Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Well neither, obviously. I barely know the chap. He offered a level of directness that we haven't always seen from our wide men in recent weeks, I like his confidence and I'd like to see more of him. Probably enough to be going on with at this point, no?
Believe it or not both of those comments came from this thread. I'm not just plucking madness out of thin air or trying to piss on everyone's excitement. Just a bit baffled by the posters who are so extreme so quickly.

I agree with you anyway - he was a refreshing change from Sancho's refusal to go at his full back and was bright and confident all game. Obviously the opposition was a factor but he looked really good.

Drainy

I thought most people were pretty "sure" about Rashford and Greenwood.
Most people weren't very keen on Rashford in u18s. He was a bit undersized and while he had a great reputation from the under ages he only really showed it at u18s in the second years inconsistently.

Greenwood was obvious and impactful immediately and it was clear to all how talented he was.

Garnacho is clearly a talent but nowhere near as rounded as Greenwood.

CSMUFC90

Some noise on twitter saying he starts tonight, hope it’s true!

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Always nice to see a talent like this being slowly integrated into the squad. Think we’ve a lot to look forward to with him.

Real Sociedad 0:1 Man Utd

kundalini

Superb goal. Wasted a few other promising situations by making poor choices. Dangerous cross early on. Disappeared in the 2nd half as team-mates refused to pass him the ball when free.

Erics_Collar

Bruno not pulling any punches about Garnacho in the post match interview, said his attitude in the pre-season wasn't good and that's why he didn't play early in the season.

FriedClams

He was furious with Rashford and rightly so, he had isolated their rb one-on-one and marcus just refused to pass to him.

Idxomer

Don't think he played well apart from the goal and a couple of decent runs in the 1st half.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So pleased for Garnacho to get games and look dangerous. When you think of how little we've been getting from Sancho and Elanga, he was a breath of fresh air. Hung out to dry by Ten Hag's tactical change second half: Had nobody to combine with.

Rake

I thought our play isolated him in the second half. He was often available for pass but neglected.

Took his goal superbly.

Thiagoal

He was our only real outlet in the first half and he linked up well with Shaw and Ronaldo. As others have stated the change of formation totally nullified all our attackers

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He was furious with Rashford and rightly so, he had isolated their rb one-on-one and marcus just refused to pass to him.
Agree with this.
Rashford made the initial move fine, then cut inside and lost the ball, should have dummied to cut inside and slipped Garnacho in down the left, he had their full back for pace.

CM

Looked really good in the first half. A bit less involved after that change of shape in the second but didn't look out of place at all. Hopefully he stays involved in the next few games before the World Cup

Luka Mora

Needs to start every game to get in a rhythm. Much better player than Sancho and higher ceiling

CloneMC16

I couldn't believe that. Absolutely terrible decision by Rashford. He pissed me off basically every time he got the ball.

He was our only player that did anything good in attack all game. He was anonymous in the 2nd half, but the whole team was awful.

saivet

Bruno not pulling any punches about Garnacho in the post match interview, said his attitude in the pre-season wasn't good and that's why he didn't play early in the season.
Quotes here:

LARulz

And Ronaldo did? Bruno needs to stfu and learn to stop being Ronaldo's boy toy
Literally nothing to do with Ronaldo. He wasn't asked about him. Garnacho is an 18 year old kid and Bruno is captain. You want your captain to set standards like that, not just performance but attitude

ETH said the same

Donut

You wonder what the hell he was doing, that our manager and now Bruno have said these things. Being late? Coming in hungover?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You wonder what the hell he was doing, that our manager and now Bruno have said these things. Being late? Coming in hungover?
SOmething something about hookers, drugs, and worshiping satan. But all is forgiven when he starts believe in ten Hag.

Glorio

Maybe the fate of that other promising youngster on the other wing has given our staff and players some form of PTSD. Everyone's probably overly cautious with the promising young uns.

Status
Not open for further replies.