Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I love how direct and quick he is. Especially in his first touch. The way how he stormed past defender before goal was amazing stuff.

But he really needs to improve his overall play and learn when to pass. In both chances he had players (in better position) wide open for pass.

Nevertheless, he is a gem. He will be a huge player for us

next_number_seven

It really is phenomenal when these players pop up from the academy - we basically have one more quality forward than I expected going in. This guy just seems to "have it". Great ability and right kind of mentality, it seems.

It does look like his pace still surprises the league, which he is able to exploit. For both his goal yesterday and the one against Fulham, it looks like the defenders either react too late or take the wrong angle, because they are simply not expecting his raw pace.
I was thinking the same thing about the Fulham goal and the goal yesterday. He seems to have an extra bit of acceleration which surprises people.

Fergie always said that pace is acceleration, not velocity

mikeyt

A superb talent who has progressed significantly this year. Still feel he's not quite impacting games from the start consistently and is a better impact player currently but to be expected with such a young lad. Next season if he keeps developing he's going to be some player.

I see more in him than I did in Greenwood at this stage. Greenwood was a phenomenal finisher but he didn't have the directness and aggression of Garnacho and his progress had begun to slow before 'things' happened.

SATA

His direct style and dribbling really reminds me of the Bale at Spurs, but Bale was obviously much faster. What a player we will have if he’s nurtured properly, and he himself has to really want it too to make it as a potential world class player

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I see more in him than I did in Greenwood at this stage. Greenwood was a phenomenal finisher but he didn't have the directness and aggression of Garnacho and his progress had begun to slow before 'things' happened.
Eh, Greenwood was on a 17 goal season at age 17. Garnacho is fine but Greenwood was on a superstar trajectory had he not chosen to ruin his career.

RedRoach

Eh, Greenwood was on a 17 goal season at age 17. Garnacho is fine but Greenwood was on a superstar trajectory had he not chosen to ruin his career.
He is a better dribbler than Greenwood, but Greenwood was better at everything else by some distance (passing, shooting with both feet etc.)

Morpheus 7

The reactions midweek in here were a joke too, they say some see the game different. Some don't see anything, if you can't see how good this guys potential is at 18, watch another sport. I'm not joking either, he's on track to be a game changer in a few years.

ash_86

The way he runs with the ball and shoots without slwoing down, very few people in the world can do it at that speed. He's special !!

Edwards6

The way he runs with the ball and shoots without slwoing down, very few people in the world can do it at that speed. He's special !!
Reminds me of Andrei Kanchelskis the way he runs with the ball

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He is a better dribbler than Greenwood, but Greenwood was better at everything else by some distance (passing, shooting with both feet etc.)
Greenwood was special because of how economical he was for his age. There was no showboating, taking pot shots at goal or unnecessary dribbles. He even led the league in goals per shot attempt for a season.

SungSam7

His direct style and dribbling really reminds me of the Bale at Spurs, but Bale was obviously much faster. What a player we will have if he’s nurtured properly, and he himself has to really want it too to make it as a potential world class player
Still another few seasons for him to develop his pace and skill set, Bale didn't come to light until he was like 21 or 22 after he changed to a winger.

Remember, Spurs struggled to win a game when Bale was starting for a few seasons if memory serves me right

jeepers

It really is phenomenal when these players pop up from the academy - we basically have one more quality forward than I expected going in. This guy just seems to "have it". Great ability and right kind of mentality, it seems.

It does look like his pace still surprises the league, which he is able to exploit. For both his goal yesterday and the one against Fulham, it looks like the defenders either react too late or take the wrong angle, because they are simply not expecting his raw pace.
Plus he’s not afraid to use his left also. Not saying that he’s both-footed, mind, but the willingness to use and a decent left foot will also make defending against him much harder, along with his speed and dribbling.

NK86

Jesus, where do people get this take? Like seeing a live version of Memento being posted here. Greenwood was phenomenal before he decided to feck it all up.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe he really is fast. He glided past players so easily.
His acceleration is crazy good. Not sure how raw of a sprinter he is but over that first 10 yards or so he’s rapid

Dan_F

The reactions midweek in here were a joke too, they say some see the game different. Some don't see anything, if you can't see how good this guys potential is at 18, watch another sport. I'm not joking either, he's on track to be a game changer in a few years.
They were, but I don’t think they were saying they don’t see potential. I do understand the argument that if you’re starting for the first team then you’re open to criticism, but we’ve always been a fan base that will cut kids more slack.

