g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Alejandro Garnacho image 17

Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Aint gota Kalou

His attitude is great even when things aren't going his way. Always tries and keeps his head up

Sgreddevil

He deserves to keep the starting spot. Rashford needs to come back as sub and fight for the starting place again. It should not be given back to him automatically.

STYLOISRED

I think we overrate him to be honest. He's not as fast or skilful as he appears and I think that's part of why he plays better off the bench.

He's a good player though but I don't think he's a super talent. I think at the club we're always desperate to anoint someone as the new star.
He is not really a skillful winger (skillful wingers are a hard to find nowadays as football in the academies become more and more about structure and tactical intelligence) but he is effective in that he knows how move with and without the ball (Salah is the best example of this type of winger). He is 20 though so he needs alot of support because he won't excite fans by megging defenders but by carrying the ball into dangerous positions and making good decisions in the final third

Ibi Dreams

As well as being our main attacker today, he was tracking back well too. Made some good challenges around our penalty box. Solid game from someone we really shouldn't have to be relying on

Swiss_Red89

Our best player today imo. Always tried to make things happen, very good workrate.
Unlucky to not start the game with an assist as well.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Grew into the game and seemed like our only player capable of dribbling past opponents. Has to keep his starting spot for the next couple of games now. I'm excited to see what he's like after a few consecutive starts.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's actually like what Rashford used to be when he was younger.

Red00012

Needs to get game time , good work rate still raw but can produce moments unlike the party animal who can sit on the bench with Antony for a few weeks

Ballache

Supports
Martial
His best performance so far this season and probably our most threatening player. Needs to keep his place against Copenhagen but that won't happen.

city-puma

He is not really a skillful winger (skillful wingers are a hard to find nowadays as football in the academies become more and more about structure and tactical intelligence) but he is effective in that he knows how move with and without the ball (Salah is the best example of this type of winger). He is 20 though so he needs alot of support because he won't excite fans by megging defenders but by carrying the ball into dangerous positions and making good decisions in the final third
True. Messi is an exception. Should not expect him being Messi. Garnacho has something really special, his sense of moments. At this time, his further development is still hard to predict but people tend to forget his age.

Abraxas

Best player on the pitch today. Showed class on the ball. Deserves to keep that spot in the upcoming fixtures.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I think we overrate him to be honest. He's not as fast or skilful as he appears and I think that's part of why he plays better off the bench.

He's a good player though but I don't think he's a super talent. I think at the club we're always desperate to anoint someone as the new star.
Yeah I've always said his best comp is Martinelli. Excellent ball carrier and classic take on winger with great pace, but not some superstar Vini Jr/young CR7 type. Which is fine!

STYLOISRED

True. Messi is an exception. Should not expect him being Messi. Garnacho has something really special, his sense of moments. At this time, his further development is still hard to predict but people tend to forget his age.
Yes. Players like him are wierd and their development is difficult to track. I had the same view of Ansu Fati when he broke through at Barca. They have good movement and so many tend to forget that they are very young players. The aspect of his game which needs to improve is being able to maintain coordination while playing at the speed he likes to play (again, Salah is a perfect example of that kind of player). You can see many times that he tries to do something but it just doesn't come off and I think that's because he is still getting used to adult football where marking is more coordinated. I have no doubt that he will be a top player if he doesn't suffer any serious injury setbacks.

kundalini

Reasonably content with Garnacho's performance. Stupid back heel then wild challenge to get booked. One shot that was deflected then saved. Took on his man and looked to get crosses in. Should have done better with the cross early in the 2nd half that the keeper tipped, as Hojlund was in a decent position had the cross been in the space between defence and keeper. Key passes for several United shots. Best moment was the non-assist for McTominay's non goal, thanks to Maguire being offside.

SAF is the GOAT

The kid really needs to start create more especially for the strikers. Hojlund is starving in this team because no one is creating any chance for him. Alejandro really needs to cross the ball or link up a lot with Rasmus.

city-puma

Garnacho’s development has been really good so far. The game against Fulham, you just feel he is definitely ready and able to start. The sense of moments is always there. You just feel he is always in the game. It has been a significant progress compared with the start of this season.

flameinthesun

Garnacho’s development has been really good so far. The game against Fulham, you just feel he is definitely ready and able to start. The sense of moments is always there. You just feel he is always in the game. It has been a significant progress compared with the start of this season.
Think he really needs to be given a run of starts whether on the left or the right. The maturity in his game will only be ironed out by starting games. Ten Hag needs to make a decision on starting him. He's not as talented as Cristiano but like when he first joined, he needs to play consistently to develop his game.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
For once the FA have made a sensible decision, the Gorilla emoji tweet is done and dusted with no action to be taken

FC Copenhagen 4:3 Man Utd

chris123

Growing up before our eyes. Really mature performance.

Think this is what Erik anticipated him looking like when he started him that first game but it was clearly slightly too soon.

MattofManchester

It's amazing anyone in our frontline has a good game, since everyone behind them is a calamity. Played well tonight. Deserves to hold down that left side.

klayton88

Really mature performance. Can be proud of himself tonight. Worked his socks off.

Oscar Bonavena

Thought AG was excellent tonight, even down to 10 men. And against Fulham too. Hopefully he's now starting to prove that he can play well when starting games, not just off the bench.

Socratic

Probably his best full game last night, sensible in possession and showed his strength on a number of occasions. Put a proper shift in and done everything you want out of a winger. Been a long time since we seen this out of whoever we lined up at LW/RW.

Garnacho at LW as the dangerous forward to supplement Hojlund and Pellistri on the right as the orthodox wideman firing crosses into the CF would generate dividends imo. Neither slow the game down, have superb feet, and both have great work ethic. Should have been given #7 rather than Mount this season and hope we sort the club out before Madrid come calling for him.

ZainCRse7en

He was good but that fingers to the lips and riling up the opposotion fans when bruno scored is embarassing, even more so now that we have lost.

Just like Maguire cupping his ears, it seems that we just dont have smart players do we?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
He was good but that fingers to the lips and riling up the opposotion fans when bruno scored is embarassing, even more so now that we have lost.

Just like Maguire cupping his ears, it seems that we just dont have smart players do we?
Jackson did the same thing against Spurs the other day. Kinda strange, it’s not like these players are targeted by the crowd. Wonder why they did that.

Man Utd 1:0 Luton Town

Bobski

Some good positive moments, then some bad choices and times when he looked very lightweight. We get very little creativity for others from our wide players.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Garnacho has gone off the boil. In recent weeks he's messed up two 1v1s when put clean through. I don't know why he's suddenly a shell of the player he was, even a few weeks ago, but I hope he can shake it off.

MattofManchester

Was good in the first half, but like all our strikers, lacked finish.
Second half, he got bullied a bit physically and looked frustrated.

He's young. He'll learn from it.

RedIan

He did ok and had he scored that chance would be getting more praise. He still seems to play better coming on at 60 minutes when the opposition tires. As a starter he seems to fade 2nd half.