g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

AFCON 2023 / 2024

the_cliff

He never looks overly arsed on international duty. Looks like every game is a champions League final for Liverpool.
I disagree. He's carried Egypt to 2 afcon finals. Problem with Egypt is if Salah doesn't score no one else does...

The worst 2 mins for Egypt here, Salah gone and a brilliant goal from Kudus. If Egypt lose this I think they'll crash out in the group stage.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I disagree. He's carried Egypt to 2 afcon finals. Problem with Egypt is if Salah doesn't score no one else does...

The worst 2 mins for Egypt here, Salah gone and a brilliant goal from Kudus. If Egypt lose this I think they'll crash out in the group stage.
Almost guaranteed whoever loses this won't make it through I think, thought it would be a spicy game with some mad tackles

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Agreed, and yet I still feel the team is being held back by coaching

This is the preamble for a rant about how African football is the playground for wannabe coaches who have either failed in Europe and get roles based on their nationality, or are local favorites of the president/football authority, and as a result the average level of football on the continent resembles a cover band of Otto's 2004 Greece
Yeah they've basically said Peseiro would've been sacked by now if not for the pay off being too much.

I always feel Nigeria is a bit of a poisoned chalice job given it's a squad packed with so many forward options yet the quality in defence and midfield is below par compared to 20 years ago.

Disaster if they don't make the world cup with the extra 4-5 places on offer.

Wilt

Kudus scores ….well done Ten Hag chosing to ignore Kudus ….buying Antony for shit loads more

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah they've basically said Peseiro would've been sacked by now if not for the pay off being too much.

I always feel Nigeria is a bit of a poisoned chalice job given it's a squad packed with so many forward options yet the quality in defence and midfield is below par compared to 20 years ago.

Disaster if they don't make the world cup with the extra 4-5 places on offer.
Nigeria's olympic team of 1996 was truly incredible

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I thought Onana was Cameronian, not Egyptian

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hughton won't make the third game at this rate. :lol:

Chronic game management from Ghana. Have to admire Egypt's resilience.

Santos J

What the feck has happened it was 1-0 I went for a shite and now it's 2-2 :lol:

el3mel

Don't want to admit it, but it does seem we're playing better without Salah alright. Quicker football transition.

rooney2009

I’m loving this tournament
Long may it continue
A welcome break from the rubbish ETH has been serving us this season

MrWilliams

Still way too early but surely the group stages of this AFCON have had the most goals of the past 3-4 editions

el3mel

Good result all things considered. Need a win in last game which isn't gonna be easy though.

the_cliff

Don't want to admit it, but it does seem we're playing better without Salah alright. Quicker football transition.
It does seem more natural, your players try to force it to him when he's on the pitch but that is understandable. Marmoush looks a good player.

The last matchday for this group will be interesting. Ghana and Egypt must both win their final games.

el3mel

It does seem more natural, your players try to force it to him when he's on the pitch but that is understandable. Marmoush looks a good player.

The last matchday for this group will be interesting. Ghana and Egypt must both win their final games.
Marmoush and Trezeguet turned the game on for us. Both played a great 2nd half and forced the goals through some great pressure on Ghana defenders.

Could have won if not for the GK and defense silly mistakes.

Supports
Barcelona
And please send El Nenny home. I don't know why he's a football player!

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
Even Salahs had enough. Tbf if I was in his shoes I’d want to go out as quickly as possible and help my team try and win a league.
We get it you are not enjoying the tournament. Why are you watching to complain? Why are you here????? Just bore off.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We get it you are not enjoying the tournament. Why are you watching to complain? Why are you here????? Just bore off.
Your right I’m not… but you’ve commented on the wrong one of my post to suggest that :lol: … not one part of that was saying it’s boring etc. that was about Salah.

Supports
Chelsea
Horrific defending in the second half. Both of their goals were handed to them but Egypt's no.18 looked very lively, and the whole team seemed to play with much more freedom.

el3mel

Horrific defending in the second half. Both of their goals were handed to them but Egypt's no.18 looked very lively, and the whole team seemed to play with much more freedom.
It wasn't handed. We pressed them and forced the mistakes.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Bebe the beast is playing.

Also these attackers for Cape Verde don't understand they can pass to each other. All wanting the glory for themselves