g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Alejandro Garnacho image 17

Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

El Jefe

New trend I’ve noticed is because Rashford isn’t well liked at the moment is to pretend like Garnacho hasn’t been shite too.

He’s been extremely ineffective as a starter and offers very little. He doesn’t actually contribute anymore than Antony or Rashford based on games this season but no one wants to say it.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

New trend I’ve noticed is because Rashford isn’t well liked at the moment is to pretend like Garnacho hasn’t been shite too.

He’s been extremely ineffective as a starter and offers very little. He doesn’t actually contribute anymore than Antony or Rashford based on games this season but no one wants to say it.
I thought he was our best player vs Fulham. He put in a stronger performance than Rashford and Antony have all season. Whilst he was ineffective today, he still deserves to start over Rashford vs Everton.

Velvet Revolver

lack of confidence at the moment, the 1-1 chance he had would have gone in last season as a first time hit

El Jefe

I thought he was our best player vs Fulham. He put in a stronger performance than Rashford and Antony have all season. Whilst he was ineffective today, he still deserves to start over Rashford vs Everton.
I don’t think he offers us much and would prefer Rashford on the left still. We’re better off trying to retrain the younger player in his unnatural position than Rashford who is already what he is.

Garnarcho barely crosses aerially and misses big chances, these are the criticism Antony and Rashford get.

His ability to beat his man and give defences problems when driving at them are his biggest assets but he’s been a tame threat to opposing fullbacks in my opinion.

Rashford is the one with the ability to turn our season around not Garnacho.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I appreciate his attitude, he knows what's needed. His reaction after he missed that big chance and when he was taken off is illuminating, he's not here to "live the life." He's worth preserving with and then some.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hes a kid so can definitely come good, but God was he shite today. He's been crap infront of goal all season.

antsmithmk

Hates women.

Agreed based on today's performance. Both he and Rashford had shockers today but I would say at least Garnashers tried today. Both our wide attackers need help from the full backs which they don't seem to get. The sooner Shaw gets back the better.

Shark

@NotShark

Rashford is what, 26? has just signed a new contract, and is supposed to be one of our most experienced and dangerous attackers vs a 19 year old kid that's underperforming in a side with basically no leaders or anyone that takes any responsibility, has still displaced him in his natural LW position. That speaks volumes.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Rashford played double minutes this season, and even Antony who was away for entire month played 90 minutes more, so maybe it's that why people don't compare them. Also he didn't have single garbage performance like Rashford and Antony had continually.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Rashford was comfortably his superior today. By quite a margin. Not a hope in hell of him starting ahead of Rashford and I think the Antony cameo today means he’ll also get the nod ahead of Garnacho vs Everton.

Garnacho needs to get back to doing the one good thing he has done this season. Making an impact off the bench.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I don’t think he offers us much and would prefer Rashford on the left still. We’re better off trying to retrain the younger player in his unnatural position than Rashford who is already what he is.

Garnarcho barely crosses aerially and misses big chances, these are the criticism Antony and Rashford get.

His ability to beat his man and give defences problems when driving at them are his biggest assets but he’s been a tame threat to opposing fullbacks in my opinion.

Rashford is the one with the ability to turn our season around not Garnacho.
Spot on.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Rashford was comfortably his superior today. By quite a margin. Not a hope in hell of him starting ahead of Rashford and I think the Antony cameo today means he’ll also get the nod ahead of Garnacho vs Everton.

Garnacho needs to get back to doing the one good thing he has done this season. Making an impact off the bench.
I'd say Rashford had a 5/10 performance today and Garnacho had a 4/10. But Garnacho had a 7/10 vs Fulham a week ago, which is more than we've seen from Rashford for months (probably Forest in August). Plus it would be beneficial to put faith in Garnacho before the Galatasaray game when Rashford is suspended.

Baxquux

Was he? A decent pre-assist aside and getting in position to miss the sort of chance certain people have berated Hojlund for not putting away, he was pretty insipid. Garnacho at least tried to cause his opposing full back some problems, as well as making runs behind.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Was he? A decent pre-assist aside and getting in position to miss the sort of chance certain people have berated Hojlund for not putting away, he was pretty insipid. Garnacho at least tried to cause his opposing full back some problems, as well as making runs behind.
Yes, definitely. The cross Hojlund almost converted with his hip, the volleyed corner that almost turned into an OG and the driven cross we eventually scored from. As well as some nicely weighted passes that Mount and Reguilon created pullbacks from.

Him and Garnacho both missed chances. Garnacho’s was marginally easier IMO. What else did Garnacho do that would match the examples above? Because he definitely made a lot of the poor decisions and dribbles down blind alleys that Rashford usually gets crucified for.

