Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Signed Pellistri & Amad in one window just to watch Garnacho tearing it... :lol:

Early to say but he's the type pushing opponents to do mistakes in possession and he definitely did more than that today. He simply got the engine.
Amad, Pellistri and Garnacho were signed in the same window and the same month.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Was excellent tonight, got a standing ovation when he went off which can’t happen often on your first full team debut.

Guapa

Great performance tonight from the kid.Fearless with end product.Brilliant.

kunal18

I think he has a lot in his locker, needs to be properly nurtured.
Good to see Shaw pointing him to get to the touchline instead of standing inside close to the defender.
He'll learn those tactical stuff.His fast close dribbling style will cause defenders lot of problems.

MrEleson

More direct and physical than Sancho. Also plays with more urgency.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Very good performance, he's raw but there seems to be a little Ronaldo in there.

Would like to see more of him as the season goes on.
agreed. clocked him heading into the tunnel at full time.

criticalanalysis

That post amazed me. The fact that you can type out your message on here, read it back to yourself and still send out a message that is akin to a dumbass instinctive shout from the terraces is unreal.
The match day thread never ceases to shock me even when I expect super reactionary posts.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
This! I’m bricking it with regards to his contract
Him playing over Elanga is hopefully a good sign that EtH has him as the first rotation option after Rashford/Sancho/Martial on that left side.

Kag

I like him. Fast, knows how to get past players and run with the ball, direct... But I wouldn't say he's anything more than like... A 7/10 talent. If we're saying someone like Greenwood was a worldie talent, 10/10, others like Ravel, Pogba, Januzaj, Martial, Rossi, Rashford etc all well clear of Garnacho as an 18 year old talent. Obviously given how many youth players have flopped here that doesn't mean shit, but more saying it like "let's not get ahead of ourselves". He's not a cert to make it, and I'd say he's got a long way to go to actually being a proper first team player. Though there is enough talent to mix with the pace and attitude that a top class player might develop there one day. Maybe someone like Martinelli would be a good shout for him to look to copy.
I actually agree with this, but there’s a ruggedness to his game that I think will be well suited to senior football. At the risk of making comparisons based upon nationality alone, there’s a bit of Tevez to his game.

Thiagoal

Why do we still have all this worry about his contract? He signed a deal until 2025 when he turned 17 like most of our young talents!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I actually agree with this, but there’s a ruggedness to his game that I think will be well suited to senior football. At the risk of making comparisons based upon nationality alone, there’s a bit of Tevez to his game.
Yeah i agree. Has the aggressiveness that Januzaj lacked for example. No idea what his mentality is like off the pitch, not great that Ten Hag wasn't happy with his attitude at the start (an 18 year old under a new manager at Man United coming from the reserves really shouldn't be having attitude problems), but hopefully it was nothing big.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
He’s slight in size but strong in possession and has a low center of gravity so hard for opponents to dispossess without fouling. Good debut.

The Purley King

Very promising and against a team sitting very deep as well.
Hopefully he’ll back himself more to take defenders on 1 vs 1 a bit more in future games because he has the ability to do it.
He is stronger than he looks as well.
If I was sancho I’d be worried about him, if garnacho starts playing like that when he gets his chances then sancho is the one that will miss out.

Marwood

You know I thought it was me but when you watch the clips of us training the club release he does stick out. I wasn't particularly paying attention to him but he caughty my eye.

They're usually 5 minute things so I don't put much stock in it but he looks barely arsed in training.

the_cliff

If it's true ETH is happier with him in terms of attitude and application in training then I reckon we've finally got an option off the bench that can help break down teams.

Definitely a positive performance from him today, although I do feel his overall performance was overrated by a few posters on here, wasn't amazing but he showed more than Elanga for example.

Valencia Shin Crosses

You’re basing that entirely in the goals which isn’t entirely unfair but he really didn’t offer much outside of that. He scored with basically his first 4 touches in the team. Overall he wasn’t that great.
Yeah he was pretty poor in his overall game for a few years until the managers realized he wasn't a striker. But became an instant star because of his back to back braces in a single week.

phelans shorts

This is good management. Is he good enough to become a top player? He just might be if he’s already getting into the Argentina squad. We may just have found ourselves a total bargain here.
The Argentine squad is a misnomer. That squad was just littered with teenagers with dual nationalities in the hopes they convince one good one to play for them.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He looks like the spanish Brandon Williams. Also play like Williams on his early games: full of energy, pace, with no fear approach.

SirAF

Ageist
Why do we still have all this worry about his contract? He signed a deal until 2025 when he turned 17 like most of our young talents!
According to Transfermarkt his deal is up in June 2023. Are there any verified information about 2025?

Grande

Yeah i agree. Has the aggressiveness that Januzaj lacked for example. No idea what his mentality is like off the pitch, not great that Ten Hag wasn't happy with his attitude at the start (an 18 year old under a new manager at Man United coming from the reserves really shouldn't be having attitude problems), but hopefully it was nothing big.
True. Then again, it could also be a question of a youngster just failing to read the room right. Someone tells him, be yourself, relax, enjoy the football, but Ten Hag comes in amd wants to see more agression and striving for details, maybe. Who knows?

Decent enough debut for a kid.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The Argentine squad is a misnomer. That squad was just littered with teenagers with dual nationalities in the hopes they convince one good one to play for them.
I think looking back at his youth work he seems a big moments player so he’s probably got the mentality to handle it. It just depends on how he physically develops and how he’s man managed. He looks direct and fearless and he could handle the step up and sporadically create for us at this level if we need him this season. The rest of it is luck. That’s not to forget he was also one of the very best Spanish under age players we could have picked up that season.

Last edited:

The Purley King

True. Then again, it could also be a question of a youngster just failing to read the room right. Someone tells him, be yourself, relax, enjoy the football, but Ten Hag comes in amd wants to see more agression and striving for details, maybe. Who knows?

Decent enough debut for a kid.
His close control whilst dribbling at speed is exceptional from what I saw tonight.
Decision making could be better but that will come.
has all the minerals to be a top player from what he showed tonight.

footballbite

Signed Pellistri & Amad in one window just to watch Garnacho tearing it... :lol:
Amad and Pellistril both play on the right and were signed to try and help fill the lack of right winger; while Garnacho plays on the left - they're not in direct competition, so not sure why you're chuckling.

Status
Not open for further replies.