Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eplel

I'll keep tabs on him just to laugh when he will inevitably have a couple of bad games at Barcelona and permanently loses his position to Busquet's cousin or something.

Deleted member 101472

Would love to see every top team call his bluff and offer him no more than 50k a week with no signing on fee.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I’m not talking about today, but about 5 years ago. It is still my opinion that he got special treatment just because PSG really wanted him to be successful to get an ancademy player. At this time there were hardly any French players at all in the starting XI except for Matuidi.

I don’t understand why you refuse to see that? It’s common and we see it in all big clubs. What’s different is his disrespect to the club.
No special treatment at all, he has started to be considered as an automatic starter in August 2018 following the departure of Matuidi. He made his debuts in 2012...

Nico87

I've only seen him a handful of times and thought he was a decent albeit unremarkable player, it may have just been the games I've seen but he's seems to be tidy in possession and always available but offers no penetration. I wouldn't say he's any better than Harry Winks, is he much better than I'm giving him credit for and I've only seen him at his worst? ( which is admittedly possible as I've only seen him a limited times as stated). If he is better than that what other skills does he possess?.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I've only seen him a handful of times and thought he was a decent albeit unremarkable player, it may have just been the games I've seen but he's seems to be tidy in possession and always available but offers no penetration. I wouldn't say he's any better than Harry Winks, is he much better than I'm giving him credit for and I've only seen him at his worst? ( which is admittedly possible as I've only seen him a limited times as stated). If he is better than that what other skills does he possess?.
He is very complete, he is better than all our midfielders at the exception of Pogba but he has a terrible attitude, he thinks that he is too good to be a deep lying playmaker which is his best role. In terms of style, he is a lot like Ruben Neves.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He is very complete, he is better than all our midfielders at the exception of Pogba but he has a terrible attitude, he thinks that he is too good to be a deep lying playmaker which is his best role. In terms of style, he is a lot like Ruben Neves.
He had a greater potential than Pogba IMO

Mindset of Matuidi + Initial talent of Rabiot = the white Patrick Vieira.

Instead, we have just a tiny upgrade of Clément Chantôme

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I have watched him a few times and everytime he has stood out - I really rate him.

A-man

You used the present tense so I assumed that you were talking about the present. But even then he didn't really got a special treatment, a player like Verratti got a special treatment while Rabiot has always been on the outside which again is the main issue, he wants a special treatment because he is an academy player and he isn't getting it. The first issues with him came when he demanded to play regularly and PSG refused to make any promises which led to his loan to Toulouse, he was good enough to be a bench option at PSG but wasn't happy about it, he then demanded to be paid like the best players which PSG refused several times which takes us to today.
No special treatment at all, he has started to be considered as an automatic starter in August 2018 following the departure of Matuidi. He made his debuts in 2012...
If I was unclear it’s my fault, but the special treatment I am talking about was during PSGs first years among the big boys. When they bought Zlatan, Silva, Cavani, well almost a whole new team. Of course the club wanted an own product among all those foreign players. The only French player starting every game at this time was Matuidi. During 4 years I watched every single PSG game, and it is my opinion he played instead of better players. That is of course an opinion, nothing that can be proved or anything. It is also my belief that this is common at big clubs, to favour own products. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes the biggest club in France have produced some good to decent players, would be very strange otherwise, but none of them were starting at the time I am talking about.

JPRouve

Scout

:lol:

I did thought about Vieira but his attitude is way too bad, a player like Vieira who was pretty good on the ball was also happy to be the main DM for Arsenal. To be honest I think that Rabiot is a lost cause, I don't see what could make him change his mindset.

Pastore27

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
JP and Ecstatic, in my opinion you are a bit too enthusiastic bout Rabiot's potential.
Talented but comparing him to Pogba or Vieira, well ...
He has many things to prove on and off the field.
If he was so good, PSG would have given him what he wanted, but they never did, maybe there's a reason.
The guy (and his mother) are persuaded the biggest clubs crave for him. I'm really not sure Barça, Real, MU or Juventus are ready to splash big wages on him.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
If I was unclear it’s my fault, but the special treatment I am talking about was during PSGs first years among the big boys. When they bought Zlatan, Silva, Cavani, well almost a whole new team. Of course the club wanted an own product among all those foreign players. The only French player starting every game at this time was Matuidi. During 4 years I watched every single PSG game, and it is my opinion he played instead of better players. That is of course an opinion, nothing that can be proved or anything. It is also my belief that this is common at big clubs, to favour own products. Nothing wrong with that.

Yes the biggest club in France have produced some good to decent players, would be very strange otherwise, but none of them were starting at the time I am talking about.
You are probably right but whatever the treatment, he could and should have done better.

UpWithRivers

I think he is exactly the player we are missing. His passing and link up between defence and midfield is why barca want to gamble on him and we have no players of that stature. Even if we found one they would cost 100 mill. Id take a gamble on him. Lots of his attitude is just handbag stuff. Managements job is to handle egos...worst case shove him in reserves then sell him

Minimalist

I think he is exactly the player we are missing. His passing and link up between defence and midfield is why barca want to gamble on him and we have no players of that stature. Even if we found one they would cost 100 mill. Id take a gamble on him. Lots of his attitude is just handbag stuff. Managements job is to handle egos...worst case shove him in reserves then sell him
What? A complete wanker?

Pastore27

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
And who will buy him if he is given his annual 10 millions and then fails ?

