Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Barcelona getting him just because they can, they don't even need him in the slightest. Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal, Coutinho and co. aren't enough?

When will Arthur and Aleña even play? :lol:
If I'm not mistaken they wanted Rabiot this summer and sent Abidal to make a deal, while they expected to only get Arthur this winter. So it makes sense if they simply switched when they realized that PSG wasn't negotiating.

ZlatMan

No thank you. We already have enough French primadonnas, we don't need another.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If I'm not mistaken they wanted Rabiot this summer and sent Abidal to make a deal, while they expected to only get Arthur this winter. So it makes sense if they simply switched when they realized that PSG wasn't negotiating.
is he going to actually play there though? - cant help but feel hes going to be busquets understuddy and he (well his mum) will start chucking toys out of the pram

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
is he going to actually play there though? - cant help but feel hes going to be busquets understuddy and he (well his mum) will start chucking toys out of the pram
And he does not like playing as a DM which is one of his squabbles with PSG.

youmeletsfly

Nope, the press would turn on him like they turned on Pogba. It's a similar type of flashy personality.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't know but what keeps it tidy said is true, he has been moaning about being asked to play as a deep lying midfielder which is his best role. If he grows up and accept to play there, I'm convinced that he could displace Busquets otherwise he will warm the bench.

RedB4ndiT

And he does not like playing as a DM which is one of his squabbles with PSG.
This is Barcelona though so maybe he'll change his mind and play DM. Plus if they tell him he'll be Busquets' replacement that's extra incentive.

Fracture90

Pretty good player imo, can play pretty much anywhere in the MF, good on the ball, can pass it, can run with it.

But his mom wanting to cash in on him is going to be a big problem for him in his career down the line imo.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Pretty good player imo, can play pretty much anywhere in the MF, good on the ball, can pass it, can run with it.

But his mom wanting to cash in on him is going to be a big problem for him in his career down the line imo.
I would not say that. I think he clearly has more potential as a DM or a Ball Winning midfielder. If he just accepted taking over Thiago Motta's role at PSG he would rarely leave the pitch for PSG and possibly get the love from PSG that he wanted. But, he has an idea in his head that he is too good for that role and needs to be playing further forward and he is really not anything special when playing further forward.

Fracture90

I would not say that. I think he clearly has more potential as a DM or a Ball Winning midfielder. If he just accepted taking over Thiago Motta's role at PSG he would rarely leave the pitch for PSG and possibly get the love from PSG that he wanted. But, he has an idea in his head that he is too good for that role and needs to be playing further forward and he is really not anything special when playing further forward.
Fair point I may have exaggerated a bit, because I do value him, DMF, CMF he is great at, AMF is not his best position. Iirc Motta was playing as DMF providing that defensive cover and distribution, alongside Matuidi who was a energetic B2B, for Verratti who was a creative spark. Now I don't know whether Rabiot had refused to play in that role but Verratti has moved into that role from CMF to a DLP and they can't seem to be able to adequately replace Matuidi.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Fair point I may have exaggerated a bit, because I do value him, DMF, CMF he is great at, AMF is not his best position. Iirc Motta was playing as DMF providing that defensive cover and distribution, alongside Matuidi who was a energetic B2B, for Verratti who was a creative spark. Now I don't know whether Rabiot had refused to play in that role but Verratti has moved into that role from CMF to a DLP and they can't seem to be able to adequately replace Matuidi.
They have not really replaced Motta they either play 3 at the back or play Marquinhos as the DM.

Fracture90

They have not really replaced Motta they either play 3 at the back or play Marquinhos as the DM.
Yeah that's true, though I think with exception of his physical presence and heading ability, they've done a good job with Verratti in that position, but they're struggling with Matuidi.

The Last Jedaiiii

Yeah that's true, though I think with exception of his physical presence and heading ability, they've done a good job with Verratti in that position, but they're struggling with Matuidi.
Without Matuidi?
Is it confirmed he's off to Barca because this has Juve written all over it-> Betancur, Pjanic & Rabiot in mid

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
He's been banned from the PSG dressing room before matches... Blimey.

Seij

Really don't need all the drama he and his mom will bring everywhere. Let him go elsewhere.

Jib

Really good player. Imagine a midfield with him and Pogba... wow :drool:

Cantona was also hated in France ( Ginola too )... he needs a second chance :cool:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Really good player. Imagine a midfield with him and Pogba... wow :drool:

Cantona was also hated in France ( Ginola too )... he needs a second chance :cool:
Well Cantona was a special character, but I loved him growing up and most of the people I knew did too. Ginola was complete nonsense and was made a scapegoat for a team failure.

Rabiot, though, deserves all the hate he gets.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Now here is a player with an attitude problem.

