Alejandro Garnacho | 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Miller

Watched this game. Fun fact: Mascherano is the Argentina manager. France is disproportionately superior. But Garnacho did his things anyway. Messi-esque freekick.
Edit: lets keep an eye on all those french wingers there, because they will cost 80 million soon.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
He could be just what we need to finish next season with a positive goal difference.
aye. finishing the season +1 after a final day 1-6 loss to notts forest is the stuff dreams are made of.

mattunited1978

doommonger
The france starting 11 were significantly older across the board than Argentinas, Garnacho at 17 was up against a team of 19 and 20 yearolds, credit to him.

Grande

Haven’t seen the games, but as I understand he got a goal and assist to clinch 5th place against Japan tonight. That gives four goals and two assists in four games against mainly older opponents, which is well done at Toulon.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I just feel, maybe he could be like our new forward (WF) singing for next season, if we have enough faith on him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Not sure that kind of pressure would be good for him.
Why need to over-protect our youngster?

Barca start playing Pedri (18) and Gavi (17) regularly at similar age too. No need to over protect them too much, if they are good enough.

Garnacho will be 18 this summer, he has 5 goals in 4 games for Argentina u20, he is our young player of the year and the best player in FA youth cup. He is definitely head and shoulder above other players at similar age, I think he is ready for next step up.

Last edited:

Bwuk

I just feel, maybe he could be like our new forward (WF) singing for next season, if we have enough faith on him.
I think if he played on the right there’s be a strong chance he’d take that spot this season.

However much more competition off the left.

Bwuk

Why need to over-protect our youngster?

Barca start playing Pedri (18) and Gavi (17) regularly at similar age too. No need to over protect them too much, if they are good enough.

Garnacho will be 18 this summer, he is ready.
Agreed.

I don’t understand the hesitancy to give the likes of Hannibal a shot either. They can’t be worse than what we’ve got.

LARulz

If Liverpool take him from us then that just shows how far below we are in the football stakes now

Mainoldo

Okay can we start acting like a big club again. Pool signing our players. Come on now.

Mainoldo

The tweet is from some NFT creator who is a Liverpool fan. Maybe don't just believe everything you read.
I didn’t. Which is why I said come on now. Was just playing up to the tweet.

I mean they I’d also start believe we are after Danny Ings and The Ox.

BristolRuss

Has he signed a new deal recently then? I thought he was out of contract soon.
He signed his first professional contract until 2025 last July when he turned 17. The club are looking to give him a new one after his breakout season, but he still has 3 years left on his current one so there is no danger of Liverpool poaching him ala Pogba. The person from that tweet should probably go on the blacklist tbh because they clearly don't know much.

Santos J

He signed his first professional contract until 2025 last July when he turned 17. The club are looking to give him a new one after his breakout season, but he still has 3 years left on his current one so there is no danger of Liverpool poaching him ala Pogba. The person from that tweet should probably go on the blacklist tbh because they clearly don't know much.
You can't sign a 17 year old to a 4 year deal so can't be 2025

BristolRuss

You can't sign a 17 year old to a 4 year deal so can't be 2025
Mirror
"Garnacho only signed his first professional contract in July – and that deal runs until June 2025 – but his development in the 2021/22 season has already changed United’s thinking."

M.E.N
"Garnacho only signed his first professional contract when he turned 17 last July by penning a deal until 2025, despite recent reports wrongly suggesting he was out of contract next year."

Metro
"His current contract runs until 2025 but Juventus hold an interest in the winger and United are keen to tie him down to a new deal."

There are more including the Sun but I won't link that rag. Maybe it was a 3+1 or something, but most places agree he has a contract until 2025.

Santos J

Mirror
"Garnacho only signed his first professional contract in July – and that deal runs until June 2025 – but his development in the 2021/22 season has already changed United’s thinking."

M.E.N
"Garnacho only signed his first professional contract when he turned 17 last July by penning a deal until 2025, despite recent reports wrongly suggesting he was out of contract next year."

Metro
"His current contract runs until 2025 but Juventus hold an interest in the winger and United are keen to tie him down to a new deal."

There are more including the Sun but I won't link that rag. Maybe it was a 3+1 or something, but most places agree he has a contract until 2025.
They don't all agree, they're all just quoting the M.E.N. A 3+1 would still be classed as a 4 year deal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We've probably agreed a 1 year plus 3 more once he turns 18 deal.

It might not be officially 4 years that would be illegal at a younger age. Anyway, he isn't going anywhere.

OmarUnited4ever

Mirror

M.E.N

Metro

The poster you quoted is correct.

A 17yo player can't sign a long term professional contract with any club, the FIFA rules state that 17 yo players can only sign contracts that are not longer than 3 seasons, basically less than 3 years, so Garnacho could not have signed a professional contract in July 2021, until 2025, at most it's until end of 2023 or early 2024, if such contract was signed.

Garnacho turns 18 on 1st July 2022, so he will be eligible to sign a long term deal with the club, or any other club, hence why the club (MUFC) is working in getting him tied to a new long term deal.

OmarUnited4ever

They don't all agree, they're all just quoting the M.E.N. A 3+1 would still be classed as a 4 year deal.
You are correct actually, I remember a read an article about young English players leaving EPL like Sancho, where PL clubs weren't happy that FIFA rules dictates that a player can only sign a professional contract after 17th birthday, and that first professional contract can't be longer than 3 seasons, only after the player's 18th birthday can the club offer a long term contracts.

In Garnacho's case, he turns 18 on 1st July 2022, so if he sighed any professional contract, it can't be more than 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.