Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
agreed. He’s better off the bench for now. He’s going to be class though.
He has started for us already this season and done well. He may not be ready to start every game but I find this whole he’s not a starter yet narrative weird when thus far he’s contributed to our season often from the starting line up.

mav_9me

I really didn't think he looked too bad yesterday? It wasn't his greatest performance but pretty much all of our chances came through him in the first half, he was just unlucky not to finish any of those chances off. He's still young and learning anyway, there will be off games.
He really wasn’t too bad. He was robbed of the ball a few times and countered. He also missed a good chance. He looked bright. I don’t think shifting the team around last night really came off and he looks to be a better option off the bench against tired legs and minds for now. He’s pretty two footed too. I would have preferred him on the right cutting in if anything,
I thought he was alright
Garnacho was decent. I like that he's always looking at the best option, shoot or pass, or move the ball more. He's not greedy.
Garnacho was great. He did his bit and on another day could have had a brace. We got overrun from the first whistle exactly like Arsenal did vs Everton.
Couldn't agree more. This is his first season with the first team, he is 18. He is not always going to deliver. He mostly plays with his head up. Yeah he missed a couple of chances but who doesn't.

I for one love he keeps trying, goes back for more, doesn't hide. I have no worries about him. He will be fine as long as keeps working at his game.

Golden Nugget

He has started for us already this season and done well. He may not be ready to start every game but I find this whole he’s not a starter yet narrative weird when thus far he’s contributed to our season often from the starting line up.
I personally feel that he’s more effective when he comes off the bench for us, his pace and directness would be a nightmare against tiring legs - but yeah - he’s been good when he starts too

Chief123

He was perfectly fine. Criticising him is completely ridiculous. Were people expecting an Mbappe level performance from an 18 year old?

On Another day Garnacho gets 2 goals and is lauded as a generational talent. Give the kid a break.

Ibi Dreams

How aesthetically pleasing was that finish? The body shape, the power on it, the accuracy, coming off the post :drool:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Was always going to score today after the pelters he was getting on SM on Wednesday night

Nick7

I don’t think he should start another game for us this season. Simply because he’s fecking sensational off the bench. What a player to bring on against tired legs.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Where's all the moaners now eh?

Luke Ayling? :lol:

Red Rash

This is the way to use him right now, 30 minutes or so off the bench and he can torture defenders. Nice that he got a goal and a shame he didn't get the second

AndySmith1990

Serious talent. The negative doubters can feck off.

What are you trying to accomplish with posts like this? Are you saying he's above any form of criticism?

Obviously he's got talent. Why can't people enjoy that and also provide constructive criticism, without either side telling others to shut the feck up? The constant desperation to point score is tedious

Sylar

What a surprise, a youngster can have some off games but still deliver like he did today. So happy for him

saivet

This is the way to use him right now, 30 minutes or so off the bench and he can torture defenders. Nice that he got a goal and a shame he didn't get the second
I think he probably should start with Rashford up top, at least while Antony is out injured.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What are you trying to accomplish with posts like this? Are you saying he's above any form of criticism?

Obviously he's got talent. Why can't people enjoy that and also provide constructive criticism, without either side telling others to shut the feck up? The constant desperation to point score is tedious
Barely any of it was constructive outside of "he's shite".

It was a complete over reaction and you all look stupid.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Great speed on him.

Still think he should have squared it to Marcus.

Unpopular opinion maybe but still.
Nah, he has to go for that himself. The second one maybe, but I thought he should have taken a shot on his right rather than turning and coming inside on his left.

footballbite

The knee-jerk reactions to his last game was pathetic and atrocious considering his age and that he was still Utd's most dangerous player in the first half.

A quality finish from him today. What a prospect he continues to be.

Sylar

Criticism on performances is fine. People saying he's shit, gash or should get the hair dryer or warm the bench from now on need to have a look at themselves. He's not an established experienced player who is not trying. The thing is he's trying and it might not always work but he doesn't give up

Red_Aaron

It's so nice to have such an exciting prospect coming through (especially given he who shall not be named) it spreads optimism through the club

Walters_19_MuFc

He wont like it because I know he wants to play, but I prefer him coming on and bringing that much needed energy and directness to the team against a tired back four, as we saw today. Took his goal fantastically well.

FromTheBench

He is excellent when the game is open and also better as a sub right now.

That's why it was so strange at Arsenal he wasn't brought on.

RuudTom83

Good boy! his first touch was perfect for the goal.

Only one thing in his mind and he executed it perfectly.

El Jefe

That goal sums up what he's all about. Unfortunately he isn't able to get into those positions enough when he starts games but off the bench he is so dangerous. Excellent finish too.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Constructive criticism is fine. That post was for all the knee jerkers saying they didn't rate him after the other night.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
After his goal, did he sign that he's here to stay at Leeds?

Get rid!!

Sgreddevil

Good performance. Should have gotten another goal has he not tried to cut inside. Should have done what Rashford did for the disallowed goal. Sometimes just need to keep it simple and direct.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Quite the finish by Garnacho today. Was deservedly criticised midweek. However, today he did more right than wrong. That goal of his pretty much killed the game. Shame he came back onto his left when he had the chance to bury the match late on.

Status
Not open for further replies.