JPRouve

Scout
Well Cantona was a special character, but I loved him growing up and most of the people I knew did too. Ginola was complete nonsense and was made a scapegoat for a team failure.

Rabiot, though, deserves all the hate he gets.
I have the same experience with Cantona, while a lot of people were tired of his antics, I have never seen anyone that hates him. Ginola is a mystery, no one is actually able to explain why he was disliked and it's even stranger when he seems to be a really nice guy now that he is a TV host.

Mick321

If true :lol: This guy's ego is enormous, he's not even particularly good either. A very decent player but that's about it.

A-man

He’s had special treatment his whole career because PSG are dying to get a player from the academy. Of course he turns out like a spoiled brat.

JPRouve

Scout
He’s had special treatment his whole career because PSG are dying to get a player from the academy. Of course he turns out like a spoiled brat.
PSG aren't dying for anything, they have plenty of players from the academy and they produce a lot of them too.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Can't wait for him to end up broke when he retires, maybe it'll humble him.

A-man

PSG aren't dying for anything, they have plenty of players from the academy and they produce a lot of them too.
It’s not like the first team is full of academy players, most are bought from other clubs. Kimpembe is the only one starting important matches and that was not the case 4-5 years ago when Rabiots special treatment started.
Rabiot has started many matches over better players just because they wanted an academy player to be successful. He has got more chances than anyone else imo and still he is behaving disrespectful to the club and the fans.

This is and has been my opinion for a few years now.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

:lol:
Nothing surprising, you don't turn down a contract renewal at PSG to join Tottenham. The undiplomatic language looks very much like him though.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It’s not like the first team is full of academy players, most are bought from other clubs. Kimpembe is the only one starting important matches and that was not the case 4-5 years ago when Rabiots special treatment started.
Rabiot has started many matches over better players just because they wanted an academy player to be successful. He has got more chances than anyone else imo and still he is behaving disrespectful to the club and the fans.

Diaby and Adli can be special as well, more so than Rabiot.

Rabiot will get what's coming to him, it seems he's already turned down an offer from Barcelona that was initially agreed on to get some more money. Not sure if it's true or not, but this mama's boy is going to be a major headache for whoever that gets him.

JPRouve

Scout

And your opinion is wrong because the reason why Rabiot is acting like that is because he wants a special treatment that he isn't getting. Most teams have most of their players bought from other teams so that's not really a point to make. As for PSG they have Diaby, Adli, Nkunku, Areola, N'soki and Kimpembe among others.
In reality their is a bigger issue with PSG not being desperate to keep their academy players, which has led the likes of Coman, Upamecano, Mendy or Augustin to leave early.

As for better players being benched for Rabiot that's just complete nonsense.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Would happily take him as a potential upgrade on Herrera if not for the fact he's a massive knob. No idea why he thinks he's so good when he's surrounded by so many players levels above him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Would happily take him as a potential upgrade on Herrera if not for the fact he's a massive knob. No idea why he thinks he's so good when he's surrounded by so many players levels above him.
He comes across as having a rotten attitude.

A-man

And your opinion is wrong because the reason why Rabiot is acting like that is because he wants a special treatment that he isn't getting. Most teams have most of their players bought from other teams so that's not really a point to make. As for PSG they have Diaby, Adli, Nkunku, Areola, N'soki and Kimpembe among others.
In reality their is a bigger issue with PSG not being desperate to keep their academy players, which has led the likes of Coman, Upamecano, Mendy or Augustin to leave early.

As for better players being benched for Rabiot that's just complete nonsense.
I’m not talking about today, but about 5 years ago. It is still my opinion that he got special treatment just because PSG really wanted him to be successful to get an ancademy player. At this time there were hardly any French players at all in the starting XI except for Matuidi.

I don’t understand why you refuse to see that? It’s common and we see it in all big clubs. What’s different is his disrespect to the club.

JPRouve

Scout
I’m not talking about today, but about 5 years ago. It is still my opinion that he got special treatment just because PSG really wanted him to be successful to get an ancademy player. At this time there were hardly any French players at all in the starting XI except for Matuidi.

I don’t understand why you refuse to see that? It’s common and we see it in all big clubs. What’s different is his disrespect to the club.
You used the present tense so I assumed that you were talking about the present. But even then he didn't really got a special treatment, a player like Verratti got a special treatment while Rabiot has always been on the outside which again is the main issue, he wants a special treatment because he is an academy player and he isn't getting it. The first issues with him came when he demanded to play regularly and PSG refused to make any promises which led to his loan to Toulouse, he was good enough to be a bench option at PSG but wasn't happy about it, he then demanded to be paid like the best players which PSG refused several times which takes us to today.

Status
Not open for further replies.