Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Did you pluck that figure out of the air? The most I heard him asking for is €10m, per year. That translates to £166k pw.
https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/report-rabiot-s-monster-request-does-not-scare-juventus-82556

At the moment nobody has offered him that, or he would have signed already. So putting in an offer at £150k pw and see if he accepts it, is not out of the question. That's how much we allegedly pay Fred anyway.

Bear in mind he doesn't have many other realistic options.
- France: He's leaving the only team that could pay him what he wants.
- Spain: The big 3 are not interested for various reasons. No one would else can pay him what he wants.
- Italy: Juve might be able to go for him but they just gave Ramsay a big salary and they'd have to offload a midfielder to make space.

I reckon he'll be EPL-bound.
I think that's after tax

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think that's after tax
The rumour says net. The story about Rabiot and his wage is fairly simple, he was on a relatively small contract compared to players transferred to the club, then PSG tried to low ball him with a 4m contract, which is the same as Choupo-Moting, Rabiot allegedly asked for around 7m, PSG tried to haggle, Rabiot took offense and stopped the talks in November-December, then Antero Henrique started his nonsense before finally matching Rabiot's request which he rejected due to Henrique acting like prat.

That's the rumour that was reported, the rest is made up by people that apparently didn't follow that drama from the beginning.

Currently he earns 280k gross per month.

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
The rumour says net. The story about Rabiot and his wage is fairly simple, he was on a relatively small contract compared to players transferred to the club, then PSG tried to low ball him with a 4m contract, which is the same as Choupo-Moting, Rabiot allegedly asked for around 7m, PSG tried to haggle, Rabiot took offense and stopped the talks in November-December, then Antero Henrique started his nonsense before finally match Rabiot's request which he rejected due to Henrique acting like prat.

That's the rumour that was reported, the rest is made up by people that apparently didn't follow that drama from the beginning.

Fair enough sounds like a man of principle. He'd have a torrid time over here though. Our fans don't really need much to start hating their own players, and before long they would start promoting lies about him like they do about Pogba (i.e. Ferguson sold him).

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Rabiot is talented, he's physically strong, he's young, he wants to play regular football and he's on free. I'd love to know what there is to hate in that.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Rabiot is talented, he's physically strong, he's young, he wants to play regular football and he's on free. I'd love to know what there is to hate in that.
I agree.

Ridiculous to ignore him. It was even discussed on 5Live last night;he'd be excellent for us IMO

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Another lefty, though. Him, Matic and Fred. Pogba prefers to play on the left side too.

devilish

I agree.

Ridiculous to ignore him. It was even discussed on 5Live last night;he'd be excellent for us IMO
Look I am no expert on French football @kouroux and @JPRouve would surely know more then I do. Having said that, we're in no position to snub talented players at the right age and with the much needed hunger. Is he a prat who wants to play regularly? So what? Keane was a difficult character, Cantona retired the moment SAF suggested he might start using him sparingly to preserve him and Scholes turned into an absolute nightmare on the bench. I would be more worried if the player finds every excuse in the book to stay out of the first team (for example he doesn't play well or he always walk out of the team with an injury). We have already too many of those.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Look I am no expert on French football @kouroux and @JPRouve would surely know more then I do. Having said that, we're in no position to snub talented players at the right age and with the much needed hunger. Is he a prat who wants to play regularly? So what? Keane was a difficult character, Cantona retired the moment SAF suggested he might start using him sparingly to preserve him and Scholes turned into an absolute nightmare on the bench. I would be more worried if the player finds every excuse in the book to stay out of the first team (for example he doesn't play well or he always walk out of the team with an injury). We have already too many of those.
If Rabiot had no bagage, I would love him to be a Man United, I rate him highly. Right now I don't know, part of me thinks he needs to get out of France, leave his comfort zone and discover himself. The footballer in him is excellent, the rest is hard to judge

Patrick08

Another lefty, though. Him, Matic and Fred. Pogba prefers to play on the left side too.
Matic is a deadwood to be honest. The quicker we get rid the better otherwise he will soon be a very tough candidate to be moved on and earn us a fee.

devilish

Rabiot had no bagage, I would love him to be a Man United, I rate him highly. Right now I don't know, part of me thinks he needs to get out of France, leave his comfort zone and discover himself. The footballer in him is excellent, the rest is hard to judge
that's enough for me. If the likes of your good self and @JPRouve rates him then so do I.

NJM78

It just seems too obvious to me, being free, being a midfielder who is more talented than the majority of ours. why not get him? We have lost Fellaini and Herrera and no offence to McTominay but him, Matic, Fred and Pereira is a shockingly average midfield quartet. I also think Pogba will leave.

I would get him and Fernandes.

