2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Godfather

Don't give two shits about the pen incident. His touch during the game was more concerning.

Mmm-Qatarian

I was hard on the kid during the Wolves game, in hindsight I think excessively so. Honestly, I think we look better with him starting than Rashford; I'd at least like to see him start a few matches to see how it goes.

Just Hope

Any other team than United and the player would be applauded for his shithousery giving an advantage. I for one am delighted some of our players are now starting to play the game we have been subjected to for years.
I recommend reading Angels with dirty faces, it is about about Argentina's football history by Jonathan Wilson.

It points out the idiosyncratic differences between how people understand football in the Rio de la Plata region with a particular focus in Argentina. Basically the most important thing is to win, and the game is played at two levels: the actual football game and the things outside the game itself that can be influenced to gain an advantage. Some people might call it dirty or unsportmanlike, it just comes down to cultural differences.

Just to give you an example, during a Boca vs River game, after two players clashed in a foul a fight took place. One of the players from Boca approached a River player after the alternation that had his back against the ref and told him he just had been expelled. The River player took it upon himself to insult the referee, which ended in his actual expulsion. This was seen by many as an excellent display of playing the game outside the game.

poleglass red

I'm surprised he wasn't grabbed by one of their players, you wouldn't get away with that in a pub league. If you're letting Onana save your penalty, I think it's more to do with your technique and pressure of a last min pk as opposed to any dark arts Garnacho engaged in.

Bwuk

I recommend reading Angels with dirty faces, it is about about Argentina's football history by Jonathan Wilson.

It points out the idiosyncratic differences between how people understand football in the Rio de la Plata region with a particular focus in Argentina. Basically the most important thing is to win, and the game is played at two levels: the actual football game and the things outside the game itself that can be influenced to gain an advantage. Some people might call it dirty or unsportmanlike, it just comes down to cultural differences.

Just to give you an example, during a Boca vs River game, after two players clashed in a foul a fight took place. One of the players from Boca approached a River player after the alternation that had his back against the ref and told him he just had been expelled. The River player took it upon himself to insult the referee, which ended in his actual expulsion. This was seen by many as an excellent display of playing the game outside the game.
I wish we had more shithouses like that in our team.

Oranges038

Any other team than United and the player would be applauded for his shithousery giving an advantage. I for one am delighted some of our players are now starting to play the game we have been subjected to for years.
We need more shithouses/street smart players. But doing that is actually a bookable offence if the ref sees it.

Nunez was booked for it against Ghana last year.

I think Torres did it against Utd years ago, Rooney missed the penalty and there was talk of people wanting him retrospectively banned afterwards, because the ref missed it.

Marwood

Can't say I'm a fanof his antics on the pen spot. Call it what you like, it's cheating. Feels the very opposite of Bobby C.

Stick your chances away and no need to cheat.

Hoof the ball

Not good, not good at all tonight. No understanding with the left back.
I struggle with Garnacho sometimes. There are moments when I see the elite level potential in him, and then there are a lot of other times when I convince myself that he lacks fundamental traits to truly become great. I like his aggressiveness in dribbling, but I don't like his avoidance of trying to play passes forward and centrally to create different attacking angles. I just wish he wouldn't be so content square passing and relying on shifting the ball back.

KjaAnd

At the moment, he’s no better than Januzaj was. He lacks acceleration and intelligence. I really hope he improves but I have my doubts.

Red Rash

Poor game but he is young and our biggest prospect. The team around him was dreadful so he didn't stand much of a chance anyway.

edgecutter

Young lad who finally gets a start after a long time on the bench doesn't play well, it happens. Hopefully he'll get it together soon

AndySmith1990

Honestly if I were his agent or family I would've advised him to continue his career at a club that isn't rotten to the core

Maureen-yo

Showed why he isn’t relied upon to start games despite calls for him to displace Rashford in the starting XI every week.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Was slightly better in the second half but that’s not saying much. Seems absolutely everything he tried on the first half failed miserably. Plus his tracking back was poor. Livramrnto proper dominated him tonight.