UpWithRivers

What? A complete wanker?
Maybe i dont know the total history. Why is he a wanker. Said he was too good for France reserves etc. i can live with that. Is he actually a wanker in the dressing room? Do all players hate him?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm still not sure why Barca would be interested in him. Has it been confirmed from the Barca side? It could be complete bs to generate interest in him. They really do not need him.

JPRouve

Scout
JP and Ecstatic, in my opinion you are a bit too enthusiastic bout Rabiot's potential.
If he was so good, PSG would have given him what he wanted, but they never did, maybe there's a reason.
The guy (and his mother) are persuaded the biggest clubs crave for him. I'm really not sure Barça, Real, MU or Juventus are ready to splash big wages on him.
If reports are accurate PSG did offer him close to what he wants but since he is full of himself, he probably thinks that the club negotiating his a personal insult. As for my evaluation of his potential, I could well be overrating him but in my opinion he has been better than Thiago Motta for a very long time and the only reason he wasn't starting is because he was whining about how he is a box to box and not a DM. In the end, I share your doubts about his ability to reach Pögba's level but to me it's only because I don't trust him to change his mentality.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm still not sure why Barca would be interested in him. Has it been confirmed from the Barca side? It could be complete bs to generate interest in him. They really do not need him.
They said that they contacted PSG about him this summer and in the last weeks.

SATA

I get the impression that this chap is abit of a mercenary. Is he really that good to be making up a fuss out of himself or just trying to create media hype and luring the elite clubs to try and sign him?

Trophy Room

Would happily take him as a potential upgrade on Herrera if not for the fact he's a massive knob. No idea why he thinks he's so good when he's surrounded by so many players levels above him.
It boggles the mind why people think we need an upgrade on Herrera. :confused:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It boggles the mind why people think we need an upgrade on Herrera. :confused:
I don't think we need one personally and I stand by the jist of this thread (excluding the fact a number of more complete midfielders have come or developed since), but you can't overlook the fact his form has fallen off a cliff a few times. There's good explanations for why and the environment he's existed in has often been very messy, but he hasn't been someone we can always rely upon.

When on form I think he's almost perfect, with the exception of his limited passing range, and I'd be more worried about replacing Matic. It's just he isn't always on form. For someone in his position, all you want is reliability and consistency and he hasn't been able to give us that. And there are players that play in his position that are better.

JPRouve

Scout
I get the impression that this chap is abit of a mercenary. Is he really that good to be making up a fuss out of himself or just trying to create media hype and luring the elite clubs to try and sign him?
I don't really get the mercenary reference in that context but he simply has an overinflated ego, PSG and Barcelona want to sign him but he wants people to put "respek on his name".

SATA

I don't really get the mercenary reference in that context but he simply has an overinflated ego, PSG and Barcelona want to sign him but he wants people to put "respek on his name".
Do you think we should try to sign him? Worth a shot?

JPRouve

Scout
Do you think we should try to sign him? Worth a shot?
I'm conflicted, I rate the player but don't rate the character so it all depends on the identity of the manager and how the locker room would react to his constant whining.

Pastore27

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If reports are accurate PSG did offer him close to what he wants but since he is full of himself, he probably thinks that the club negotiating his a personal insult. As for my evaluation of his potential, I could well be overrating him but in my opinion he has been better than Thiago Motta for a very long time and the only reason he wasn't starting is because he was whining about how he is a box to box and not a DM. In the end, I share your doubts about his ability to reach Pögba's level but to me it's only because I don't trust him to change his mentality.
Yes, he's been better than Motta since Motta's legs are gone :-P
But I agree he has shown sometimes a very interesting potential, even in big CL games.
Should probably get rid of his mother for a start. (as an agent, I mean)
Happy new year everybody. ;)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Let's not sign him, He'll disrupt the dressing room. Also, if He moves to Barcelona will He even be a first choice? They've just signed Arturo Vidal.

marktan

That's high praise indeed, Viera was very good on the ball. And Pogba's even better than Viera on the ball, guy can do it all

To be honest every time I've watched Rabiot in the CL he's never shone for me, he reminds me of a player like Gendouzi for Arsenal or Herrera for us, that gets about and is good with the ball, but not a world class talent the way a Verrati or Iniesta or Pogba are

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
That's high praise indeed, Viera was very good on the ball. And Pogba's even better than Viera on the ball, guy can do it all

To be honest every time I've watched Rabiot in the CL he's never shone for me, he reminds me of a player like Gendouzi for Arsenal or Herrera for us, that gets about and is good with the ball, but not a world class talent the way a Verrati or Iniesta or Pogba are
I was enthusiastic between 2012 and 2015. 30 caps at the youth level.

https://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2013/11/17/1754642-adrien-rabiot-une-trajectoire-toute-tracee.html

http://www.culturepsg.com/news/match/real-madrid-psg-0-1-les-prestations-individuelles/6163

At the age of 17, some of his performances were very great. He has better technical and passing skills than Kanté and Matuidi.

The issue is he hasn't improved for diverse reasons: no sense of sacrifice, no humility and no deep desire to be improve.

He still remains a good business opportunity in a market with soaring prices.

MetoTTT

They don't need him but it's a great opportunity for them to sign a 50-60mil player on a free. This guy could be a very good player but his (immature) attitude and agent/mother will ruin him. Need a hairdryer treatement to go the right way for me.

buckooo1978

he's looked a classy player when I've seen him. Technically very good.

if there is an attitude problem he can jog on though. Attitude issues have set us back years with our last poor appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.