6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolarra90

Better than Elanga and Chong but no where near ready. He is giving me the Greenwood vibes, too selfish at times.
Gave 2 fantastic balls to the RW, which happened to be Chong... but in a real game will probably be Sancho. Greenwood would've shot both times, though he might have scored one of them.

Last edited:

Scholsey2004

Anyone else get flashbacks of 18 year old Ronaldo with how he played?
No, Ronaldo's footwork was insanely quick and co-ordinated when he was younger. At times he overdid it but the talent was staggering. Garnacho looks a big talent but within more normal boundaries.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Was an excellent acquisition by the club. We are quick to slate the scouting department but excellent business on this one (our youth scouting has been pretty good for the past 5 years or so to be fair).
Really? On the youth level you mean?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Anyone else get flashbacks of 18 year old Ronaldo with how he played?
I’d say he is somewhere in between Ronaldo and Januzaj at same age. Apparently not as electrifying/talented as young Ronaldo, but he has very good pace, good dribbling snd attack with purpose, so he is better than young Januzaj for me (who was very hyped back then).

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I would like to see him with better players around him, seems to be a great talent. Hopefully he keeps his head down and keeps working hard.

I would not compare him to MG, that was something very special when he came through. Shame about his character

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
No, Ronaldo's footwork was insanely quick and co-ordinated when he was younger. At times he overdid it but the talent was staggering. Garnacho looks a big talent but within more normal boundaries.
I see shades of Giggsy with less slaloming and the hip twisters.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
clip vs Rayo
2:15 8/10 times he goes past our forward.

Exciting player with very good "useful" technique, just needs to improve his decision making. Hope he will be useful this season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Handled it pretty well when he broke into the first team. He was one of our very few bright sparks last season.
I don't agree at all, 3 goals in 27 appearances is a weak return and his all round play was well below par.
Nah come on. Elanga never even set the u23’s alight. Garnacho is a talent equivalent to Greenwood imo.
Yes he did, Elanga was bossing the U23 league before his promotion and had been for a year, he was on something like 0.8 goal contributions per game since he got promoted to the 23s. To suggest Garnacho is as good as Greenwood is crazy. I like the kid but you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you're expecting someone as good as Greenwood, he's nowhere near.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Garnacho would do very well to get to where Januzaj was that breakthrough season under Moyes.
Even that's a pretty high barometer, Januzaj ended up being one of our best players that season.

Big Andy

Bloke
Even that's a pretty high barometer, Januzaj ended up being one of our best players that season.
I seem to remember PSG allegedly offering an obscene amount for him during that season, in hindsight we should've snapped their hands off.

BarstoolProphet

I seem to remember PSG allegedly offering an obscene amount for him during that season, in hindsight we should've snapped their hands off.
Nah, they were sniffing around before he signed his new contract. The offer was for him I think.

Glorio

The same things I see here and other places saying about Garnacho - I saw the same things been said about Elanga last season
Really? Don't remember folks saying much about his first team appearances beyond he looked like he wanted to be there, he was positive, and he definitely deserved to start over his competition (simply because of how his competition was)

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
With it being a friendly yesterday, we didn't have our normal seats and ended up in the corner between SAF stand and East Stand, so had a pretty good view of Garnacho in the first half.

He's absolutely electric, you can see more at the ground than on TV just how quick he is. He was gliding past players and they knew they were beaten straight away.

Regarding his decision making, I think he did fine. He set Chong up for what should have been big chances on a couple of occasions at least. If anything, he should have looked to shoot more, something ETH likes from his wingers. Which, again, means I completely disagree with the idea he's too greedy. He was doing damage and the crowd were encouraging him to go past players every time he received the ball.

I'm not sure how his performance will translate to the PL at this moment, but I'd say he's at least worth a bench place for impact where needed. We are threadbare in attack and he's got to be more likely to do something from the bench than the likes of Elanga.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Garnacho would do very well to get to where Januzaj was that breakthrough season under Moyes.
Although Januzaj has shown a lot of potential during his breakthrough year, I’ve always thought he was quite over hyped back then, he was sort of headless chicken if we judge him on normal standard, just that he was still young and learning most of us fans would thought it’s normal traits of young players and would improve when he mature.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
This kid is fearless with mad drive, we need to keep him here and integrate him into this new team.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Don't want him loaned out, clearly needs to be kept with the team as I think already it's obvious his ceiling is higher than Elanga for me, I'd keep him with Sancho, Rashford, himself and Amad for the wing positions unless we get Antony

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He dribbles like a throwback. Reminds me of Giggs without the hip swivels. He touches the ball so many times as he runs with the ball, like Giggs used to. Kind of pushes it along with the inside and outside of his foot, in stride, rather than actually kick it.