I'm not bothered by the rumours of his attitude.

Kapardin

He's on a free isn't he? Then it's a no-brainer. Attitude problems or not, we are desperate for midfield quality and he would be desperate to kickstart his career.

Also frees up cash to buy another midfielder.

MetoTTT

The rumour says net. The story about Rabiot and his wage is fairly simple, he was on a relatively small contract compared to players transferred to the club, then PSG tried to low ball him with a 4m contract, which is the same as Choupo-Moting, Rabiot allegedly asked for around 7m, PSG tried to haggle, Rabiot took offense and stopped the talks in November-December, then Antero Henrique started his nonsense before finally matching Rabiot's request which he rejected due to Henrique acting like prat.

This. I really like him. He could be an excellent player if his attitude is right and he has to grow up, work hard if not he'll waste his talent. If OGS could manage him, he'll be a bargain. Sill not get the France NT refusal and his mom has just to stop.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
Matic is a deadwood to be honest. The quicker we get rid the better otherwise he will soon be a very tough candidate to be moved on and earn us a fee.
He also only has a year left on his contract in the summer, so it's highly likely he will be sold to recoup some cash.

Infra-red

If Rabiot had no bagage, I would love him to be a Man United, I rate him highly. Right now I don't know, part of me thinks he needs to get out of France, leave his comfort zone and discover himself. The footballer in him is excellent, the rest is hard to judge
Are we the right place for him to make that step up in development, though? He looks like he might be the type of player who requires a firm hand from his coach.

I'm not really sure whether he's a #6 or a #8, either. Doesn't seem to particularly excel at anything, but is ok/fairly good in most areas?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The rumour says net
So that's 350K per week. Wonder which club will sign him for that wages.

Anyways it's not even straightforward. It's easy decision as he won't cost too much in overall cost to the club but we have seen how much it might have impact on other contracts.

Will be interesting to see how this saga ends.

devilish

Anyways it's not even straightforward. It's easy decision as he won't cost too much in overall cost to the club but we have seen how much it might have impact on other contracts.

350k a week is not much if you take the transfer fee out of the equation.

kouroux

Are we the right place for him to make that step up in development, though? He looks like he might be the type of player who requires a firm hand from his coach.

I'm not really sure whether he's a #6 or a #8, either. Doesn't seem to particularly excel at anything, but is ok/fairly good in most areas?
That's another issue, his best position is 6 but he doesn't enjoy playing there.

scoi

My only concern would be the attitude in training and giving his all on the pitch. Hopefully the management team can get some insight from the French members of the team.

The biggest concern for me at the moment is the lack of desire to win every ball and this comes from attitude, he wants to be a starter in a big club and if he has the attitude he can certainly achieve that at OT with Matic, McT and Fred as competition for the next year or 2.

JPRouve

Scout

For me it's all about the club and the managing team, the player is worth the money if you have the correct structure. And bear in mind that it's a rumour, it could easily be less.

MetoTTT

That's another issue, his best position is 6 but he doesn't enjoy playing there.
I agree but I think it more to do with the fact he wanted to be a regular in France NT and Kante is a world class #6. Rabiot doesn't deserve the quoted wages even on a free. That could be a real issue in the dressing room.

kouroux

I agree but I think it more to do with the fact he wanted to be a regular in France NT and Kante is a world class #6. Rabiot doesn't deserve the quoted wages even on a free. That could be a real issue in the dressing room.
It really could, we need to learn from the Sanchez signing

trafford1980

My only concern would be the attitude in training and giving his all on the pitch. Hopefully the management team can get some insight from the French members of the team.

The biggest concern for me at the moment is the lack of desire to win every ball and this comes from attitude, he wants to be a starter in a big club and if he has the attitude he can certainly achieve that at OT with Matic, McT and Fred as competition for the next year or 2.
No way. Our upper hierarchy are dumb, but surely even they don't think that Martial and Pogba are the go-to duo to greenlight any potential signing based on attitude and hard work.

I'd rather the board ask Martial and Pogba who we should sign and then go out and buy the exact opposite.

flappyjay

I think the workaround is give him his sign on bonus upfront instead of adding it to the wages like we apparently did with Sanchez. Give him his 20m sign on bonus upfront then pay him 150k a week.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
For me it's all about the club and the managing team, the player is worth the money if you have the correct structure. And bear in mind that it's a rumour, it could easily be less.
Yeah, it might be less. Just that we have seen the impact of free transfers on rest of the squad. Like you said if we have proper structure and hierarchy then it shouldn't be a problem, shame we don't have it.

flappyjay

350k a week is not much if you take the transfer fee out of the equation.
When he starts performing bad we are gonna all conveniently forget that he signed on a free. I just feel in order not to mess with the wage structure give him his money upfront then pay him a normal wage.