LittleKingCeadd

Can’t help but think another one as soon as a big contract is signed, seems to think they have made it…

RedIan

Newcastle's fullback played him well. Garnacho needs a bit of space to play well and he didnt get any tonight. At least he looks interested unlike Rashford

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Still better than Rashford has played recently. I'd like to see him start with Hojland as he actually looks to cross.

ROFLUTION

He rarely performs when starting. All his good performances has been when he’s subbed on against tired legs/unorganized teams. He needs space to thrive, just like Rashford does.

It’s probably a mix of him being young and that we’re not quick enough as a team to pass him in areas where he gets space to show his skills.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We've managed to rob Garnacho of his youthful exuberance. Didn't look a threat at any point tonight. In fairness to the kid, the snail's pass at which we played meant Newcastle had time to get people around him every time he got the ball. But still, the spark weren't there.

T Red

Another one with all the hype.

He's got some great potential, but clearly he too is void of football intelligence. If I run the club, an IQ test would be the first thing that must be done before any player puts pen to paper.

We are shockingly riddled with very thick players.

AFC NimbleThumb

He’s been mainly crap all season long. Second season syndrome in full effect. And by crap I mean even worse than Rashford. Because that’s the truth. An unpopular truth but there you go.
This./

I’m not going to act like the boy has no talent, he quite obviously does but if you were to rank Garnacho-Greenwood-Januzaj for talents Garnacho is a distant 3rd in terms of impact once reaching the 1st team.

The demands for him to start ahead of Rashford have no basis on performance. He’s shown no ability to start games at first team level consistently.

redshaw

A good sub against a tired team, looks lost when starting sadly.

Last edited:

Strelok

He’s been mainly crap all season long. Second season syndrome in full effect. And by crap I mean even worse than Rashford. Because that’s the truth. An unpopular truth but there you go.
Nah he's basically the same imo. Our problem is we can't create space because our system hasn't been working.

Imo the truth is Rashford is also the same Rashford last season, minus the confidence. Both are having the same issue. Space and confidence.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Nah he's basically the same imo. Our problem is we can't create space because our system hasn't been working.

Imo the truth is Rashford is also the same Rashford last season, minus the confidence. Both are having the same issue. Space and confidence.
He hasn’t though. Crap and all as Rashford has been he’s created at least some chances in recent weeks, with two decent passes into the box. Once for Hojlund, once for McT. Garnacho has created literally not one chance.

Rashford has also made it to the byline a few times and played a couple of decent passes to overlapping fullbacks. Garnacho has done none of the above.

This is not intended as Rashford praise but Garnacho has definitely been worse.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He hasn’t though. Crap and all as Rashford has been he’s created at least some chances in recent weeks, with two decent passes into the box. Once for Hojlund, once for McT. Garnacho has created literally not one chance.

Rashford has also made it to the byline a few times and played a couple of decent passes to overlapping fullbacks. Garnacho has done none of the above.

Umm, Brentford anyone?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Probably because Garnacho has played total of 135 minutes in just last 4 games, while Rashford in comparision has played 289 minutes, more than twice.

Not praising Garnacho either, he is in bad form, but considering how much we play on moments and random football, more minutes would definitely mean more involvement. Btw, our best attacking football in last two months or so was against Copenhagen after Garnacho has been brought on the pitch. Make of that what you want.

Strelok

It's because Rashford is better than Garnacho. You can see our wingers always have to face at least 2 defenders whenever they're near the ball. Garnacho doesn't look slower, or worse on the ball. Imo he hasn't regressed and is still the same player. It's just we can't create space for both anymore unlike last season when we could create situational numerical advantage and hence the space for them.

It's very difficult for a winger to beat multiple defenders sitting deep in a low block. Unless you're prime Messi. Tbh imo even if we sign Mbappe now he'd struggle too.

Godfather

Not sure Garnacho has been worse than Rashford but man he's been poor. He really needs to start performing

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Yep. He works a bit harder than Rashford, but his quality has been even worse so far this season. From memory he had one good appearance off the bench but otherwise he's been poor pretty all season.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Cannot do a thing right at the moment unfortunately.