Adrien Rabiot / completing formalities at Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanche7

Good, a few reliable sources now reporting our interest, first LeEquipe now The BBC, will be an intelligent signing provided the management can handle him
We need to make cheap but good signings like this especially since we need an entirely new midfield(if Pogba leaves, which I think he will) , half a defense and probably 2/3 of an attack

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The thing to remember with Rabiot is that he has always been a very spoiled kid, but he's 24 now and just went through some serious humbling. Getting torn to shreds for his behavior with the French NT, and his dealing with PSG all year long which resulted in him losing a massive amount of playing time. He could grow up from this, stranger things have happened. However, I see him as someone who, if he is to grow up, needs to be in an incredibly tight environment where any messing about won't be tolerated. Is this current United team the best environment for him? I tend to lean towards a big no, seeing as how the players have been acting these last few years. There just doesn't seem to be a strong leadership at any level of the club, but especially among the players. I think situations like that is where you'll see the worse side of Rabiot sooner rather than later.

youmeletsfly

The thing to remember with Rabiot is that he has always been a very spoiled kid, but he's 24 now and just went through some serious humbling. Getting torn to shreds for his behavior with the French NT, and his dealing with PSG all year long which resulted in him losing a massive amount of playing time. He could grow up from this, stranger things have happened. However, I see him as someone who, if he is to grow up, needs to be in an incredibly tight environment where any messing about won't be tolerated. Is this current United team the best environment for him? I tend to lean towards a big no, seeing as how the players have been acting these last few years. There just doesn't seem to be a strong leadership at any level of the club, but especially among the players. I think situations like that is where you'll see the worse side of Rabiot sooner rather than later.
I don't really see him as a prick or even that spoiled to be honest. The part with the France team I can understand, he was playing week in week out for PSG but for the NT he wasn't even considered seriously. His mistake was taking it all out in public rather than discussing it with the coach and I think that was more his mother's move than his.

pascell

There are 2 clubs in this world you don't screw up with. One is Man City and one is PSG. It is very obvious even Barcelona and Real Madrid don't tap up their players because both clubs know there will be consequence.
Barca tapped up Verratti a few times, hence why Neymar is now playing for PSG.

DoubleRevv

Have to agree with you. I share the same thought that recent events in his professional life would have humbled him or at least given him a new perspective. Makes it feel like a really bad moment to lose someone like Herrera, a player who seems to be as professional as they come, and who could set the standard for the culture in the dressing room.

There's this childish "Twelebrity" vibe you get from seeing these set of united players - in particular Lingard and Pogba, it feels like they will be perpetual lads and never exhibit the mentality or focus required for the team. I suspect that Lingard is a decent person morally, but he is just the wrong cultural fit for our team.

Getting rid of Lingard breaks the Pogba / Lingard and Lingard/Rashford childish clique. I've derailed somewhat, but in essence this could be a good signing if we sorted out the culture in the team by sending the message that no one is untouchable or that mediocrity has no place here.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't really see him as a prick or even that spoiled to be honest. The part with the France team I can understand, he was playing week in week out for PSG but for the NT he wasn't even considered seriously. His mistake was taking it all out in public rather than discussing it with the coach and I think that was more his mother's move than his.
Everything he has done reeks of being spoiled, you must not follow his behavior very closely to not even get a whiff of it. Also, his mother is an extension of him, she is not acting solely on her own there.

And it's wrong to assume he wasn't considered seriously, he got his chances to play for the NT and simply didn't impress. He's not this extraordinary talent that you will just stick through the bad performances when there's a ton of other talented players that deserve a chance to see if they can succeed at the NT or not. He had his chance, didn't take it, was given a chance to be in the reserve and felt insulted by it. That's right down the check list, first-ballot hall of fame spoiled brat. But again, he could grow up from all of this and if I had a solid culture at my club and was in need of a CM, I would take a shot at him if he calms down a bit on his wage demands and just demands overall.

Skills

Snitch
We need to do what other “clever teams” do, you sign a player on say 150k per week, then IF they hit specific team targets year on year then there’s a percentage rise to wages which reflects in the monies from wining competitions or finishing higher in the league. If they don’t then no rise, watch how much they all start pulling together....!
Tell me which clubs do this again and with which players?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I dunno, from what I've read about him he doesn't seem like that much of a prick to me.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Liverpool and now it appears Juventus as well have all been interested enough to hold talks with his mother/agent and she managed to scare away/royally piss off every single one of them :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I dunno, from what I've read about him he doesn't seem like that much of a prick to me.
I wouldn't call him a prick and as far as I know he has never been an issue in the dressing room. The problem is more that he has a big mouth, a big head and he is the type of person that can easily upset a fan base.

