2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

hobbers

He's a nothing player let's be honest. Dime a dozen quick winger with little ability.

Elanga with a silly haircut.

spiriticon

Not sure what happened between preseason and the 1st game of this season.

It's like the game suddenly got too serious and he immediately surrendered.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
People are so reactionary, he's the next best thing or he's awful, usually the truth is in the middle.

He isn't getting the right service and as a kid is making wrong decisions, he knows he has to impress or do something or it's back to the bench so he's forcing it at times unfortunately, he is young and learning but he does seem to work hard and has great pace and we've seen a great shot, let's support him and see how he develops, I'm hopeful.

Conor

He was up against a very good, quick fullback. In those situations the whole team needs to operate well to create some spaces for him, not that he played well, but it was a tough ask.

STYLOISRED

The boy needs serious coaching on how to size up a defender from a standing position but it's obvious he is not getting it. When in motion his agility is clear and enables him to dribble. But to be able to pry open a defensive shape needs consistent coaching and practise.

STYLOISRED

He was up against a very good, quick fullback. In those situations the whole team needs to operate well to create some spaces for him, not that he played well, but it was a tough ask.
The most memorable sequence yesterday was a passage of play where he passed the ball to Regulion and then proceeded to hug the touch line while Regulion tried to cut in. If anybody needed evidence of clear lack of coaching in this team, that sequence was it! Ultimately Regulion couldn't do anything meaningful with the ball once he cut in to his right foot and just passed it back.
That sequence is stuck in my brain because it's just a rudimentary piece of coaching. Winger moves into the box to create overload and occupy a defender while fullback moves into the space on the line to either cross or play a diagonal pass. Rudimentary coaching!

Last edited:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The most memorable sequence yesterday was a passage of play where he passed the ball to Regulion and then proceeded to hug the touch line while Regulion tried to cut in. If anybody needed evidence of clear lack of coaching in this team, that sequence was it! Ultimately Regulion couldn't do anything meaningful with the ball once he cut in to his right foot and just passed it back.
That sequence is stuck in my brain because it's just a rudimentary piece of coaching. Winger moves into the box to create overload and occupy a defender while fullback moves into the space on the line to either cross or play a diagonal pass. Rudimentary coaching!
If only we had someone with your coaching brain in charge rather than this random ETH bloke we got off the street mate

Drizzle

He's a nothing player let's be honest. Dime a dozen quick winger with little ability.

He's better than Elanga, come on.

But he's not going to be a world class player, that's obvious, or anything near. He's a good young player but the hype and hope around him reflects our desperation as a fanbase rather than the reality of the player

Eric_the_Red99

But he's not going to be a world class player, that's obvious, or anything near. He's a good young player but the hype and hope around him reflects our desperation as a fanbase rather than the reality of the player
The fact that he isn’t Rashford seems to be enough for a lot of people

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

I'm not sure how that is obvious this early

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Rudimentary is the right word. I mean, we regularly see the complete opposite examples on a top level. Look at how Hakimi & Dembele play at PSG (Hakimi usually attacks the inside right channel while Dembele keeps the width). Same is true for Zinchenko at City & Arsenal or Cancelo at City & Barca. Criticizing fluidity and interchangeable tactical roles is... weird?

luke511

He’s 19 :lol:

TrailMonkey

I like him. He's young and raw, therefore he's going to make mistakes, but there's potential in there for sure.

Put him in City's team in place of Foden or Grealish and he'd have a much better opportunity to showcase his ability because i) his side have 70-80% of possession, and ii) his team mates have intelligence and mobility. Unfortunately he's playing in shit side that can't keep the ball, don't show for the ball, don't make enough of the right runs, and look like they've checked out for the season.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
If only we had someone with your coaching brain in charge rather than this random ETH bloke we got off the street mate
i reckon if we were decisive for once and got rid of hag then @STYLOISRED might still consider taking the job on.

klsv

This is why the "just play the kids, they can't be worse!" take is so stupid. A very talented youngster scores a few goals as a sub, becomes a messiah in few eyes. Fans demand him to start games. Throw him on the pitch for a full game when everyone around him are struggling. Now he struggles too. Now we write him off. He's shite.

tomaldinho1

Low quality post. Kid is 19, lots of room for improvement but needs hands on coaching like anyone. Case in point was last night, he caused the first goal through a bad decision. Reguillon had overlapped Livramento for an easy pass but Garnacho decided to take him on. Not only is it just a silly decision when an easy pass is on but, when the player that's gone past you is the LB who covers behind you, it calls into question is he doing that in training and if he is, is he getting bollocked for it. Decision making throughout the team is off but we look worse than we are because the individual errors at the top of the pitch just let teams have so many chances to run at our makeshift midfield.

Drizzle

I'm not sure how that is obvious this early
It's obvious to me, but I could be wrong.

I just don't see anything amazing from him. His dribbling is decent, nothing special. He's nippy but not particularly rapid and he doesn't seem to have the physicality to sustain sprints or hold off defenders. He's good at attacking the area when he's turned at the defender and has a bit of space to work with. Decent finishing. Nothing special in terms of distribution or creativity.

