6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red4Life_#7

Was so weird watching him get to that pass, it didn't look on at all and suddenly there he was :lol:
100% agree... watching it live I believed the defender was just going to kick it out for a corner... didn't expect that turbo booster from nowhere haha!

sirAlexsglasses

How long before Real Madrid are sniffing around turning his head, I hope he stays grounded and aims to make the iconic number 7 shirt his, the lad knows he’s an exceptional talent and he’s confident which is good, we just need to keep his feet firmly on the floor.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
We need to get the balance right - I personally think he needs to be a little bit stronger. He got knocked off the ball a little bit too easily before he eventually got the goal.
Not sure if that really happened, I don't recall that happening. He has a low centre of gravity. Look at his bodytype, he is 18 and doesn't need bulk right now. He is the same height as Fernandez. He'll grow out eventually and I think he'll be very strong but he doesn't need to be like Hulk to be good.

Acquire Me

This kid is sensational. Reminiscent of a young Ronaldo. Yes, I am getting carried away, but feck it, this kid is the real deal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What did he actually do that was so bad in terms of attitude? Anyone got links?
Supposedly it was an accumulation of small things like showing up late to preseason training; coming out to the training pitch without his shoelaces tied etc. (I think this was in a Luckhurst article) — nothing major, stuff you’d expect from a young kid, really.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
How long before Real Madrid are sniffing around turning his head, I hope he stays grounded and aims to make the iconic number 7 shirt his, the lad knows he’s an exceptional talent and he’s confident which is good, we just need to keep his feet firmly on the floor.
They have Vinicius in his position.

Bratt

This kid is sensational. Reminiscent of a young Ronaldo. Yes, I am getting carried away, but feck it, this kid is the real deal.
Was coming on here to post that I haven’t been this excited by a young player since Ronaldo.
Every time he gets the ball you feel like something good is gonna happen.
Sen-fecking-sational:devil:

ddg01

Am I right in thinking his contract expires in the summer?

I hope not! He really does look like the closest I’ve sent to Ronaldo in all these years!

December_16

Was coming on here to post that I haven’t been this excited by a young player since Ronaldo.
I was very very excited about that guy whose name I don’t even remember now :nervous:

Hope Garnacho will develop into a superstar with us for his entire career!

spiriticon

Please keep him grounded. Don't let him get lazy, don' let him think he's a big time Charlie, keep him away from dodgy people

Kopral Jono

I would argue young Ronaldo comparisons are a bit off. He reminds me a lot more of a young, Inter-destroying, Gareth Bale.

Devil81

At 18 he already has me believing he's going to do something special every time he's on the ball.

Amazing talent, we've unearthed another superstar.

Acquire Me

I remember the feeling with Ronaldo. It felt like we could beat anyone and he could do magic anytime he got the ball. The excitement with Garnacho is similar. This kid can do magic and we sort of did need a player like him tbh. United are known for having a player like him who stand out :devil:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What a talent this boy is. Somehow playing in the exact same position as Sancho he doesn’t need us to sign exactly the players he needs to play well, he just goes out there and performs.

Devil81

Personally thought he should have won us a penalty as well. City got one for far less last week.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He's showing signs of a few qualities from some of the best players we've seen over the last 10-15 years.

Low centre of gravity, skillful, incredible acceleration and so far his finishing seems very measured and deft.

But I don't dare get ahead of myself because if the trajectory continues, he leaves. Or he just won't be that good.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am seeing top top talent there. I am unsure why some of you are so reserved about him? Technique, pace, dribble, finishing.
He can be top player for us

Pirlo'sBeard

I rate him higher than he who shall not be named. Garnacho is faster, a better dribbler, and looks to be a very good finisher. It is unfortunate that he plays the one position in attack that we actually have good depth.
Greenwood has become quite underrated on here. He was generational.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I am seeing top top talent there. I am unsure why some of you are so reserved about him? Technique, pace, dribble, finishing.
He can be top player for us
Has that desire to run at people as well. Definitely excited to see how he develops.

Pearl.Jam

Obviously don’t want to get into the hyperbole too much but, holy shit he looks special and encapsulates the very best of our ethos down the years; fearless, youthful, entertaining and solely attack minded..loving it !

Glorio

Hope this inspires Sancho to up performances, penny for his thoughts at the minute

Chairman Steve

Scored a great goal and made things happen when he came on. Incredible acceleration and strength to get to that shooting chance at the end and then great decision to put placement over power to score.

A little excited but aware of the likes of Januzaj and Macheda too. He will definitely feel top of the world tonight but hopefully his immediate circle of friends, family, teammates and coaches will keep him grounded in reality. You don’t become a star in 10 days.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Greenwood has become quite underrated on here. He was generational.
Greenwood was an excellent talent and it was clear as day how good he was at 15, however I think he could've been generational, he's certainly the most talented teenager I've ever seen at United but I don't think he was generational. His form was patchy and to me it looked like his bad habits were becoming set in stone, mainly due to the poor coaching we had at the time. I felt his eventual level would've ended up more akin to Rashford (which is still good) rather than a top 10 level player which I think he could've reached.

I also think it's also fair to say that Garnacho's impact on the first team has been nothing short of incredible, even Greenwood's early performances weren't this good. His game so far has been remarkably well polished, his decision making has been top notch, he just plays like he's been a first team player for a decade. He's been better for the first team than he ever was for the academy, it's pretty astonishing. I feel Iqbal may end up in a similar boat when given the chance on the back of his pre-season performances, sometimes players just seem to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.