MetoTTT

It really could, we need to learn from the Sanchez signing
Of course...and Alexis was a world class player or close to be. I'll add Martial's wages too. Rabiot has a lot to prove before deserve this kind of wages.
Other players don't care if he has signed on a free or not. They'll come knocking on the door asking for more and be unhappy if they don't get it. Stop overpay the players ffs!

johanovic

Rabiot is a brilliant midfield player and one that we should always sign on a free if possible. When(IF) Pogba leaves + Herrera gone we need a new midfield. Rabiot as part of that is always a smart move and him + Rice/Ndombele/Fernandes would gives us a very strong midfield.

JPRouve

Scout
Of course...and Alexis was a world class player or close to be. I'll add Martial's wages too. Rabiot has a lot to prove before deserve this kind of wages.
Other players don't care if he has signed on a free or not. They'll come knocking on the door asking for more and be unhappy if they don't get it. Stop overpay the players ffs!
And that's where a solid hierarchy is needed, logically you tell them to do one or reimburse their transfer fee if they want the same contract.

Wallez

I think Rabiot would be absolutely perfect as DM for us. I know that rumors has his mother/agent wanted him to play in a more attacking role, but this seems absurd. PSG saw him as a perfect replacement to Thiago Motta before the relationship between him and the club broke down, a player that was very similar to Carrick in his later years. Rabiot is solid physically, reads the game fantasticly, is calm with the ball in his feet and has a solid passing range. I think he would be the Carrick replacement we never got. I don't think his salary will be a problem, and it should be realistic to make him one of our best paid players (150-180 k/week) and throw in a big sign-on fee (10-15 mill) to compensate for the lack of transfer fee and sweeten the deal.

devilish

When he starts performing bad we are gonna all conveniently forget that he signed on a free. I just feel in order not to mess with the wage structure give him his money upfront then pay him a normal wage.
That would be silly financially wise. If we give him lets say 10-20m upfront then that money will be gone forever. However if lets say he does well, Real comes knocking at our door and he pushes for a transfer then we'll be making a huge profit for him + he won't get all the money we 'owe him' as a free agent.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The perfect Herrera replacement who would cost nothing. This should be a no brained for Ole and team if other clubs haven't tied him down yet
He’s been causing trouble behind the scenes for not being played in his preferred position and going around thinking he’s a lot better than anything he’s really shown. How is he a perfect replacement for Ander? In fact I’d go out on a limb and say it the other way around.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The conversation is a bit strange, the rumours don't really link him to a massive wage and he is young. The question for United is whether we have the managing structure to welcome him and if it's a good idea to sign a moody player when you are in turmoil? Because Rabiot isn't going to be cryptic, if you criticize him for the team performances while he thinks that his teammates don't pull their own weight, there is fair that he is going to call them out.

I would prefer to see him go somewhere else even though I'm pretty sure that he is going to be good for his new team.
This. United is in a mess right now. Usually players with ego can be controlled if the team is winning, or the team is setup around them. I'm not sure, even on free, Rabiot is the right player for us now.

MetoTTT

I think Rabiot would be absolutely perfect as DM for us. I know that rumors has his mother/agent wanted him to play in a more attacking role, but this seems absurd. PSG saw him as a perfect replacement to Thiago Motta before the relationship between him and the club broke down, a player that was very similar to Carrick in his later years. Rabiot is solid physically, reads the game fantasticly, is calm with the ball in his feet and has a solid passing range. I think he would be the Carrick replacement we never got. I don't think his salary will be a problem, and it should be realistic to make him one of our best paid players (150-180 k/week) and throw in a big sign-on fee (10-15 mill) to compensate for the lack of transfer fee and sweeten the deal.
I agree and I think 10-20mil + 150-180k/week would be perfect not the 230k/week quoted sometimes.

My main concern isn't we wouldn't sign the players I think we should or the Caf's favorites.

My biggest concern is that I do not feel that there are enough competent people in this club, able to find the right solutions, the right players and that they have no plan to get us out of this embarrassing situation so that we can become a big club again.
Ed must take care of the buiseness and hire competent people to handle the rest.
Establish a road map, sign the right players and be smart in the transfer market.
Stop signing players just to sell jerseys and sign sponsors ffs!
It's a shame the state of this club right now!

flappyjay

That would be silly financially wise. If we give him lets say 10-20m upfront then that money will be gone forever. However if lets say he does well, Real comes knocking at our door and he pushes for a transfer then we'll be making a huge profit for him + he won't get all the money we 'owe him' as a free agent.
Regardless we would still make profit off of him without the continued destruction of the wage structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.