Expecting him not to make wrong decisions, give the ball away etc is just laughable. He was playing under 18 football a year ago, it’s crazy that people are expecting him to dominate teams every game.

Greenwood was an incredible finisher, its why he was on a superstar trajectory. However his progress had begun to slow as he sometimes struggled to make an impact on games after that first season. Garnacho has much more confidence and aggression in his play which makes me think he won't have the same struggles.

Donut

Why is the contract signing taking so long? It’s been reported as “done” for what seems like a few months now… Is Garnacho increasing his demands with every goal he scores?

eire-red

Maybe he really is fast. He glided past players so easily.
I think it's his ability to run at speed with the ball at his feet. Not sure yet if he's a proper pace merchant, but he has that acceleration and the ability to keep the ball glued to his foot when running at pace. That's very difficult to defend.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I thought it was the other way round. If we compare them both at same age (18), Greenwood was better in finishing/goalscoring, while Garnacho is better at everything else (running, dribbling, crossing, initiating attack in final third etc)

eire-red

Greenwood was an incredible finisher, its why he was on a superstar trajectory. However his progress had begun to slow as he sometimes struggled to make an impact on games after that first season. Garnacho has much more confidence and aggression in his play which makes me think he won't have the same struggles.
I think it'll be a long time before we ever see an academy player so rounded and cultured at such a young age as Greenwood.

I agree that he did miss that edge to his game. Would have liked to have seen him with a bit more bite and aggression on the pitch. Unfortunately, he only had that nasty side to him off the pitch. What a piece of shit.

Jeffthered

Super young talent. Cannot understand some of the comments on here, guy oozes personality, identity, potential, quality... nice, direct, and is still learning... but he's a key player, he comes off the bench and the whole team changes.

Compare him to Antony or Martial. He's far clearer in his mind as to how he should play.. it's great. Of course, he is still learning and he is still only young. So let's not expect too much from him, as we have seen too many players suffer from that. I think he's a great talent, such a Man Utd player.

Smores

Agree with this, Greenwood had more talent but he'd developed a bad habit of just being a cut in and shoot merchant and teams figured it out. Garnacho being a better dribbler who can put defenders on their arse isn't going to get figured out as easily.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Greenwood seem to lack any aggression in his game which I think Alejandro has and that's why it doesn't matter how talented Greenwood was but how things turn out in a longer term. Garnacho will grow faster with his attitude and like many times before it will show that workrate will beat talent. Of course he's very talented himself.

Happy that once in a while we have a top talent emerginffrom the academy saving us 100m quid. Border line good players like Garner, Laird, Williams won't make it but I think there will always be slightly under the radar player like Rashford, Garnacho who steps up and make the biggest progress at the right moment.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
2nd season syndrome. Greenwood was struggling a little in his 2nd season. So let's wait on ganarcho when PL defenders have figured him out a little by then.

MinGin

Greenwood seem to lack any aggression in his game which I think Alejandro has and that's why it doesn't matter how talented Greenwood was but how things turn out in a longer term. Garnacho will grow faster with his attitude and like many times before it will show that workrate will beat talent. Of course he's very talented himself.

Happy that once in a while we have a top talent emerginffrom the academy saving us 100m quid. Border line good players like Garner, Laird, Williams won't make it but I think there will always be slightly under the radar player like Rashford, Garnacho who steps up and make the biggest progress at the right moment.
Can we allow to talk this man in this forum right now? :confused::confused:
By the way, What is the status of Garnacho contract?Will we lost him within 24 months?

Valencia Shin Crosses

Highly disagree, Greenwood was much more aware in his link up and was a true elite two footed striker of the ball which is simply something that you don't find in football. He was even electric at striker before we brought in Ronaldo, and then those couple of months were where he suffered (again, playing out of position as a RW with a poacher taking up the middle). Garnacho is blazing quick and very dangerous at driving at fullbacks, but he's way more raw in every part of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.