Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBurner

The guy looks pretty good on YouTube. Couldn’t he be a Matic replacement you guys always cry about after a bad performance? Wouldn’t even need to pay an exuberant transfer price. We should take the risk with our expert man manager Ole in charge.

Also noticed he does like to carry the ball a lot and can also dribble. Nice skills to have.

Nick.

The guy looks pretty good on YouTube. Couldn’t he be a Matic replacement you guys always cry about after a bad performance? Wouldn’t even need to pay an exuberant transfer price. We should take the risk with our expert man manager Ole in charge.
Also noticed he does like to carry the ball a lot and can also dribble. Nice skills to have.
PSG wanted him to be their DM but he refused because he wants to be a midfielder who can attack, even though he performed well for them as a DM a small handful of times it isn't a "sexy" enough position for him. He has a terrible attitude and would damage the dressing room, I'm glad we aren't being linked to him.

Seij

Going to Barcelona in the summer. Probably won't get much playing time for the rest of the season at PSG. Not sure how Barca will handle him because they have more than enough world class attacking talents to a point Coutinho has been benched and Rabiot will definitely throw huge fits if he's benched. So glad he and his mom are going elsewhere.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Very weird career move, he’s going to have to fight for a place in a midfield with Busquets, Rakitic, Coutinho, Arthur and Vidal. It’s insane

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Going to Barcelona in the summer. Probably won't get much playing time for the rest of the season at PSG. Not sure how Barca will handle him because they have more than enough world class attacking talents to a point Coutinho has been benched and Rabiot will definitely throw huge fits if he's benched. So glad he and his mom are going elsewhere.
Weird. I thought they were after De Jong. Guess that isn't working out then.

beingshe7don

He's currently 23 years of age... He'll spend 2-3 years on the bench at Barca and will win trophies but will grow impatient as he won't get a spot to feature in the French team which would then spark another transfer possibly to Arsenal at the age of 26/27 where he'll probably not win anything but will get game time and prove to be one of their better players.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

I think De Jong will replace Rabiot at PSG. Sooner or later, he'll end up at Barcelona as well. Such a shame he's not been considered by United.
We don't know that. Maybe he was considered. De Jong isn't going to find it easy to leave PSG so he should be prepared to be there for a long time. I really dislike the idea of players having a next club in mind. Commit yourself fully.

beingshe7don

We don't know that. Maybe he was considered. De Jong isn't going to find it easy to leave PSG so he should be prepared to be there for a long time. I really dislike the idea of players having a next club in mind. Commit yourself fully.
I agree with you about showing commitment. However, like CR7, there are players who have dream clubs like they would like to play for which makes their current club a temp club to audition for their dream club.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I agree with you about showing commitment. However, like CR7, there are players who have dream clubs like they would like to play for which makes their current club a temp club to audition for their dream club.
PSG have not been a stepping stone club and they will do whatever to not be one.

amolbhatia50k

PSG have not been a stepping stone club and they will do whatever to not be one.
Yeah if you want a stepping stone, go to a team that will be easier to leave.

Also I'm skeptical of these footballers being so attached to one club. Ronaldo and De Jong are such huge Madrid and Barcelona fans ? Really? Ole was a Liverpool fan growing up but played his soul out for us and has United in his heart. And that's United-Liverpool!

UpWithRivers

He is a better player people give him credit for. Its just his attitude. If he sorts that out I wouldn’t be suprised if he becomes a key midfielder for them. With the transfer being free its a bargain. No idea why everyone didnt want us to take the risk. Who else could we get and at what price.

John Blund

Why aren't we in the hunt for him?

He's out of contract in the summer, and can be signed for £15M now?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why aren't we in the hunt for him?

He's out of contract in the summer, and can be signed for £15M now?
He doesn't want to play DM and I'm not sure he's a better b2b than Herrera. For a player wanting £10m a year, not sure it's a good investment.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Rabiot has also a "difficult character" to work with. In other hand, he could turn out our new Cantona (form the midfield)

John Blund

I haven't read about his "difficult character". I don't think of Cantona, but Ravel Morrison. Cantona was just a character. :)

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He doesn't want to play DM and I'm not sure he's a better b2b than Herrera. For a player wanting £10m a year, not sure it's a good investment.
On a free who can easily replace either Herrera or Matic long term? Not to memtion immediately push both for a starting spot? We'd be dumb to not be interested. Them wages would be dirt cheap IMO

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
On a free who can easily replace either Herrera or Matic long term? Not to memtion immediately push both for a starting spot? We'd be dumb to not be interested. Them wages would be dirt cheap IMO
Even though I don't like him, you are right. If the manager wants him and thinks that he can keep him in check then he is totally worth it, now I don't think that he is the "club signing" type because he can irks people quite easily and it's best to have the full support of the coaching staff.

Jeffthered

He's a lovely player. I wouldn't mind at United, would give us a little something. Top player, needs to play though, not sure how he can guarantee that at Barca. Barca look pretty strong to me...

Bobski

Always struck me as an Arsenal player. Lovely on the ball, graceful style of play, not very visible when the pressure or physicality picks up.

