Alejandro Garnacho | 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

Clearly a level above most on the pitch. Felt like he was pretty greedy at times but it’s not unusual at that age when you know you’re the best on the pitch. Ralf should just throw him in against Palace and give the place a lift.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Clearly a level above most on the pitch. Felt like he was pretty greedy at times but it’s not unusual at that age when you know you’re the best on the pitch. Ralf should just throw him in against Palace and give the place a lift.
You think so? I thought overall he could have stood out more. He was good in moments. Talent is there but he's not quite ready yet for me.

SAF is the GOAT

Really think that we should balance and ground him.

We don't him to be as egotistical in front of goal like #11 and not ever pass the ball.

Dan_F

You think so? I thought overall he could have stood out more. He was good in moments. Talent is there but he's not quite ready yet for me.
Yeah it was in flashes rather than a sustained level, but I felt like his control and speed on the ball was better than anyone else on the pitch was capable of. Not sure it was his fault that we played pretty poorly as a unit.

I’d still throw him in as a reward for essentially winning the game.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We need to start several of these lads in the palace game .
Hope we give him a start.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The kids a star in the making. Difficult game for us tonight. Forrest were just a bigger more developed side but the talent came through in the end

RuudTom83

No one particularly stood out tonight on either side, but what I did like was how well Garnacho coped with the occasion and enjoy the added pressure of taking the penalty.

Bright future ahead but lets not get carried away yet.

Dempsey19

Pretty sure we've said "this player is going to be a star" about about 50 academy players at this stage.

Nothing has come out of any of them other than Rashford and Greenwood.Rashford has forgot how to play football and Greenwood won't play for us again.

I like Garnacho so it be nice if he could make it.

Woodzy

Pretty sure we've said "this player is going to be a star" about about 50 academy players at this stage.

Nothing has come out of any of them other than Rashford and Greenwood.Rashford has forgot how to play football and Greenwood won't play for us again.

I like Garnacho so it be nice if he could make it.
Pogba is a World Cup winner so we shouldn’t say he didn’t make it despite him being poor for us.

Plenty of our academy players have had decent PL careers (although obviously that hardly makes them a ‘star’).

Obviously though there have been many overhyped duds in recent years. Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah, Chong, Gomes etc.

Bwuk

I think he’s a cert to make it at the very top. Depending on who we sign, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s starting regularly next season.

He’s got a much much higher ceiling than Elanga.

Marwood

I think he’s a cert to make it at the very top. Depending on who we sign, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s starting regularly next season.

He’s got a much much higher ceiling than Elanga.
I'd be amazed if he's starting next season. .

Yeah pace and a good engine can be put to use but I don't think he's anywhere near ready.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Interesting to see his body language with the rest of the group. Spent much of the celebrations on his own with his flag or in the crowd with friends and family.

Thought he had a mixed game. Was very much on the peripheries and needed to be fed, rather than shaping the game to his will. The penalty was a terrible call by the referee and his 2nd goal had a good deal of fortune too. I imagine he will start or get some good minutes versus Palace, but I don’t see much there to work with this season with the current senior players. We don’t need more low workrate players.

Bwuk

Yeah pace and a good engine can be put to use but I don't think he's anywhere near ready.
He’s going to bang goals in for someone.

Its the confidence, almost arrogance he has about him. I think out of any of the current crop of youth (Hannibal, Garner, Shoretire etc) he has confortably the highest ceiling.

Marwood

He’s going to bang goals in for someone.

Its the confidence, almost arrogance he has about him. I think out of any of the current crop of youth (Hannibal, Garner, Shoretire etc) he has confortably the highest ceiling.
Agree he's confident and that's really important but I'm not as sure as yourself.

His decision making alone would stop him being in the first team I think.

