6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

His reaction - he seemed to understand why it happened.

I really think we’d be better off starting Garnacho and pushing Rashford upfront than persisting with Weghorst.

I like Weghorst but Garnacho makes things happen. Reminds me a lot of Mane.
Weghorst’s pressing from the front gives us a platform though. His constant movement and pressing can tire defences out which helps when he comes off for Garnacho. Gives Garnacho a tired defence to play with. It’s no real surprise that Garnacho’s best performances for us so far have all been ones where he’s come off the bench.

flameinthesun

Garnacho is best coming off the bench when players start to fatigue b/c he clearly wants to just run at defenders even if at times it's a bit brainless.....super sub is a good role for him right now
Yeah I'd agree with you. For me he isn't mature enough to be tactically disciplined going forwards and backwards from the start. Which is normal because its his first season as a pro for a top team. Coming off the bench to add more unpredictability and dynamicism is perfect for him. Eventually as he matures and fills out he'll become a starter, that I have no doubt about.

jesperjaap

With the form of Rashford, our first team, he is obviously going to play from the bench, which is right, lets not forget he is 18.

So exciting to watch and I have to say done far better than I expected so far. Ability is obvious but he looked to me from the very little I saw in youth games to be very muc a rough diamond with a lign way to go.

I think the tatical awareness and disciplien so far has been excellent for his age and lack of experience. Has a lot to learn still obviously, but I sure hope its here as he looks one of the few genuinely great prospects have come through over the last decade here

mav_9me

Loved his involvement in the 2nd goal. Shows he is more than a pacy winger. He does show quite a bit of composure for his age and position.

Sylar

Loved his involvement in the 2nd goal. Shows he is more than a pacy winger. He does show quite a bit of composure for his age and position.
Agreed, he started from the left, played a nice one too, got the ball,dribbled and picked the right pass to Shaw with a great weight on the ball. He's special

OverratedOpinion

Showed his obvious talent but also that he needs to mix it up a little bit more when taking players on.

Donut

I don’t quite get people who are saying it shows how young he is and how he goes for the dribble every time. Yes, he’s very direct but if he sees the defender is well positioned and he won’t be able to get past him he regularly takes the safe option and passes it, he seems very mature for his age to me.

I don’t know if the English commentator said it, but apparently when they were celebrating Rashford’s goal with the crowd Garnacho’s little brother was there. Is his whole family living here or was it just a one off? If his family is here with him, he must be pretty settled. Hopefully he’ll be a mainstay for a long log time.

RuudTom83

Nothing to do with him of course, but I felt for him being double subbed, poor guy!

criticalanalysis

I don’t quite get people who are saying it shows how young he is and how he goes for the dribble every time. Yes, he’s very direct but if he sees the defender is well positioned and he won’t be able to get past him he regularly takes the safe option and passes it, he seems very mature for his age to me.

I don’t know if the English commentator said it, but apparently when they were celebrating Rashford’s goal with the crowd Garnacho’s little brother was there. Is his whole family living here or was it just a one off? If his family is here with him, he must be pretty settled. Hopefully he’ll be a mainstay for a long log time.
You didn't watch the last game where he started? Check out the match or read the comments. He did exactly that. It's a valid criticism but quite a 'minor' one because he is still very early in his development playing his first full senior season under a new manager. However, he is also a very impactful player and like yesterday, we saw the best of him when he has come off the bench.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Antony is slow to take on players but you can at least say he's trying to use his brain.

This guy though. Just brainless fecking running with the ball, bumbling into defenders, losing the ball, pissing away momentum. I do not see it.

Last edited:

Wayne's World

Too young to be starting for us, has massive potential but there's a reason why we need to have more experienced wingers playing right now

flappyjay

Has to learn when to try go past his opponents and when to play with his teammates.

Lyng

The talent is clearly there but today really showed that he still lacks football brains.

acnumber9

Has a real problem maintaining balance. He’s a bit too chaotic to be starting games I think.

evil_geko

Young player in being inconsistent shocker! And Caf overreacts like usual = "I don't see him making it" "we praised him too early" and rest of best hits on this forum. :lol:

Zoo

He’s 18 and clearly not ready to be starting regularly.

Real Name

Had 2 good chances and in both should have probably passed to Weghorst. Forced things too much.

Unam333

Valuable experience for Garnacho. He wasn't great today, but he's young and learning.

ROFLUTION

Wasnt that bad. Beat his man a good amount of times, but when we lose people have extra long knives out. He still lacks that end product, but we have to play him to get him to that stage. The problem is more that he puts Rashford in an unnatural position.

MoskvaRed

Not great today against some uncompromising Leeds defender.. Better to keep him as a sub to run at tired defences until he matures both physically and as a player.

Andersonson

He was the only one in the first half who came to chances. He is very very young still and people are way to harsh on him. He will be become great for us

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hasn’t been able to beat anyone for a while now. Mainly due to lack of physicality.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Definitely not as bad as was being made out during the game, was lively and looked the best out of our attacking players in the first half imo.

Paul778

Big miscalculation by ETH putting him in from the start on the left. Rashford is on the form of his life and was anonymous in the first half.

He's got a big future but that was too much too soon in a tough game against leeds (is there any other sort?)

PoTMS

He's not ready to start games for United. He should only be brought on as a sub.

Sylar

You guys are ott. He wasn't poor or the like.

Hasn’t been able to beat anyone for a while now. Mainly due to lack of physicality.
I'm sure he beat his man a few times today but also got beaten himself too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought he was his usual lively self but Ayling suddenly developed the tackling ability of Wan Bissaka.

Telsim

Terrible outing. Too often he struggles to stay on his own two feet. Very greedy. Needs a good bollocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.