Cant quite find the words to describe it properly.

Walters_19_MuFc

I don't agree at all, 3 goals in 27 appearances is a weak return and his all round play was well below par.
Goals and assists aside, you don't think Elanga did well when introduced to the first team last season? Was he amazing? No, but when you take into consideration that this was an 18/19 year old coming into a very poor side, who quite clearly had problems on and off the pitch, he did well.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Goals and assists aside, you don't think Elanga did well when introduced to the first team last season? Was he amazing? No, but when you take into consideration that this was an 18/19 coming into a very poor side, who quite clearly had problems on and off the pitch, he did well.
It was clear he was not good enough even last season. He did well but being better than Rashford last season was not hard

Walters_19_MuFc

It was clear he was not good enough even last season. He did well but being better than Rashford last season was not hard
I get that, but that's not Elanga's problem. He did what he had to do to stay in the team. Did he have to do an awful lot? No, but again, he did what he had to do and maintained his place in the team.

Tony247

Nah not even close. Greenwood was a generational talent who you could say may break Rooney's record. Garnacho can be good nonetheless.
In my opinion greenwood was levels above his peers in the academy but he never has higher ceiling than that. After 4 years I am sure you will see same greenwood and teams can relatively easily block him.

Garnacho on the other hand seems to have far higher ceiling. Depends how he will be coached but I have high expectations from him.

Remember the geese

I get that, but that's not Elanga's problem. He did what he had to do to stay in the team. Did he have to do an awful lot? No, but again, he did what he had to do and maintained his place in the team.
But Elanga was a 2/10, while Rashford was even worse than that. Elanga started off really well, but got progressively worse as the season wore on. His pre season performances have been poor too.

Walters_19_MuFc

But Elanga was a 2/10, while Rashford was even worse than that. Elanga started off really well, but got progressively worse as the season wore on. His pre season performances have been poor too.
I said he started off well. That was my whole point. Everything after that was dropping to the level everyone else in our team was.

Trex

Garnacho tenacity, pace and low center of gravity negates his small frame. He has that south american fire. He plays football like its war similar to Fred and Martinez. That quality all coaches love, and fans warm to as well. He has great close control for how fast he runs with the ball and he doesn't make shit decisions for how fast he's going. He is going to be a top class player if he continue like this.

Donut

Is Garnacho the one who was almost agreed for the Preston loan? We should really keep him since we have no forward depth, he’d be very useful as a sub against tired legs.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Is Garnacho the one who was almost agreed for the Preston loan? We should really keep him since we have no forward depth, he’d be very useful as a sub against tired legs.
Think you mean Alvaro Fernandez (LB) who did go to Preston just recently

SoCross

Yes he did, Elanga was bossing the U23 league before his promotion and had been for a year, he was on something like 0.8 goal contributions per game since he got promoted to the 23s. To suggest Garnacho is as good as Greenwood is crazy. I like the kid but you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you're expecting someone as good as Greenwood, he's nowhere near.
Agreed. I had high expectations for Elanga based on his performances at youth level but kid was in a sinking ship, performances slowly dipped as did everyone else. But none -including Garnacho - were as good as Greenwood. The only other academy player I had pegged to be as good as MG was Laird, hopefully he'll show it. Was very unfortunate to get injured at the time he did.

Hoping Garnacho is given opportunities this season though at first team level.

Grande

Although Januzaj has shown a lot of potential during his breakthrough year, I’ve always thought he was quite over hyped back then, he was sort of headless chicken if we judge him on normal standard, just that he was still young and learning most of us fans would thought it’s normal traits of young players and would improve when he mature.
No, I agree with AltiUn here. Sure there was immaturity, but regardless, Januzaj was one of our best attacking performers that year. Which was obviously conditional on fitting into Moyes’ game, but still. If Garnacho repeats that friendly 30 times this season, we could perhaps begin talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.