But who knows and a summer can make a big difference to a player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Agreed. He's a good player but I don't think he's anywhere near ready. I also don't think he's got a higher ceiling than one or two others, even if I do think he's a very good player.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Having watched him this season, I wouldn’t say he’s necessarily one if the technically elite young stars that I’ve seen. Doesn’t mean he can’t be a top player. Reminds me more of Bale than anything else, he has a great attitude, raw power and a hunger for goals. He’s not as gifted as someone like Amad for me, which may or may not become an issue as he steps up. As it has been more exposed with Elanga.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Interesting to see his body language with the rest of the group. Spent much of the celebrations on his own with his flag or in the crowd with friends and family.

Thought he had a mixed game. Was very much on the peripheries and needed to be fed, rather than shaping the game to his will. The penalty was a terrible call by the referee and his 2nd goal had a good deal of fortune too. I imagine he will start or get some good minutes versus Palace, but I don’t see much there to work with this season with the current senior players. We don’t need more low workrate players.
No its not interesting at all. He is 17 and behaves like one.

Also he works very hard in other academy games that i have watched him play. Sometimes players get instructions to stay up for counter attack.

Remember the geese

Having watched him this season, I wouldn’t say he’s necessarily one if the technically elite young stars that I’ve seen. Doesn’t mean he can’t be a top player. Reminds me more of Bale than anything else, he has a great attitude, raw power and a hunger for goals. He’s not as gifted as someone like Amad for me, which may or may not become an issue as he steps up. As it has been more exposed with Elanga.
Yeah he's very direct, which is in contrast to Amad who is a lot more Sancho like. It will be interesting to see how he develops. If everything goes perfectly for him, he could develop into the prototypical Klopp style forward.

jeff_goldblum

Looked to me like a player who is very aware that he's one of the best at his level. In that situation it's sort of to be expected that a young lad will be a bit ball-greedy and at this level that's fine as long as it pays off. I guess the test is whether he can adapt to playing a more peripheral role, playing alongside and against established professionals in an environment when results are everything.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Hopefully he gets 10-15 mins off the bench against Palace rather than 2-3 to show what he can do. No need to start him though, Palace are a big, physical team, no point ruining his confidence by throwing him in.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

The penalty was a terrible call but I'd have been staggered if he'd have missed the 1 on 1 the challenge prevented. He's not a low work rate player at all, he's an incredibly hard worker, the whole front 6 of that team is and one of the big reasons they're so highly regarded. In one of his recent games against Everton he made an 70 yard sprint in the 88th minute to score a solo goal.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don't know why we don't play him more this season, even when we have absolutely shite players ahead of him.

I know he is only 17, but if he is good enough he is old enough.

Barca has played Gavi 43 times this season in La Liga, CL and Europa league. He is only 17 too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah he's very direct, which is in contrast to Amad who is a lot more Sancho like. It will be interesting to see how he develops. If everything goes perfectly for him, he could develop into the prototypical Klopp style forward.
Quite an apt assessment I think.

Bwuk

I don't know why we don't play him more this season, even when we have absolutely shite players ahead of him.

I know he is only 17, but if he is good enough he is old enough.

Barca has played Gavi 43 times this season in La Liga, CL and Europa league. He is only 17 too.
Agreed. The options ahead of him have all been sh*te generally too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Having Cristiano as your role model and having him at the club must be great.

If anything he sees how hard he works and knows exactly what he needs to do to reach the top. I hope he always remembers that.

I love the kids confidence and swagger. Doing the Sui celebration infront of 60k at Old Trafford, you've got to have balls for that right?

MrBest

I think this is very harsh considering he is a child and at the beginning of his career. He won us the game in the final, luck or not, penalty or not, he still has to be in the position to covert it. Definitely deserves minutes against Palace as you said and I personally wouldn't worry about workmate, this game is a nothing anyway.

MDFC Manager

He's not a low work rate player at all, he's an incredibly hard worker, the whole front 6 of that team is and one of the big reasons they're so highly regarded.
I only watch bits and pieces of the U18 team but what you said is absolutely correct. All the forwards including Garnacho work so incredibly hard. Night and day and compared to the senior team especially

Status
Not open for further replies.