NJM78

I wouldn't call him a prick and as far as I know he has never been an issue in the dressing room. The problem is more that he has a big mouth, a big head and he is the type of person that can easily upset a fan base.
A fair few of our players upset the fan base just with their big lack of talent.

I would take him based on his ability alone but then I’m desperate for a new DM/CM or two.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

He is a brat, not necessarely a prick, he won't turn his teammates against him or anything like that but he might give the board or the manager a tough time if he feels
-he's not getting the playtime he deserves
-he is played in a position where he doesn't want to play (Defensive Midfield)
-he wants a better salary

1 is what happened with France, 2 and 3 is what happened at PSG.

Still, a player of his quality on a free is always welcome.

youmeletsfly

Everything he has done reeks of being spoiled, you must not follow his behavior very closely to not even get a whiff of it. Also, his mother is an extension of him, she is not acting solely on her own there.

And it's wrong to assume he wasn't considered seriously, he got his chances to play for the NT and simply didn't impress. He's not this extraordinary talent that you will just stick through the bad performances when there's a ton of other talented players that deserve a chance to see if they can succeed at the NT or not. He had his chance, didn't take it, was given a chance to be in the reserve and felt insulted by it. That's right down the check list, first-ballot hall of fame spoiled brat. But again, he could grow up from all of this and if I had a solid culture at my club and was in need of a CM, I would take a shot at him if he calms down a bit on his wage demands and just demands overall.
You might be right you might be not. The kid is a good player, attitude be it good or bad can alwaya be changes by certain factors in life, be it growing up or being in a more serious environment or anything else.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He is a brat, not necessarely a prick, he won't turn his teammates against him or anything like that but he might give the board or the manager a tough time if he feels
-he's not getting the playtime he deserves
-he is played in a position where he doesn't want to play (Defensive Midfield)
-he wants a better salary

1 is what happened with France, 2 and 3 is what happened at PSG.

Still, a player of his quality on a free is always welcome.
He will call them out if they're shit though, I don't mind that though myself

The UTD Way

Tell me which clubs do this again and with which players?
Tottenham, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Dortmund, Athletico Madrid.

That’s just to my knowledge, I have a friend who’s father works for an agency business. These clubs have had this for a while, Levy jumped onto it with spurs a few years back knowing the stadium would be a drain on resources etc...

Clever and controlling way of doing business from the clubs point of view. They always have a handle on wages and don’t get players crying like we have with a 20-25% drop for no champions league. The basic salary would of been the same just bonuses at the end of the year not paid/or paid depending on achievements in the league and various cups.

Cliche Guevara

Tottenham, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Dortmund, Athletico Madrid.

That’s just to my knowledge, I have a friend who’s father works for an agency business. These clubs have had this for a while, Levy jumped onto it with spurs a few years back knowing the stadium would be a drain on resources etc...

Clever and controlling way of doing business from the clubs point of view. They always have a handle on wages and don’t get players crying like we have with a 20-25% drop for no champions league. The basic salary would of been the same just bonuses at the end of the year not paid/or paid depending on achievements in the league and various cups.
So all the hipster favourites then?

Yeah, this is made up.

johanovic

Lot of people claiming Rabiot is bad in almost every way but those who have seen him play know that he is a very talented player . But one thing some forget is that PSG is not excactly a normal football club. They went so far despite offering Rabiot a very low contract that he declined to state that he should be grateful, take it and then PSG tried to brake him when he did not cave. We once got a French player that many stated was damaged also but he did turn out ok. Perhaps Rabiot would flourish after getting out from a club that everyone willing to see is everthing a football club should not be to put it mildly.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Lot of people claiming Rabiot is bad in almost every way but those who have seen him play know that he is a very talented player . But one thing some forget is that PSG is not excactly a normal football club. They went so far despite offering Rabiot a very low contract that he declined to state that he should be grateful, take it and then PSG tried to brake him when he did not cave. We once got a French player that many stated was damaged also but he did turn out ok. Perhaps Rabiot would flourish after getting out from a club that everyone willing to see is everthing a football club should not be to put it mildly.
PSG is not a normal club at all but, I think he has benefited from that. Any of the truly elite clubs would have been tired of his and his mom's nonsense a long time ago.

Champagne Football

Difference between Cantona and Rabiot is that one was a team leader who did the dirty work also. Rabiot's determination to track back has seriously come into question despite being a phenomenally gifted player. I just can't see Ole taking a risk on a player with question marks over his work rate.

