Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Doesn't he actively not want to play that role though? I thought that was part of his issue at PSG, that he wanted to play a more attacking role?
Indeed, he wants to play higher even though that's not where he is at his best or where he is needed.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Please no.

Also, I love the fact that he's likely to end up at Spurs after supposedly slagging them off a few weeks ago.

Art

Art the artist

Please no.

Also, I love the fact that he's likely to end up at Spurs after supposedly slagging them off a few weeks ago.
Why wouldn't you want him at Liverpool ? Quality player imo.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Please no.

Agent and attitude aside, he’s basically what your midfield is lacking, no?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Please no.

:lol:

Quality player, just what our midfield needs. If he's got a bum agent though I'll take a wide berth.

izec

Thought Barca, Juve and Bayern would be all over this one. Now that Barca got Frenkie, i dont think Rabiot is of interest, even on a free. But i am surprised Juve and Bayern arent on it, they love a free transfer, especially Bayern could need some fresh legs in midfield, while Juve took already a midfielder in Ramsey.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Why wouldn't you want him at Liverpool ? Quality player imo.
We've got a happy camp, so there's no point in adding a (potentially) disruptive influence. And plus we're pretty stacked in CM. I'd MAYBE take him in the summer if we can ship out Lallana, but I wouldn't take him now.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Thought Barca, Juve and Bayern would be all over this one. Now that Barca got Frenkie, i dont think Rabiot is of interest, even on a free. But i am surprised Juve and Bayern arent on it, they love a free transfer, especially Bayern could need some fresh legs in midfield, while Juve took already a midfielder in Ramsey.
Juve got Ramsey so I guess that's what's putting them off with Rabiot. feck knows what's up at Bayern, maybe some new youth product in BL to be nicked off their rivals.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We've got a happy camp, so there's no point in adding a (potentially) disruptive influence. And plus we're pretty stacked in CM. I'd MAYBE take him in the summer if we can ship out Lallana, but I wouldn't take him now.
Stacked in numbers or quality?

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Stacked in numbers or quality?
Bit of both. Gini/Fabinho/Keita/Ox are unlikely to be replaced any time soon, but one has undoubtedly underperformed so far, while the other has been out for 9 months. Milner has been class, but is aging. Lallana needs to move on. Hendo is somewhere between Milner & Lallana.

I'd say we've 5 midfielders (Milner/Gini/Fabinho/Keita/Ox) who've got a lot to offer us in the next few seasons, & many would throw Hendo into that conversation also. I'm not saying Rabiot isn't talented, and I'm definitely not saying he'd be a bad player for us, but with the question marks over his temperament, I really don't think we need to risk adding him to our squad in the middle of our best domestic season for almost 30 years.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Bit of both. Gini/Fabinho/Keita/Ox are unlikely to be replaced any time soon, but one has undoubtedly underperformed so far, while the other has been out for 9 months. Milner has been class, but is aging. Lallana needs to move on. Hendo is somewhere between Milner & Lallana.

I'd say we've 5 midfielders (Milner/Gini/Fabinho/Keita/Ox) who've got a lot to offer us in the next few seasons, & many would throw Hendo into that conversation also. I'm not saying Rabiot isn't talented, and I'm definitely not saying he'd be a bad player for us, but with the question marks over his temperament, I really don't think we need to risk adding him to our squad in the middle of our best domestic season for almost 30 years.
None of those players offer what Rabiot would and I hope it doesn’t happen. Would upgrade your midfield massively from a creative point of view.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
None of those players offer what Rabiot would and I hope it doesn’t happen. Would upgrade your midfield massively from a creative point of view.
Agree with that. From what I've seen of him he's better than anything we've got by a distance. But any disruption could wreck out season.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Agree with that. From what I've seen of him he's better than anything we've got by a distance. But any disruption could wreck out season.
Which is why I said I'd maybe take him in the summer. I don't see the point in risking it right now.

Mick321

Rabiot isn't particularly creative. Just decent at most things outstanding at nothing.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's the French Henderson with a bit more belief in himself on the ball.

RC89

He's only 23? Feel like he's been on the European stage for years. Surely worth a punt for us? We sorely lack depth given Fred so far has been poor.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Can't wait to see where he ends up, his next club is in for a great time every transfer window when he wants to triple his wages and refuse to play if it's too cold. :lol:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern is only an option, if they don’t trigger James‘ option. Martinez, Thiago, James, Goretzka, Sanches, Müller for 3 midfield spots is enough.
I can’t exclude them selling Martinez and Sanches though.

Rolaholic

Decent player with a shocking attitude,his entitlement has seen him be alienated/blackballed from both his club and countries national team

His talent isn't overwhelming enough to brush aside his character concerns. I wouldn't want to touch him if I were running a big club tbh

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why are Arsenal not for him ? He could be the replacement for Ramsey.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
But, he lacks the discipline and consistency someone like Henderson has.
You watch PSG enough to know that he lacks consistency? Attitude might be his problem but I don't think there's many faults with him as a player when his attitude is right. If it's not a team disruptive sort of attitude it's not a bad punt to make for free.

Macedonian Red

Rabiott for free? Why not?
We need 2 players in midfield and we can afford it in one windows just if one of them is free.

Why we never try to sign free players? There are a few good in last years.

The Last Jedaiiii

Rabiott for free? Why not?
We need 2 players in midfield and we can afford it in one windows just if one of them is free.

Why we never try to sign free players? There are a few good in last years.
Because you don't get to market them playing a piano? Ibra was one of the best signings ever and he was free

Kostov

Why are we not pursuing this guy on a free? Regardless his attitude or his mother's/agent being a pain in the ass, if we can put him into line with our french contingent he would be a bargain on a free transfer.

It would somehow even it up paying 50m for Fred. :houllier:

Fracture90

Going for Rabiot this summer would probably help us divert some money we could use to strengthen other areas and in the best case scenario he proves as a success, worst case scenario we could probably still offload him and recoup the money invested in him.

Trizy

Going for Rabiot this summer would probably help us divert some money we could use to strengthen other areas and in the best case scenario he proves as a success, worst case scenario we could probably still offload him and recoup the money invested in him.
Its low risk imo. Sign on a free (with <£10m signing fee) and if he kicks up a fuss, sell him from profit.

Win/win.

Fracture90

Its low risk imo. Sign on a free (with <£10m signing fee) and if he kicks up a fuss, sell him from profit.

Win/win.
Exactly, he is after all a very talented young player with buckets of experience despite his young age.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Well the worst case scenario is that it will be tough to offload him because no one will want to pay his wages.

Fracture90

Well the worst case scenario is that it will be tough to offload him because no one will want to pay his wages.
That's also an option tbh, but going through reports he's asking for €10m per season and there aren't many clubs (if any) willing to give him that much considering his main suitor (Barca) went on a bought De Jong. Either way if we are to buy him and things don't work out don't think it would prove that difficult to offload him considering he's young and will not be willing to spend his best days sitting in the stands.

Trizy

That's also an option tbh, but going through reports he's asking for €10m per season and there aren't many clubs (if any) willing to give him that much considering his main suitor (Barca) went on a bought De Jong. Either way if we are to buy him and things don't work out don't think it would prove that difficult to offload him considering he's young and will not be willing to spend his best days sitting in the stands.
€10m? No club is gonna pay that.

Status
Not open for further replies.