6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malone_Post

He was the only one in the first half that looked even close to making anything happen for us going forward. Yes it wasn’t his night with his final ball/finishing but he was our only threat that entire half. And he kept trying, he didn’t let his head drop and he kept attacking them.

FriedClams

I can almost guarantee that the people going over the top slating him haven’t watched united play live very often in their life.

SirScholes

Big game to be starting in, I’m not sure I’d do the same again any time soon
Let him be an impact sub in these matches

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's 18. Showed his good points but also showed that he's still 18 with sloppy decision making.

Saw that he liked a tweet of some guy saying he isn't fit to start, so wonder how he's dealing with some drop in form.

pacifictheme

The biggest issue with starting him was shunting rashford out right where he was considerably less effective. Thought he had a mixed game really but not one of the best displays. Inconsistency is yto be expected from a teenager.

RuudtheRed

I thought he was rather poor against Leeds and Ayling stopped him repeatedly on the wing. Still, unlucky not to score and was rightfully withdrawn for Sancho. Can chalk it down as a learning experience for him

NZT-One

I think, it isn't just form or inexperience. We have to accept the fact, that our opponents are watching our games as well and will be prepared. Garnacho had somewhat of a honeymoon phase, just like Januzaj and Greenwood did. And then reality hit them and defenders knew their tendencies and stuff. This is when players have to evolve, are needed to adjust to new circumstances and climb up a level. Garnacho has most of the tools I guess. But I also think, there were more talented players than him who didn't reach their potential. Today shouldn't be overstated, but some fans calling for a spot in the starting lineup for the last few weeks might need to give their heads a wobble.

Last edited:

BlueHaze

I don't think he was bad at all but I would start Sancho any day ahead of him.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I missed this game but reading a few comments on here I'll say , who needs enemies when you've got friends like these!

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s been liking critical tweets about himself. Needs to avoid that shit and not take it to heart. Games like that happen.

meamth

One of those days where you have rubbish 2nd touches and he cannot save himself from passing.

He needs to calm down a bit and look around him more.

MUFC OK

Incredible talent. ETH is doing well managing his minutes. Thought he was unlucky today and could have scored at least one. He's always a threat and so direct which is great to see. Have no worries about him at all.

MUFC OK

Was anyone on here in 2005 when Ronaldo was getting pelters weekly and getting jeered/drawing collective groans inside OT? We have to be patient with him. If he has the right attitude he will succeed.

wangyu

I like his direct style of play, he is a handful for any opponent but today he didn’t beat his marker too often. Yet if he had slotted a goal nobody would complain. Lively player

kaku06

Vulgarian
Some of you make me sick tbh.

We've got a fantastic 18 year old talent on our hands, and all you can do is talk shit about him :lol:

Pathetic. When he walks to Madrid in 2/3 years I hope you don't shed a tear.
Why would Madrid come for him? You are deluded if you think he is that good.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Got into good positions but not clinical or decisive enough. Normal to be so volatile early in his development, hope he gets a good cameo over the weekend.

Baneofthegame

Will be a good experience for him, should of scored once.

Main problem was it basically nullified Rashford for the entire first half.

ROFLUTION

Why would Madrid come for him? You are deluded if you think he is that good.
He is 18 years for fecks sake. Cant name many modern players with Garnacho's current level at this age. Lately he just won us the match against City.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I have no posts in here because I haven’t really made my mind up on the player, plus he’s too young for extensive critique. What I think was apparent last night is he was trying too hard to impress and make an impression, and with that, his composure and sense of calm went up in smoke, which is why his balance was so poor as he often overextended himself, even with the basics, either overplaying or under thinking, but in a hectic game like that, a good captain would be in his ear telling him to calm down and get his bearings underneath him.

What I don’t think was right is our best player, in such form, being ousted from his primary position to accommodate him. That should either have been Pellistri starting on the right, or Garnacho himself, and it being left that way for as long as it was was costly, but that’s a gripe for another thread and not on the kid.

sleepehead

I think his next big focus should be his close control touch/dribbling, sometimes his first touch just gets away with him and he ends up messing up his next move. He's erratic in a good way, but he needs to continue to polish his control.

Could have scored twice, should have scored at least once. Inconsistency is to be expected at his age but his desire and drive to keep trying is unusual.

Bondi77

I thought he was great in the first half as he was direct and always going at his marker and was unlucky not to get a couple of goals...the kid is going to be a star!

Fabio Rochemback

Lively and dangerous as always, didn't quite come off for him obviously.

For all the talk of how Ayling bossed him, Garnacho totally skinned him twice.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Should have passed it sooner but he’s a kid and will need time to define his game. The good thing is that he always has an impact.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I missed this game but reading a few comments on here I'll say , who needs enemies when you've got friends like these!
Like this with every youth player we ever bring through, we genuinely don't deserve the euphoric moments they produce for us later down the line.

RuudTom83

If the score was 0-0 I’d have liked him to stay LW and try to win his battle.

He is not an unknown anymore, every team in the league knows what he is good at. So the occasions he comes up against someone getting the better of him is a great chance to develop.

Also his position as 2nd choice LW is under threat from a returning Sancho. But it will only make him better in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.