KennyBurner

If Ole manages to secure this guy I might just start believing again. We might have a lot of players leaving this summer with herrera as a start. We need to find value in the market and Rabiot is the absolute definition of it. I really couldn't care if he has an attitude problem to be honest. At this point we need the quality and thats all there is to it.

Mani

If Ole manages to secure this guy I might just start believing again. We might have a lot of players leaving this summer with herrera as a start. We need to find value in the market and Rabiot is the absolute definition of it. I really couldn't care if he has an attitude problem to be honest. At this point we need the quality and thats all there is to it.
He might be the player we need but as a individual no would had further problem plus the wage demand which could be high since he’s coming on free,the problem similar to what we are facing currently with signing Sanchez,not that I’m saying he would demand similar wage demand as Sanchez but something close by that which would lead the unbalanced wage structure and rest of the player would demand the same or close by that better we look at Tielemans who look level headed,PL proven and wouldn’t cost much.

ManRed

Let's be smart this time and NOT get the guy who looks a problem. We've been here before...
Thats a very simplistic way to look at things. I can name another Frenchman who was big trouble wherever he played but was catalyst in building the great Manutd side.

Mani

Thats a very simplistic way to look at things. I can name another Frenchman who was big trouble wherever he played but was catalyst in building the great Manutd side.
But we don’t have SAF here to manage.

Rozski

I’m confused by how so many are separating “talent” and “attitude” in this thread. They both affect the performance in the pitch equally so for people to say that even if he has a terrible attitude that he’s too talented to pass up on a free seems silly. Talent is worthless if a player isn’t willing to apply themselves on the pitch. Pogba at his worst is a great example of this.

Bojan11

Rabiot has half the talent that Cantona had. Cantona showed at Leeds how talented he was hence why we took a punt on him.

KennyBurner

He might be the player we need but as a individual no would had further problem plus the wage demand which could be high since he’s coming on free,the problem similar to what we are facing currently with signing Sanchez,not that I’m saying he would demand similar wage demand as Sanchez but something close by that which would lead the unbalanced wage structure and rest of the player would demand the same or close by that better we look at Tielemans who look level headed,PL proven and wouldn’t cost much.
Im not very keen at all on tielemans plus he isn't premier league proven at all. My reasoning here is rabiot fills a very important position in our team were we tend to struggle which is defensive midfield. Pogba basically plays the same position as tieleman.

About wage structure I dont think its really a problem because we bring in so much revenue that it hardly affects the stupid amount of wages some of our players are on. Im also hoping we get rid of sanchez. he is the main reason why our other star players wont settle for realistic wages.

Mani

Im not very keen at all on tielemans plus he isn't premier league proven at all. My reasoning here is rabiot fills a very important position in our team were we tend to struggle which is defensive midfield. Pogba basically plays the same position as tieleman.

About wage structure I dont think its really a problem because we bring in so much revenue that it hardly affects the stupid amount of wages some of our players are on. Im also hoping we get rid of sanchez. he is the main reason why our other star players wont settle for realistic wages.
Tielemans already done a good job with the current Leicester side and he’s replacement for Herrera and not clashing with Pogba position and Rabiot likes to play in advance position and never going to sit in front of defence for Pogba to move free.
What do you think of Rabiot wage demand in case he decides to join us for free?

Kostov

I was all for signing this guy, but how things have turned out in the last part of the season, makes me feel that this is not the best of ideas. We have assembled a team who is lacking of leaders and maturity, and adding this kid would make eve more problems and Ole is yet to show how will he deal with this bunch. He is a good player but I've changed my mind on bringing in Rabiot.

KennyBurner

Tielemans already done a good job with the current Leicester side and he’s replacement for Herrera and not clashing with Pogba position and Rabiot likes to play in advance position and never going to sit in front of defence for Pogba to move free.
What do you think of Rabiot wage demand in case he decides to join us for free?
I really don’t mind an enormous package because like I said we don’t have a wage structure problem like arsenal do. We are very healthy financially. All we need at this moment is value in the transfer market because we can’t keep buying overpriced players like Fred when we can get them for free.

Rocknrolla69er

Just been reading a good article on him, alot of french reporters and people who have worked with him say hes quite humble and determined, sounds like his mothers very headstrong and her battle axe personality and wanting her own way in the interest of her son , do resonate badly on Rabiot personally.

This transfer makes alot of sense , with no fee being involved and the pedigree of Rabiot, do not doubt his technical ability and quality as hes in my eyes better than Herrera, my only concern is his workrate, if he comes in and works his arse off great, if he comes in and shuns working hard we have another Pogba situation on our hands

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
As long as it's not for crazy wages.

.....it's gonna be crazy wages, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.