6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

I don't get these comments, like, are we not supposed to discuss how well he did and how good he's looked?
I dont get whats not to get?

I haven't said you cant say he played well but comments about oh is he the next 7, or so.

Just enjoy him playing well now, rather than putting pressure on him.

Hoof the ball

Consider how abundantly clear it is how well both Garnacho and Antony hold width and how it helps us retain the ball and stretch out the opposition. Every other player on the wings that we currently have congest space because they simply can't hold their width, and so it never seems like they've got a second on the ball. By contrast, look how often Antony and Garnacho can be found with diagonal balls. That's not coincidence.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Consider how abundantly clear it is how well both Garnacho and Antony hold width and how it helps us retain the ball and stretch out the opposition. Every other player on the wings that we currently have congest space because they simply can't hold their width, and so it never seems like they've got a second on the ball. By contrast, look how often Antony and Garnacho can be found with diagonal balls. That's not coincidence.
Yup and leaving that job to the fullbacks has really hurt us. Relying on them to defend, stretch the pitch going forward and be wide creators game after game is unrealistic. No full back that I can see is that creative consistently. We just need our wingers to step up and create instead of playing like 3 strikers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The biggest thing he has going for him which our wonderkids the last 10 years haven't had is its a functioning team, it's a system, and we don't rely on him. We have actual quality starters and stars in front of him. He can develop naturally, compete and win his place naturally, and not just play because his competition is Andreas Pereira or Jesse Lingard, or there's just nobody there. For once, it's finally a natural process to be in the team. Go back a few years and the managers would just force him every game regardless of level, and that is a horrible way to mentally develop a player. We're not over crowded that he won't get games, but he's in the 2nd 11 which is good.

Hoof the ball

Looked like spaghetti haired Ronaldo from his first 2 seasons at United out there tonight. Frightening his fullback with pace and ability to go past him. Liked seeing the pass/cross for McTom's goal too showing he has some vision and execution to pick out teammates when it isnt that easy.
I definitely agree with your take on Spaghetti haired Ronaldo over young Giggs. His style, form, technique. The way he cushions the ball; the way he takes his first touches and his use of step overs driving forward are more reminiscent of '03 Ronaldo than '91 Giggs.

SAF is the GOAT

Saw A compilation of him on YT from the game yesterday

Every time he got the ball the fans reacted, it was beautiful to see.

supernaniskill

Saw the angle from behind of his cross to McTom, what a sight!

People will say it was only Villa but that’s the same Villa that smacked us on the weekend. Obviously home and away matters too but he’s a difference maker for sure, the vision to see that pass and the confidence to attempt it let alone pull it off, hats off to him! Hope his impressive performances continue.

mav_9me

This is the sort of player I thought we was getting with Sancho

Top prospect, he must be one of the best 18 year olds in Europe
Sancho was never like this. He is and was a different type of player. Sancho is more of a playmaker than Giggs like winger.

For the record, I am still optimistic about Sancho.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol: That haircut has gotta go in general. Garner, Garnacho, Williams. They all look like the Duke of Dork, Duane Dibley.
I genuinely don't know what I'm missing. One of these days a youtuber will reveal the long standing prank that he pulled on United's youth players.

Marwood

In terms of style he reminds me more of Blomqvist than Giggs or Ronaldo.

Red Rash

Should be given much more regular game time from now on. Considering Ronaldo could leave and Martial seems a bit injury prone we will probably see Garnacho on the left and Rashford up front a fair bit. Garnacho is also a great option to bring on for 20 minutes in a game where we need a goal.

The Irish Connection

Lets not get too carried away. We have seen youngsters come give us a couple good performances.

Let him do his thing, he played well and looked a threat but we need to let him develop.
Exactly. Elanga had some good games at the start and now people are saying he’s rubbish.
Patience!

macheda14

I get the concern behind the tweet, but a bit daft, as he owes it to no one apart to himself and his partner to have a "beautiful" relationship.
Yeh I mean this tweet is saying ‘please don’t abuse her, for us’. Maybe just maybe all relationships should be ‘beautiful’ for the sake of the people involved.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Not in the Argentina squad.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Him getting in the squad would be the shocker.
Yeah it’s just ten Hag did briefly mention the possibility last night and seemed a bit wary of it.

Remember the geese

I think ten Hag will be happy with this news. He may have even had a word with the Argentine manager. In my view, Argentina are missing a trick. Garnacho is the perfect archetypal 'wildcard option' and can change a game in an instant with his pace and directness. Last night being a prime example of the damage he can cause.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Sancho was never like this. He is and was a different type of player. Sancho is more of a playmaker than Giggs like winger.

Maybe ETH should consider Sancho to be like Silva. Free roaming midfield/attacker behind the main striker. I think he might strive in that role.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Maybe ETH should consider Sancho to be like Silva. Free roaming midfield/attacker behind the main striker. I think he might strive in that role.
That's exactly what I think Sancho is. Basically Silva/Mata style playmaker that's excellent with the ball. I think he'd thrive playing behind the striker and being allowed to float in the half space

Castia

I guess I didn't watch him enough at Dortmund but all compilations/clips I was seeing at the time was of Sancho rinsing 2 players and creating an assist

He looks like the slowest player on earth here at United and rarely attempts to even beat his man

mav_9me

I guess I didn't watch him enough at Dortmund but all compilations/clips I was seeing at the time was of Sancho rinsing 2 players and creating an assist

He looks like the slowest player on earth here at United and rarely attempts to even beat his man
Yes Sancho can beat a player or two but that's not done with pace, more with dribbling, close control and closer to the box, hence he is not a flying down the wing type winger.

He hasn't shown for us even 10% of what he did for BvB. Here he has been exactly what you say, slow and not taking on his defender. Not sure why, confidence?laziness? Who knows. All I know is he has the talent to be as good as Mata was for Chelsea. The application part is what I am not sure of.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The biggest thing he has going for him which our wonderkids the last 10 years haven't had is its a functioning team, it's a system, and we don't rely on him. We have actual quality starters and stars in front of him. He can develop naturally, compete and win his place naturally, and not just play because his competition is Andreas Pereira or Jesse Lingard, or there's just nobody there. For once, it's finally a natural process to be in the team. Go back a few years and the managers would just force him every game regardless of level, and that is a horrible way to mentally develop a player. We're not over crowded that he won't get games, but he's in the 2nd 11 which is good.
Yep I think this is important.

In the past we would have already made him first choice on the team sheet, thrown him under the spotlight and expected to win us matches alone.

Right now he's got plenty of competition, we can afford to keep him back and give him cameos, random starts here and there against picked opposition until he's completely ready for it.

It's tempting as he's the new fresh fancy toy to start him every game, but it might not work out. I do think though Garnacho is special. The way he's handled the step up is extremely impressive, he just doesn't look daunted at all.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yep I think this is important.

In the past we would have already made him first choice on the team sheet, thrown him under the spotlight and expected to win us matches alone.

Right now he's got plenty of competition, we can afford to keep him back and give him cameos, random starts here and there against picked opposition until he's completely ready for it.

It's tempting as he's the new fresh fancy toy to start him every game, but it might not work out. I do think though Garnacho is special. The way he's handled the step up is extremely impressive, he just doesn't look daunted at all.
Yeah he has to actually work his way ahead of Rashford/Sancho/Antony and compete with them on a weekly basis pretty much. Look at how Januzaj flared out, or so many youngsters just thinking they made it and then fail to progress because they're stars right away. I don't see that happening with him as he'll always have Rashford, Antony and Sancho to compete with. Hell of a group of 4 to have long term if he keeps this up

Status
Not open for further replies.