6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

2nd season syndrome. Greenwood was struggling a little in his 2nd season. So let's wait on ganarcho when PL defenders have figured him out a little by then.
His all round play was better in his second season but he did not score as many.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
His all round play was better in his second season but he did not score as many.
That's why I wasn't too concerned about his output. At 20 then, it was about developing him as a better all-around player, in & outside the box -- a bit of what they are doing to Marcus at the moment but in reverse.

Like height in basketball, you can't teach; Mason had the ability to strike the ball so cleanly, with little back-lift with both feet.

They had a long-term plan for him....until he fecked it up.

eire-red

Still doesn't turn 19 until the summer. As breakthrough seasons go, this kid has nailed it. Hopefully we can get the contract situation sorted over the summer.

I'm really excited for what the future holds for him. He really seems to have the lot. Can beat his man, run with the ball, go on the inside or outside, can score and assist, comfortable on both feet. We have a genuine world class talent on our hands that we need to nurture here.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Reminds me of Andrei Kanchelskis the way he runs with the ball
Not sure I've seen anyone else post this but I agree with you, that's the first player that came to mind when I saw him originally.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Should just be used as an impact, unfortunately it has happened for him In any of his league starts this season, 3/4 he been pulled at HT.
Agreed but with the injuries ETH had to give him a start today while we ease Sancho back in

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's lost tactically, should not be starting now. I don't see that's an issue really, we have Rashford / Sancho to play on LW anyway. Garnacho is very food off the bench though, imagine giving him a go instead of Elanga today.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Both players looking arguably more effective off the bench.

Antony's place in the squad is so so vital.
Agreed, I think right now our best attack is Rashford left, Antony right, Bruno and Weghorst through the middle (imagine that but with a capable number 9)

Still having the likes of Sancho and Garnacho on the bench gives us decent depth

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Needs to learn the basics when things are not going well. Exposed Shaw time and time again.

rajds89

Didn’t go his way today but that’s to be expected, he is a young lad learning his trade. I find it difficult to be to over critical personally.

-Supreme-

Today is a good learning curve for him where he needs to understand how he can help the team when it’s not working out for him in the final third.

criticalanalysis

Agreed, I think right now our best attack is Rashford left, Antony right, Bruno and Weghorst through the middle (imagine that but with a capable number 9)

Still having the likes of Sancho and Garnacho on the bench gives us decent depth
It's such a funny/odd conundrum isn't it. We value our Brazilian winger for his hard work on and off the ball and possession traits. Then we need our English forward for nuanced creativity and play making ability.

We also have a 6'6 dutch striker, who is our best third midfielder :lol:

Real_Knut

I thought a good word to describe his performance was "immature", which is more or less what you can expect. He needs some more education defensively and is a little inconsistent. I don't necesarily think he has to be used only as a sub - if the game and the opposition is right he can make an impact when starting as well. He is a very exciting young player

Roboc7

He was poor, he’s got to make transition from being an impact player to someone who can contribute more regularly as a starter. As long as he is willing to learn from games like today he’ll be fine.

Red00012

More of an impact player when the game is stretched . I’ve no idea he will be class he’s still a kid

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Clearly ETH trusts him even at 18 and not good decision making

If he doesn't make it, with ETH on the head he won't be here at 22 yo
But if hes still here at that age, thats because he got it right and that's a terrific prospect, world class winger

Worth the bet

Beech

Has an awful lot to learn, as to be expected. Much better suited as an impact sub right now. He's a better Daniel James.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I can see logic rotating him with Sancho.

Neither player seem to start games very well. Both players seem to make an impact from the bench.

There's no alarm bells here and any overreactions are beyond stupid.

D. Grayson

Supports
Ashwood City FC.
It's such a funny/odd conundrum isn't it. We value our Brazilian winger for his hard work on and off the ball and possession traits. Then we need our English forward for nuanced creativity and play making ability.
Could you have ever imagined Ronaldinho being the water carrier for Kieron Dyer back in 2002?:lol:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
We have to learn the lessons we just got with rashford. Give the kid time to develop. He's not even in his adult frame. I don't like his ball hawking though and how he fecks over his fullback a lot. Earn the right to do all the flair stuff, early rashford being a great example of this.

SAFMUTD

He's way better coming from the bench. Needs to do his defensive work as well, left Shaw by himself a couple of times.

Just 18 so the future is bright I'm sure ten Hag will develop him properly.

Redlyn

Not much going forward and complete liability defensively. Since Sancho is back he needs to stay as a sub.

Chinchy98

Peaky form at the minute. One game he has an impact, the next he’s hampering us significantly.

I thought he was none existent defensively today; didn’t tuck in adequately, never got out to the fullback aggressively, didn’t ever look to spin & stretch the lines when Shaw had the ball at his feet.

His general play has regressed as the level of competition has increased; cup game Garnacho early in the season looked electric, the burden of starting games and having tactical responsibility seems a heavy shirt to wear at the moment. There is absolutely a top player in there, a bit of patience & maybe some bench time when Antony & Martial return should help.

I’d be looking at him starting the FA Cup tie against West Ham, and having limited minutes until then. Barca & Newcastle are games that we can’t take a punt on which Garnacho shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.