Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Seems like a Greenwood level talent.

I have stopped watching reserve team these days but Mason was head and shoulders above the others technically, I am assuming Alejandro was the same.
Nah not even close. Greenwood was a generational talent who you could say may break Rooney's record. Garnacho can be good nonetheless.

SAF is the GOAT

The same things I see here and other places saying about Garnacho - I saw the same things been said about Elanga last season

GueRed

I have stopped watching reserve team these days but Mason was head and shoulders above the others technically, I am assuming Alejandro was the same.
Greenwood was levels above.

He was exceptional. Potential world class...

Garnacho is still promising. He's coming off a very good season, I hope he continues to progress and grabs every opportunities given to him..
with the right mentality and coaching he can be a very good forward.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
The same things I see here and other places saying about Garnacho - I saw the same things been said about Elanga last season
Yeah the sad thing is this is a common theme on Redcafe which many posters don't learn from.

They overrate these kids to a level they can't reach (Giggs, Ronaldo or even Greenwood comparisons already on this thread) only to slate them in 2 months time when they can't instantly produce this level. For the record, I still have a lot of faith in Elanga to improve.

Robbie Boy

Crazy that he only turned 18 about a month ago. The last 6 odd months must have been amazing for him.

Olecurls99

I didn't think he was ready yet but he proved me wrong today. He looks good enough for the squad. Bags of skill and a good bit of know how too. I was worried about him athletically but by God he's fast enough.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Better than Elanga and Chong but no where near ready. He is giving me the Greenwood vibes, too selfish at times.
Oh not this shite again. It was nonsense with Greenwood and it’s nonsense with Garnacho based on today. There’s a portion of this fanbase who really hate flair and individualism.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
So fecking raw upfront but the talent is there obviously for anyone to see , apparently he was the kid who ten hag got angry over being late, I sincerely hope that he has the right attitude and makes the most of his natural capability under ten hag and doesn't let it rot like so many before him did.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
So fecking raw upfront but the talent is there obviously for anyone to see , apparently he was the kid who ten hag got angry over being late, I sincerely hope that he has the right attitude and makes the most of his natural capability under ten hag and doesn't let it rot like so many before him did.
It wasn't him.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Oh, my knowledge is outdated it seems, why wasn't he playing him in the first place though?
Probably easing him in, there are a couple in front of him from a seniority stand point who EtH wanted too look at first, but of the youngsters I would say he, Iqbal and Savage have been the best of the bunch in-game and will probably be involved with the match-day squads.going forwards.

The others will probably get loans to start the season and the other three will see where they are come January.

AndyMUFC

MOTM today. Obviously still raw but you can't teach that dribbiling and ability to beat players so effortessly or that workrate either. Will be interesting to see what happens with him this season.

MUFC OK

He was one of the brighest talents in Spain IIRC, Elanga was not
Was an excellent acquisition by the club. We are quick to slate the scouting department but excellent business on this one (our youth scouting has been pretty good for the past 5 years or so to be fair).

crossy1686

career ending
He was good today but was easily shown down blind alleys too often when he came up against a decent full back. There's definitely something there though, hope he gets a chance this year

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Probably easing him in, there are a couple in front of him from a seniority stand point who EtH wanted too look at first, but of the youngsters I would say he, Iqbal and Savage have been the best of the bunch in-game and will probably be involved with the match-day squads.going forwards.

The others will probably get loans to start the season and the other three will see where they are come January.
Makes sense, hope to see more of him this coming season.

RuudTom83

He is a confident lad…could get a few minutes this season if he stays fit.

Whenever a wide player goes passed his marker people always get excited and over react to a performance.

Glorio

Really good display today from him, also fought for every ball which is great to see. He reminds me of a young less skilled Ronaldo but with better decision making for his age.
You just described Wayne Rooney

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What do your eyes tell you? Nobody cares what you read

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was one of the brighest talents in Spain IIRC, Elanga was not
Elanga was extremely highly regarded, he was the one of the best players in the academy before he got promoted. He's not handled the step up to first team level but that's football, some sink and some swim.

the_cliff

What's his contract situation ?

How many years does he have left ? Is he signing a new one ? Seems a real talent, would be good to get him on a 5 year contract.

Walters_19_MuFc

Didn't watch the game but judging by the comments, you'd think he was the second coming of Christ. No doubt the same posters will be shitting all over him in 3-5 years time.

Having said all of that, it's nice to hear he had a bright game. Not sure how much game time he'll get this season, but he'll certainly be staking a claim to push for some first team games if he plays at the standard some have said, especially if we don't add to our wing department.

Walters_19_MuFc

Elanga was extremely highly regarded, he was the one of the best players in the academy before he got promoted. He's not handled the step up to first team level but that's football, some sink and some swim.
Handled it pretty well when he broke into the first team. He was one of our very few bright sparks last season.

Mr PG

Nah come on. Elanga never even set the u23’s alight. Garnacho is a talent equivalent to Greenwood imo.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Haven't seen all that much of Garnacho but based on what I have, I don't see it. At least not from an ability/ talent stand point. Greenwood was one of those rare talents we won't see the academy producing for a good while. I haven't seen anyone come though being anywhere near as good (I missed the 90s boat). With the right mentality he'd have been our record goalscorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.