6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thom Merrilin

Not yet for me. Greenwood at his best was almost a finishing cheat code. And the potential of what he could have been was absurd given he had wonderful qualities in the buildup too.

Anyhow feck him. Garnacho is the big young talent now.
Sure, Garnacho still has a lot to prove. So did/does greenwood. He has 22 goals from 83 premier league games, if he really was a finishing cheat code then surely you would expect a better return.

SirMonteyne

He needs to play more, coaches need to observe what's his advantages and disadvantages. One wrong muscle training could affect his future at this stage.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Greenwood under ten Hag would perform better than under Ole. That's just what I think. So that Greenwood stats and decision making under Ole would have look much better under ten Hag imo. Either way, I am just happy that we have Garnacho.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's super weird to see United fans this insecure. We're football giants still and we don't lose players willy nilly like that for feck's sake
Few just loves to be miserable, these will be the first ones to tell everyone how shit the player is the moment player is in poor form.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Play him as a single forward vs Barca and make him drop deep to start all of his dribbling skills, don't press and never feed him through passes.
If he can't score a goal that way then he's not the real deal. Swim or drown. Survival of the fittest.

Real Name

Play him as a single forward vs Barca and make him drop deep to start all of his dribbling skills, don't press and never feed him through passes.
If he can't score a goal that way then he's not the real deal. Swim or drown. Survival of the fittest.
Strange post.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
His productivity has been highly impressive for such a young player, and most of it came in tricky moments.

That goal yesterday was all about determination: he wanted that goal so much, initially I thought the chance was gone. Perfect for him to learn under ETH

NoPace

Honestly, I thought he was overrated. He was good for sure but I never saw the "magic" in him that others did. I wasn't posting here while he was playing so I can't really back it up but I didn't rate him to become a superstar, more like a Rashford or Sterling level player.
I think his ability to get space and hit a shot with either foot would have made him a better goalscorer than those players, though not a better all-around footballer than Sterling. But let's say Son level.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can’t believe the club is letting his contract expire in the summer and he’ll go to Madrid on a free.

It’s embarrassing we will only enjoy him for the next few months. Knocks me sick.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Can’t believe the club is letting his contract expire in the summer and he’ll go to Madrid on a free.

It’s embarrassing we will only enjoy him for the next few months. Knocks me sick.
What happened to the white text rule? I think you have just shot up the anxiety levels/mental health challenges of half the Cardtards here.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Real Madrid doesn't need him.

RedStarUnited

Honestly, I thought he was overrated. He was good for sure but I never saw the "magic" in him that others did. I wasn't posting here while he was playing so I can't really back it up but I didn't rate him to become a superstar, more like a Rashford or Sterling level player.
if Rashford had Masons finishing ability he would have double the goals he already has for us.

Mason is an idiot, but he is also the best thing to come out of our academy (football wise) in years.

MUFC OK

I'm pretty concerned that we are going to lose this lad before he signs a new contract. This has to be sorted asap. Every big club in the world will be after him already. Anyone know how long is left on his current deal?

MUFC OK

Finishing ability he had of either foot at that age is incredibly rare.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I'm just so glad he's coming through under this management in this dressing room (presuming the toxic one disappears over the horizon shortly). Far more confident of him thriving and feeling the connection.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't believe his contract expires after the world cup.

Gone but not forgotten :'(

Both of his goals with his weak foot so far. Impressive.

Giggsyking

on talk sport, Jamie Ohara said

Its a disgrace the timing is wrong, Ronaldo stole the show from this boy, we should sit here today talk about this kid, not Ronaldo, yet we sit here and he took all the focus.

Drizzle

I can't claim to be an avid watcher of the youth team, but keep my eye on it and watch highlights when I can. But I can't say I ever thought Garnacho was anything special. Good player, yes, but nothing like a superstar in the making.

Yet here we are. It's interesting to me watching the different trajectories of young players. I did notice Garnacho seemed to become rapid about 12 months ago (maybe he always was but I never noticed it), and that changed his game. Suddenly he could be very direct in his play, and that option allowed him to blossom as an attacking weapon.

I'm still not convinced he'll be as generational as some maintain. I'm thinking more Rashford than Ronaldo - a good player who has the strong mentality to seize his first team chance and develop his game while being in the first team - but not reaching world class. That would still be a great outcome for us, assuming he stays.

But maybe he's got something special. I don't know. We'll get a better idea when defenders start analysing and preparing for him. Greenwood didn't evolve very well (poor coaching?) when defenders started preventing him getting off his favoured left foot shot, and he was stagnating a little by the end. It's promising that Garnacho appears to be able to go on the outside or inside of his defender and that makes him hard to defend against.

MUFC OK

Can't believe his contract expires after the world cup.

Gone but not forgotten :'(

Both of his goals with his weak foot so far. Impressive.
Conflicting reports. Some sources saying he's contracted til 2025. After Greenwood and this Roaldo fiasco it would be nive to get him tied down to a lengthy deal. Can't be dealing with the stress!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Conflicting reports. Some sources saying he's contracted til 2025. After Greenwood and this Roaldo fiasco it would be nive to get him tied down to a lengthy deal. Can't be dealing with the stress!
It was a joke mate - people keep saying he's running low but you are correct it goes to 25. We have nothing to worry about.

It was good while it lasted.

A lesson in life:
:lol: short but sweet

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Its a disgrace the timing is wrong, Ronaldo stole the show from this boy, we should sit here today talk about this kid, not Ronaldo, yet we sit here and he took all the focus.
In some ways it's good, takes the pressure off him.

Foolsgold21

We normally get a kid breaking through each season, and this year is looking to be one of the best in a while. Absolutely top goal yesterday to round off an incredible 10 days or so for him. What a moment.

With him as an option on top of Sancho, Rashford and Antony on the wings it all of a sudden looks a hell of a lot stronger - will need it this season to have a chance of top 4.

Now if we just managed to get a half decent striker in and he-who-shall-not-be-named out the door - we could be on to something..

Anustart89

It's the same as when we battered Spurs. Everybody spent the next week talking about how Ronaldo left the game in the 89th minute instead of the performances of the players who were on the pitch.

CM

Really impressive impact from the bench twice in one week. You've always got to be a bit cautious with young players but I think the fact that he will likely be competing with Rashford for the spot on the left might actually help him in some ways.

We've had players like Januzaj in the past who were probably thrust in a bit too much, too soon. That kind of pressure on a younger player isn't always a good thing, especially when people look to them as one of the main players to deliver. I think ten Hag will continue to manage Garnacho's minutes carefully but the signs look really promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.