I just don't see the raw materials. But he is playing for a dysfunctional team and without a top fullback behind him, and he's young, so hopefully he'll improve massively in the next 2 or 3 years.

hobbers

Low quality post. Kid is 19, lots of room for improvement but needs hands on coaching like anyone. Case in point was last night, he caused the first goal through a bad decision. Reguillon had overlapped Livramento for an easy pass but Garnacho decided to take him on. Not only is it just a silly decision when an easy pass is on but, when the player that's gone past you is the LB who covers behind you, it calls into question is he doing that in training and if he is, is he getting bollocked for it. Decision making throughout the team is off but we look worse than we are because the individual errors at the top of the pitch just let teams have so many chances to run at our makeshift midfield.
He doesnt have the raw ingredients to be a top player. Ball control is poor, dribbling is pretty bad and that's hardly going to improve with age.

He can run fast and has a decent shot. Havent seen anything to differentiate him from the likes of Elanga and Dan James.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
This is why the "just play the kids, they can't be worse!" take is so stupid. A very talented youngster scores a few goals as a sub, becomes a messiah in few eyes. Fans demand him to start games. Throw him on the pitch for a full game when everyone around him are struggling. Now he struggles too. Now we write him off. He's shite.
A good summary.

Dr. StrangeHate

Keep him as a sub to come on and terrorise defences in the last 30 mins for now. He performs that role fairly well, over time I am sure he will grow into a starter.

tomaldinho1

He doesnt have the raw ingredients to be a top player. Ball control is poor, dribbling is pretty bad and that's hardly going to improve with age.

He can run fast and has a decent shot. Havent seen anything to differentiate him from the likes of Elanga and Dan James.
We have a very different eye... ball control and dribbling are probably what I'd say are two of his best qualities given his age, he's not as fast as either of those two players either. How many 19 year old would be good enough to start for us, not many.

I'd categorise him as having very good dribbling speed, good acceleration and he seems a tenacious fecker. You can see contrasting this season to last that he's also not shirking the harder yards off the ball which is nice to see - especially as other players seem to trail off after getting big contracts. Technically he's very advanced in my mind, he can receive the ball in most situations and he's not losing it usually due to bad touches, he's still making some errors (the one I highlighted and the overhit dribble when he was through on goal the other day) but I believe he has all the ingredients to be a top LW without being world class. I think he lacks the outright speed for that. Decision making comes with coaching.

If we play the way we are playing now though, direct and long - he should be sold or moved on because you really have to have outright rapid pace in my opinion for that system.

STYLOISRED

Rudimentary is the right word. I mean, we regularly see the complete opposite examples on a top level. Look at how Hakimi & Dembele play at PSG (Hakimi usually attacks the inside right channel while Dembele keeps the width). Same is true for Zinchenko at City & Arsenal or Cancelo at City & Barca. Criticizing fluidity and interchangeable tactical roles is... weird?
Attacking the channel in transition and the fullback cutting into his weak foot while the winger stands behind him are two totally different things. One of our chances yesterday resulted from Dalot using the inside channel to receive a pass from Antony.
I wish I could somehow get a hold of that passage of play so you could see my point. Garnacho just stands behind him when a simple run into the box to draw a defender would have maybe given the fullback space to move the ball into his stronger foot. I'm not claiming to be some tactical mind but there are things that we all see that are obvious.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
This kid has a bright future, but he still has a lot to learn. Newcastle's first goal, Dalot will take a lot of heat for being lazy in his marking of Amrobat. But it all starts with Garnacho. I have no problem with a winger trying to take on their man. The problem was that Reguilon was overlapping at the time. As soon as his LB starts to overlap, he shouldn't try to take on his man. His man would have had to either go with Reguilon's run, or stay with Garnacho. If he stays, then the pass is on. If he goes with Reguilon, then Garnacho can cut in. Either way, the absolute worst thing Garnacho can do in that moment is lose the ball because as soon as he does, his LB is out of position. As stated, Dalot should have cut that off, but it all started with this poor passage of play from our LW'er

MattofManchester

Really grew into the game over time. Should get to start again. Stick Rash on the right for now. It's not too bad, given our options would be Rashford or no RW at all.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
One of the few players who goes again and again and causes issues. He also doesn’t just look to cut in and shoot but also go wide and cross. He’s inconsistent within the game, but overall is usually a net positive. That isn’t the case with Rashford who when he plays bad is always a net negative.

Superunknown

Needs games. He also needs to have balance in the side, and it's not balanced when he is on one side and Antony is on the other. Eriksen didn't do a good job of supporting him today with his passing.

Played well and was one of the MOTM along with Maguire. He's only going to get better if the players around him elevate their game, too.

lex talionis

Not his best day but Garnacho did far more in this one match than our starboy Rashford has all season.

RuudTom83

He got better later in the game. Good Lad!

Him and Maguire were solid today.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It took Garnacho a long time to get up to speed but by the end he was fully in his stride. We badly needed it too cos we're just not getting the service from wide that we need.

luke511

Not his best day but Garnacho did far more in this one match than our starboy Rashford has all season.
I think it was on a work rate perspective, compared to last season where he was a passenger off the ball.

Walters_19_MuFc

As with Pellistri, nothing special but he kept going. Kept trying to make things happen. He was definitely our liveliest player in the final third.

El Jefe

I think we overrate him to be honest. He's not as fast or skilful as he appears and I think that's part of why he plays better off the bench.

He's a good player though but I don't think he's a super talent. I think at the club we're always desperate to anoint someone as the new star.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
For the first 70 or so minutes he played like he has been all this season. Working a bit harder than Rashford, but his quality being even worse. Looked a lot better in the last 20 minutes or so though, was really starting to drive us forward.