6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkXaero

Really good impact sub, but not ready to be a starter, his performance level tends to drop a lot.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Was he injured or just taken off for tactical reasons/having a quiet game?
Tactical imo. Not a good game but he's so young and inexperienced I'm surprised so many call him out so early in his career when he's also done some great things.

'Tis the way I guess.

Beaucoup

I think his current playing style suits being an impact sub, not sure if he has enough to his game to ever become a regular starter.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think his current playing style suits being an impact sub, not sure if he has enough to his game to ever become a regular starter.
He has enough to his game to become a truly top class player. He's 18 and an excellent impact sub, gets into great positions regularly, creates great chances for himself and others, always a threat with his pace and dribbling... Time will tell how he progresses, but as an 18 year old he is excellent. Definitely more suited to being an impact sub right now but that's fine.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
IMO he only got subbed off because other areas of the side weren’t working and we were fortunate to be in front. It was a tactical master stroke to take him off as allowed Rashford on left which suited this particular game and Sancho into 10. Don’t think it’s because he was particularly poor.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Like many young players, Garanacho's biggest weakness seems to be knowing what to do when he doesn't have the ball. Today his body positioning was when Leicester was in possession was all wrong. He kept turning his back on his RB and getting burnt down the flanks. This was putting Shaw in positions where they were able to attack 2 vs 1. He needs to open his body up so he can see the play and see his man. With that being said, he's young and still learning. We have seen several times how dangerous he can be in the attacking 3rd. The rest of his game will come, and the best way to learn is to play. He probably wasn't happy about being subbed at half time today, but when the coaching staff go over video of his game today, I'm sure he will see why and learn from it...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
IMO he only got subbed off because other areas of the side weren’t working and we were fortunate to be in front. It was a tactical master stroke to take him off.
Was it the right choice? yes. Technical master class? Not so sure about that. It was the obvious change to make. Unless you are saying that I also have technical masterclass decision making

santeria13

Sublemon
One thing that people aren't mentioning is both games sancho has looked good coming off the bench, he was playing in a central position. I think his good performance in both cameos can be attributed more to his position rather than whether he started or not. Both Garnacho and Sancho haven't looked good starting from the wing.

I think once Antony is back our best lineup would be Fernandes out on the left with sancho no10 and Garnacho off the bench.

Last edited:

Beaucoup

Ever? He’s 18.
I’ve watched lots of his games since he arrived and he always plays the same way, which on its day is incredibly dangerous, but he will need to add a lot more to his game to become a regular. He is only 18 so there is plenty of time.

lex talionis

A remarkable observation that an 18 year player, who has had an outsized impact at one of the world’s biggest club, is unlikely to ever become a regular starter.

ROFLUTION

Its quite simple. His opponents are more fresh when he starts. Today in first half he had two players marking him.

The last 30 minutes will always be a more open game, and that’s where he really thrives as he can easier drible past one semi-tired defender.

bosskeano

if he was that good today then why did EtH pull him off at HT??? don't tell me i'm talking rubbish or don't know football

United Hobbit

I think it'll help when his frame develops a bit, he still looks very much like a raw teenage, especially when you compare him to MG who looked like a man already, at present he's very easy to knock off the ball.

I have confidence ETH and his coaches will be showing him what he needs to do better.

Hes probably starting as Sancho is being carefully eased back, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he had come on at his usual time today, I think he'd have looked a lot better, but we didn't have that option and ETH showed trust in him to start him. Maybe his defensive workrate hasn't been so massively highlighted until now as we were so under the cosh in those 25 minutes - usually when he comes on we are winning, or he's purely focusing on chasing goals. This is a side of his game I'd hope our coaches will be working on developing.

MadMike

One thing that people aren't mentioning is both games sancho has looked good coming off the bench, he was playing in a central position.
No one is talking about because it ain’t true. The last game he came on as a sub was the 2-2 at home vs Leeds (where he also scored) and he was very clearly on the left wing. He then started vs Leeds away and against Barca. Only today he came on at #10.

I think once Antony is back our best lineup would be Fernandes out on the left with sancho no10 and Garnacho off the bench.
Fernandes has played a handful of games at RW this season, but not a single game on the left. How you think his best position is on the left is anyone’s guess.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was a big issue in the first half with how easily Leicester were getting down our left hand side.