Borninthe80ts

I feel a bit for Garnacho. He is still young and learning but the expectations on him are that of an older player for me. As well as he played in the youth cup win, his elevation to the first team came quicker than I was expecting. Not to say he isn’t talented but I didn’t think he was mature enough for the first team. However he started with a bang and now has dipped in form.

I hope the match going crowd gives him the support he needs at the min, and patience is shown. It’s weird as the caution that was being shown in the Mainoo thread I don’t see extended to Alejandro. To me he is still an impact player and has to earn his way into the team. Poor performances are to be expected.

Mainoldo

Tidy potential but he definitely isn’t no Mason Greenwood so I wouldn’t be getting too excited as a fan.

Oranges038

Rashford is what, 26? has just signed a new contract, and is supposed to be one of our most experienced and dangerous attackers vs a 19 year old kid that's underperforming in a side with basically no leaders or anyone that takes any responsibility, has still displaced him in his natural LW position. That speaks volumes.
Rashford is only on the right because the right wingers are either playing shite or injured. Other than that he'd be on the left with Garnacho being an impact sub.

I really don't see any reason why the 3 up top, particularly the 2 widemen can't dovetail and swap positions during the game. This nonsense that they have to stick to the left or right does my head in. They are professional footballers they are obviously going to be better on one side but they should still at least be more than functional in the other positions.

crossy1686

career ending
You know like Grealish is a good footballer because he's a bit thick and doesn't really have the scope to take in the magnitude of things? Garnacho is like that but he's just a bit thick without the singular focus to just play football.

RedUnited86

The truth is that neither Garnacho or Rashford are the answer going forward.

Mainoldo

You know like Grealish is a good footballer because he's a bit thick and doesn't really have the scope to take in the magnitude of things? Garnacho is like that but he's just a bit thick without the singular focus to just play football.
Garnacho actually reminds me of a young green Grealish. Very similar in style at the same age.

SAF is the GOAT

imo he doesn't create or assist a lot and he needs to develop that skill if he wants to be a top winger

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What an odd post to make.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Why are you rolling your eyes mate?
Two reasons. First of all, I find the obsession with Greenwood from some of our fans a bit grim. But mainly because there’s absolutely no way of knowing who has the more potential based on their performances so far but I reckon the player who hasn’t had a lengthy enforced absence due to behaving like a scumbag is more likely to have a successful career.

Mainoldo

Two reasons. First of all, I find the obsession with Greenwood from some of our fans a bit grim. But mainly because there’s absolutely no way of knowing who has the more potential based on their performances so far but I reckon the player who hasn’t had a lengthy enforced absence due to behaving like a scumbag is more likely to have a successful career.
That’s the flight you need to get off. The I have a personal issue with Mason Greenwood flight. I bet you don’t harness this sort of energy to anyone else who’s done wrong in life currently right now.

It doesn’t take a genius to see Garancho is nowhere near the talent of Greenwood. So for those who might believe we are potentially in for a treat of a new world beater. They might want to tone it done abit and hope this kid can turn out half decent. Might save us some money but more than likely we will need spend money in his position for someone a lot better.

tomaldinho1

imo he doesn't create or assist a lot and he needs to develop that skill if he wants to be a top winger
This part should be what gives people hope though, he's getting into good positions but the decision making is still on the selfish side. Even Hojlund's 2nd goal vs Copenhagen he should probably have just rolled it across goal to the back post but got lucky that his shot was spilled into Hojlund's pass.

The worry is our team has this kind of frantic energy on the pitch in attacking situations, there are a lot of selfish players and whilst you kind of expect your 9 to be very selfish, I feel almost every player we have has the first priority to try and shoot and is always heads down, not really looking for the pass. Is ETH bollocking them in training when they shoot if an easy pass is on? Football is really simple when players start just making good decisions and whilst there are some who probably are the finished article - Bruno at 29 is probably not going to change his game a lot, Rashford has grown up in counter attacking systems and it will be hard to completely change what he is - you have to hope the younger players like Antony, Garnacho, Hojlund, Amad etc. will develop into players who have a bit more vision/awareness in offensive situations.

Marwood

Not too worried about his finishing. Upto the last few games it's actually been very impressive how he's taken his chances for a young lad.

He just needs time to physically become a grown man. A functioning team around a young player always helps as well.

Bobski

One of the greatest goals ever, and I don't think that is hyperbole.

Would really like to see him and Utd develop his all round game, because at the moment the pair of Rashford and Garnacho are shockingly one dimensional. We can point at the midfield but our attackers don't give us the chance to build attacks, it is all transition and head down and run.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
However his career pans out he'll always have this moment to be remembered by, people will still be watching that goal decades from now.