6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesblonde

He didn't make the Argentinian final 26-person squad. He was in the last 28, but cruelly cut.
I imagine he's gutted.

IFC 1905

He didn't make the Argentinian final 26-person squad. He was in the last 28, but cruelly cut.
I imagine he's gutted.

Well he gave a like to a tweet that said something like "both Correas out, 26. Dybala? haha!, 25. Lo Celso, broken, 24. Garnacho in, 25. There's still one place, you're welcome." and then erased it, but it went through the argentina press quickly.

I guess he shoul'd have added "Factos" as a comment if he's following his idol even in these kind of behaviors. That goes against his NT teammates and I guess this kid needs to correct himself in certain attitudes, he's still a nobody but a good project.

the_cliff

Well he gave a like to a tweet that said something like "both Correas out, 26. Dybala? haha!, 25. Lo Celso, broken, 24. Garnacho in, 25. There's still one place, you're welcome." and then erased it, but it went through the argentina press quickly.

I guess he shoul'd have added "Factos" as a comment if he's following his idol even in these kind of behaviors. That goes against his NT teammates and I guess this kid needs to correct himself in certain attitudes, he's still a nobody but a good project.
He's young, he'll learn. I think it's better for him to not make the Argentina squad anyway at this point in time. Argentina is one of the biggest and best footballing countries, you shouldn't be called up unless you're a regular for your team.

Brazil took Martinelli once he became a regular, I'm sure if Garnacho played as much and as well as Martinelli he'd be on the plane.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's a good thing.
  1. Less chance of him getting injured
  2. Less chance of him being relied on by the entire nation, fecks something up like a penalty and returns to the club a broken man
  3. Less chance of other clubs wanting his signature if he does really well
  4. Keeps him humble and wanting to improve more
He's 18. I'd rather him become a star with us than with his NT. Preferably after we extended his contract first.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I dont think he deserved the call up anyway. He just had 2 starts and he isn't going to play anyway.

IFC 1905

He's young, he'll learn. I think it's better for him to not make the Argentina squad anyway at this point in time. Argentina is one of the biggest and best footballing countries, you shouldn't be called up unless you're a regular for your team.

Brazil took Martinelli once he became a regular, I'm sure if Garnacho played as much and as well as Martinelli he'd be on the plane.

I'm pretty sure the big guys will make him learn, in a good way. Of course he shouldn't go, it should be step by step. And as I said here previously, I'm not sure he's 100% sure to play for Argentina. I think Scaloni has that in his mind and it's too early for him to pick a side, maybe he regrets in the future, he has plenty of time.

Ole'sattheWheel

Didn't think it was possible to have even more man love for Martinez but I've found some
You beat me to it. Martinez is genuinely my favourite post-fergie player and he's only been here like what, 3 months?

All those tweets by the way are seriously good news. I haven't been this excited about a youth player literally ever in all my time as a United fan.

AndyMUFC

What a talent. It's not the worst thing in the world him not being called up yet,

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The fact he believes in himself enough to think he SHOULD be in the world cup squad is a great mindset IMO.

Players need to have that self belief. In the modern day you really need to have that arrogance that when the criticism arrives it cannot shake you.

I think that attitude is another reason why he's taken to the top level like a duck to water. He's not phased by it, to him it's where he belongs.

He's not assisting Ronaldo, Ronaldo is assisting him :drool:

Red Rash

Shame for Garnacho but the WC came too early for him, if it was in the summer and he had another 6 months of PL experience he maybe would have made it. Hopefully this will also incentivise him to keep working hard over the next few years to make future WCs.

From a selfish perspective as a United fan I think it's better for him to stay back with ETH and keep developing.

OldTrevil

He's showing maturity in decision making on the pitch that's rare for youngsters, exciting talent indeed.

bosskeano

The lads contract comes to end this summer so we need to get him renewed to a first team contract especially with rumors in the papers that Barcelona are interested in taking him on a Bosman

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The lads contract comes to end this summer so we need to get him renewed to a first team contract especially with rumors in the papers that Barcelona are interested in taking him on a Bosman
I don’t know how anyone still thinks this after it’s been proven so many times to be not true.

Abraxas

Nonsensical they were even considering having him in the squad. He's an absolute baby in men's football. Not ready to be relied upon by a nation in a major tournament and you shouldn't be babysitting prospects. It's not even age, it's about experience at this level, he's played a few games of football. I am pretty sure the manager will use him wisely this season according to our assessment of his progress.

Remember the geese

Nonsensical they were even considering having him in the squad. He's an absolute baby in men's football. Not ready to be relied upon by a nation in a major tournament and you shouldn't be babysitting prospects. It's not even age, it's about experience at this level, he's played a few games of football. I am pretty sure the manager will use him wisely this season according to our assessment of his progress.
He would have been a terrific option off the bench. Missing a trick in my opinion.

Abraxas

He would have been a terrific option off the bench. Missing a trick in my opinion.
I'm not sure, I don't think he's ready. He's been put into quite a few handpicked situations so far. Coming off the bench against a tiring Villa in the Carabao is a far cry from a World Cup. It is however an ideal use of him by our manager.

Argentina should have enough forward quality to not have to throw in a lad who's claim is literally a couple of performances..ever. I think that would have been silly and that's saying nothing about his talent or potential which looks superb. So in the end for me they've landed on the right choice for the lads development, I'm just surprised it was a thing.

Thiagoal

I'm not sure, I don't think he's ready. He's been put into quite a few handpicked situations so far. Coming off the bench against a tiring Villa in the Carabao is a far cry from a World Cup. It is however an ideal use of him by our manager.

Argentina should have enough forward quality to not have to throw in a lad who's claim is literally a couple of performances..ever. I think that would have been silly and that's saying nothing about his talent or potential which looks superb. So in the end for me they've landed on the right choice for the lads development, I'm just surprised it was a thing.
I’ve never got this notion that international football is so much trickier than club football! I’d argue that a tiring Villa side are still better than over 50% of the national sides playing in the World Cup! Just look at the state of Englands group for example!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That was just pure determination and pace to make that goal happen. fecking brilliant. Get in there Garnacho

edgecutter

Great wee player. Making Jason sancho transfer looking worse and worse with his actual ability to take on a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.