But he's 18, he'll learn.

stoinz

Still very raw but I have no doubt he will come good. Just hope that the player understands this and is patient enough.

NoPace

Tactical imo. Not a good game but he's so young and inexperienced I'm surprised so many call him out so early in his career when he's also done some great things.

'Tis the way I guess.
I think it was tactical, because Rashford took over his spot, and it would be odd if Ten Hag's first priority in attack is to have Rashford play wherever the various factors (our personnel, theirs, score of the game, the other team's tactics) mean he's most likely to win the game while reminding everyone of 2009 Cristiano.

NoPace

He was a big issue in the first half with how easily Leicester were getting down our left hand side.

But he's 18, he'll learn.
Castagne is a pretty boring but solid RB at a time when there's very few good ones (which is why it's odd that England have half of them). I don't think there's too many 18 year olds who would give him a ton of trouble.

mav_9me

if he was that good today then why did EtH pull him off at HT??? don't tell me i'm talking rubbish or don't know football
nobody is disagreeing with you about his poor game yesterday.

they are disagreeing with you saying he hasn’t put in a good performance in a while, cuz he just scored the 2nd goal away at Leeds.

Josh 76

I’ve noticed that when Garnacho or Sancho start, they have a poor game. When they come on as a sub, they play very well.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Like many young players, Garanacho's biggest weakness seems to be knowing what to do when he doesn't have the ball. Today his body positioning was when Leicester was in possession was all wrong. He kept turning his back on his RB and getting burnt down the flanks. This was putting Shaw in positions where they were able to attack 2 vs 1. He needs to open his body up so he can see the play and see his man. With that being said, he's young and still learning. We have seen several times how dangerous he can be in the attacking 3rd. The rest of his game will come, and the best way to learn is to play. He probably wasn't happy about being subbed at half time today, but when the coaching staff go over video of his game today, I'm sure he will see why and learn from it...
To be fair, he has had several games where he has tracked back successfully, but yesterday wasn't one of them.
As he matures, he will gradually start to get into better defensive positions automatically, as he learns his trade, but at the moment he is having to try to bring everything together during a game and he will have moments where he switches off.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
To be fair, he has had several games where he has tracked back successfully, but yesterday wasn't one of them.
As he matures, he will gradually start to get into better defensive positions automatically, as he learns his trade, but at the moment he is having to try to bring everything together during a game and he will have moments where he switches off.
I noticed he did a mini-Ronaldo sulk ie didn't celebrate when Rashford scored his 1st, and when Marcus didn't square the ball to him.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The thing is, I'm not questioning his work rate and I don't think he is against doing his defensive work. I've seen him do it before too. Yesterday it was about his positioning. He was turning his back on his man and by the time he realized it, he was already gone...

Ceteris

Just needs to work on his game going backwards. He has the natural instinct to attack and the talent for it.

He's young, he has time to learn the defensive side of his position but only if he has the right attitude

bosskeano

Did someone say he was good? He had an awful time with his positioning and defensive work.
i guess b/c he scored the second goal against Leeds in the 29 minutes he played that he's been impressive lately....congrats on the goal b/c it was a big goal at the time to settle the match but he's been absent on the pitch recently not really getting on the ball and not tracking defensively. I know he's young and consistency will be an issue but given our lack of attacking options, we need him to put in 7 out of 10 performances.

Glad the club has tied him down to a 5 yr contract.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The thing is, I'm not questioning his work rate and I don't think he is against doing his defensive work. I've seen him do it before too. Yesterday it was about his positioning. He was turning his back on his man and by the time he realized it, he was already gone...
I'm not having a go at his work rate, he does get stuck in pretty well, he does lose some 50-50's, but as his body gets stronger he will win more, and as I said, he will automatically start to get in the right positions during games.
I think that left sided position suits him at the moment, but as of yet I don't think he's built up an understanding with Shaw or Malacia, but for an 18 year old he is certainly outstanding, and bringing him on as an impact sub seems to work well.

RuudTom83

Garnacho has been amazing for United this season, great news his contract seems to be resolved. :devil:

SATA

Seems to me he has a very big ego for one being so young but then, most good and confident players have egos as well. As long as he doesn’t show it publicly, he’ll be fine. Hopefully he’s itching to prove Erik wrong behind closed doors and in training sessions when he’s taken off during matches

Status
Not open for further replies.