Kostov

He would be a good option for us if he wasn't such a knob. That and his supposed unwillingness to play DMF makes it an easy NO for us.

Fracture90

It boggles the mind why people think we need an upgrade on Herrera. :confused:
Not necessarily an upgrade but Herrera will be 30 this summer.

Let's not sign him, He'll disrupt the dressing room. Also, if He moves to Barcelona will He even be a first choice? They've just signed Arturo Vidal.
Vidal is barely getting any playtime, all reports indicate Barcelona would be happy to offload him sooner rather than later .

Fracture90

I've always rated him and honestly imo think we should be after him in the summer considering there's no transfer fee to be paid to get him, just some symbolic sign-on fee. Think Ole and Pogba could influence him in being more mature and willing to be more of a team playing by accepting to play in a less offensive role.

minoo-utd

Sign him already, he is a very good player. Hopefully we make some moves this window.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Even though I don't like him, you are right. If the manager wants him and thinks that he can keep him in check then he is totally worth it, now I don't think that he is the "club signing" type because he can irks people quite easily and it's best to have the full support of the coaching staff.
Isn't his wage demand too big? Maybe wrong but that's what I remember reading.

JPRouve

Scout
Isn't his wage demand too big? Maybe wrong but that's what I remember reading.
The rumour says that he asked for 10m€, when you consider that he is free that's not much. He is also only 23, so you are not talking about a player that should decline during the last years of that contract, on the contrary he should improve.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I've always been impressed by him - seems to do everything well. Would be a welcome addition to rotate with Herrera.

roonster09

Scout
The rumour says that he asked for 10m€, when you consider that he is free that's not much. He is also only 23, so you are not talking about a player that should decline during the last years of that contract, on the contrary he should improve.
Yeah read that, wasn't sure whether it was gross or net wages. Spanish media reported he rejected Barca's 10 million plus 10 million signing on fee (or I read somewhere that Spanish media reported it) and the deal is more complicated that it looked.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah read that, wasn't sure whether it was gross or net wages. Spanish media reported he rejected Barca's 10 million plus 10 million signing on fee (or I read somewhere that Spanish media reported it) and the deal is more complicated that it looked.
It's supposed to be net. And all the reports seem to say the same thing he wants 10m, Juventus supposedly think that it's too much, Barcelona are apparently okay with the figure but struggle with his mom while PSG offered the same amount a long time ago. Reading between the line, PSG and Barcelona are struggling with the rest, probably game time, status in the team and things like that.

roonster09

Scout
It's supposed to be net. And all the reports seem to say the same thing he wants 10m, Juventus supposedly think that it's too much, Barcelona are apparently okay with the figure but struggle with his mom while PSG offered the same amount a long time ago. Reading between the line, PSG and Barcelona are struggling with the rest, probably game time, status in the team and things like that.
10 million net means it will be around 340-350K per week, he will be our second highest paid player. Looks like we are already struggling with Sanchez' wages, so might create new problems. This is from one point of view, other is player of his quality on free transfer should be worth it.

Don't know how Barca can afford this, they are already spending around 80% of their turnover on wages. Juventus are paying 7.5 million for Ramsey, also big wages for Can too.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Excluding all the wages and that, what a player to sign on free transfer.

Brightonian

I'm split on this. Lots of reasons I'm not that keen:

He's not worth anything like that sort of wage - a free transfer negates some of the financial impact, but not the knock-on effect on others' wages or the media pressure.
He's a bit of a prima-donna and doesn't necessarily justify it yet, and we already have a star midfielder who does merit the status.
He can't or won't do the one thing we really need at the moment in our midfield - replace Matic as a positionally disciplined, out-and-out DM.
Looks to me like someone who benefits from playing 90% of his football against grossly inferior opposition, keeping him fresh and rested for those occasional big games. Is he going to struggle with the grinding intensity of the PL?

But he does have one big upside, which is that he's someone who could come in and get plenty of football next to Pogba - in Herrera's position or Matic's - but could also cover Pogba in a way that no-one we currently have can, providing that forward momentum, quality, physical presence, flair etc. Anyone else we bought to cover Pogba would fall into that star-player-backup catch 22, that no-one with the quality to do the job would be happy to sit on the bench most of the time. Rabiot's relative positional flexibility avoids that problem.

EDIT: And I guess you also have to say his style of all-over-the-pitch defending would suit Solskjaer's apparent preferred level of press (that is, fairly high a lot of the time but flexible and not gung-ho like 2011 Barca or Klopp's Dortmund.)

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
This game is an example of what he can do as a DM.

ArjenIsM3

Why?
I'm thinking about one thing only...transitional speed and accuracy. Something we've wanted for so long.
Because all three are at their best when attacking imho. Surely one of the three has to be a proper DM. I see both Rabiot and Neves as Herrera replacements instead of Matic replacements.

JPRouve

Scout
Because all three are at their best when attacking imho. Surely one of the three has to be a proper DM. I see both Rabiot and Neves as Herrera replacements instead of Matic replacements.
Rabiot isn't at his best when attacking, he is at his best as a DM in the mould of Thiago Motta.

Status
Not open for further replies.