6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

I like him. Fast, knows how to get past players and run with the ball, direct... But I wouldn't say he's anything more than like... A 7/10 talent. If we're saying someone like Greenwood was a worldie talent, 10/10, others like Ravel, Pogba, Januzaj, Martial, Rossi, Rashford etc all well clear of Garnacho as an 18 year old talent. Obviously given how many youth players have flopped here that doesn't mean shit, but more saying it like "let's not get ahead of ourselves". He's not a cert to make it, and I'd say he's got a long way to go to actually being a proper first team player. Though there is enough talent to mix with the pace and attitude that a top class player might develop there one day. Maybe someone like Martinelli would be a good shout for him to look to copy.
Yeah no reason why he couldn't be a Martinelli type player when like someone above has said he develops and grows into his body

pascell

Tough crowd in here, one of the only constant dangers in attack, their full back would've had nightmares about him last night.

They were didn't know what to do with him, yes his end product is lacking but the kids 18, if his end product was precise and consistent then he wouldn't be sat on the bench.

I'm confident that if he keeps his feet on the ground and keeps learning, he'll be a star.

Kostov

He has that rare quality of managing to glue the ball to his feet even when kicked about. Great talent and should get more opportunities.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
His contract situation is fine. Move on.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Hard not to get excited, he is very fast, great dribbler, gifted technically, destroyed the fullback last night.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We missed a player like him, player who is very direct and always takes on players. He is very quick and skillful, goes both ways.

I hope he gets more chances, looks very good talented player.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Played like a (less skilful) young Ronaldo I thought. Really enjoyed his performance. Gave us a balance we often seem to lack, particularly if Rashford isn't firing.

mariko48

He is exciting. But there is a long way to go before he can start consistently at Utd.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

TheReligion

Abusive
I keep seeing people suggesting his contact expires in the summer but that’s false.

He signed his first professional contract with United last year.

His contract runs until 2025 however United are in negotiations with him to extend that on improved terms.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...hester-united-garnacho-transfer-news-24180407

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alejandro-garnacho-man-utd-contract-27195399.amp

https://www.footballtransfers.com/e...utd-talks-alejandro-garnacho-new-contract/amp
See above.

Hopefully we get him signed on a contract soon
This! I’m bricking it with regards to his contract
Why do we still have all this worry about his contract? He signed a deal until 2025 when he turned 17 like most of our young talents!
According to Transfermarkt his deal is up in June 2023. Are there any verified information about 2025?
He only signed his professional deal in July last year. Would seem weird if that was only a 2 year deal, no?
His contract is up this summer?
What's the situation with his contract?
His contract situation is fine. Move on.
Able to elaborate? I’ve seen so much chat about his contract I’m no longer sure when it does actually expire.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/20046442/man-utd-garnacho-contract/
Quotes his contract until 2025 but then the below (TransferMarkt) quotes it as ending next year so clearly some confusion
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alejandro-garnacho/profil/spieler/811779

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The comments in this thread :lol:

People are bonkers

Red Royal

Veey good full debut. He has a very good chance of making it as a regular Premier league starter either here or elsewhere.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was really happy to see Garnacho get a go last night. He started slowly but grew into the game. Thought first half he was coming off the wing too early, which led to Malacia getting in his way on the underlap. However, in the second half he varied it up and started taking people on down the outside. At that point the only thing Sheriff could do to stop him was kick him. I was praying that cut back from Bruno would hit the roof of the net off his boot. Would have been a deserved goal on a promising debut.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Refreshing to see one of our wingers not stop, turn and pass backwards or sideways every time they got the ball.

pacifictheme

I thought he was brilliant. Best full debut from a youth player since rashford that I can think of.

I know the opposition were shite but they also defended with nearly 10 players and he still managed to look dangerous. He'll play against better players in the prem but he will also get a lot more space as teams don't defend like that at all.

I would happily see him coming off the bench and provided he performs, start getting matches when the fixtures really pile up in the new year.

Thisistheone

Very promising debut. Always a joy to see players take their man on and beat them. Huge benefit to the team since Sancho or Antony won’t do that.

romufc

Very exciting to see, you could see how direct he wanted to be. Although, I assume we wont see him for a few weeks now. Probably the Villa cup game.

I was surprised to see him in the starting 11 but he looked a threat all game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nono, not judging, just an opinion on what I think he should focus on. These days we see far too many of these quick wide players who can get past their man but the ones that stand out are the ones with good decision making and end product.
Those who do tend to have not at 18. Of course he has to work on end product, he's a kid. It's more important for him right now to prove he's got the talent and mentality for the stage and keep improving in all areas. End product will come gradually if he's got that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Refreshing to see one of our wingers not stop, turn and pass backwards or sideways every time they got the ball.
Loved that he went outside and inside, keeps the defender constantly second guessing himself. Would be surprised if he doesn’t get another start very soon.

AltiUn

Very exciting to see, you could see how direct he wanted to be. Although, I assume we wont see him for a few weeks now. Probably the Villa cup game.

I was surprised to see him in the starting 11 but he looked a threat all game.
I think he’ll have some involvement against West Ham, Erik hasn’t been afraid to reward good performances this season.

hsbajwa316

Much need competion for Sancho, I think he needs to brought on in the 70th min (for games we are comfortably winning in) and bedded in like the first time we tried to integrate C. Ronaldo.
Id want him to be starting next season all being well, just shearly on how he can lift a team and fans.

Hughes35

I've not been so sure a player will make it as a very good or top player since Pogba was coming through.

Making at Utd is a different question but I've no doubt he will be a decent top division player.

Sir Erik ten Hag

I've not been so sure a player will make it as a very good or top player since Pogba was coming through.

Making at Utd is a different question but I've no doubt he will be a decent top division player.
I thought most people were pretty "sure" about Rashford and Greenwood.

AltiUn

I thought most people were pretty "sure" about Rashford and Greenwood.
Greenwood was about as sure a-thing at 16 as you're ever likely to see in football, Rashford wasn't but he was obviously talented. I don't think there was much between Garnacho and Rashford at U18 level. Like previously mentioned, Greenwood's pretty much the only player I've seen who was lightyears ahead of everyone else.

AltiUn

He's better than Sancho and should be ahead of him.
Too early for statements like this but I think he should be given the opportunity to put this opinion to the test.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
They were didn't know what to do with him, yes his end product is lacking but the kids 18, if his end product was precise and consistent then he wouldn't be sat on the bench.

I'm confident that if he keeps his feet on the ground and keeps learning, he'll be a star.
Only just turned 18 in July as well

Status
Not open for further replies.