View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

crossy1686

career ending
Sometimes you think he's not quite good enough to make it at United, but he'll probably do well somewhere like Spain. Then he does something like that and you're convinced he's going to be a world class player at some point. I guess the key to being a great player is consistency, let's hope he develops that part of his game this season to be more reliable.

m1tch

Incredible goal! Didn't think anyone in our squad would be capable of something like that.

Dominos

The goal probably won't get the credit it deserves because it wasn't in a big game or moment, but it might be the best overheard I've seen. The way he has to run away from goal to even get to it and the distance from goal make it very special.

Ronaldo's famous one was in a CL knockout vs Juve, Rooney's a late winner in a derby vs City, Bale CL final vs Liverpool etc. so they'll understandably be viewed more fondly due to the occasion. But this goal was easily as good if not better in terms of pure difficulty and technique.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Garnacho has spurned some easy chances recently, then he goes and scores a chance that most of us couldn't do even in our dreams! Lucky for us the kid has remembered how to hit the back of the net. Our forwards really needed to start pulling their weight. What a way to start doing so, eh? Looked dangerous in general play too, which is really handy given Rashford's continued slump.

Oranges038

The goal probably won't get the credit it deserves because it wasn't in a big game or moment, but it might be the best overheard I've seen. The way he has to run away from goal to even get to it and the distance from goal make it very special.

Ronaldo's famous one was in a CL knockout vs Juve, Rooney's a late winner in a derby vs City, Bale CL final vs Liverpool etc. so they'll understandably be viewed more fondly due to the occasion. But this goal was easily as good if not better in terms of pure difficulty and technique.
Better than Emre Can's effort that won goal of the season, but barely anyone ever mentions it either, because it was against Watford.

Great goal, absolutely ridiculous to try it from there and for it to come off like that too, superb.

criticalanalysis

Sometimes you think he's not quite good enough to make it at United, but he'll probably do well somewhere like Spain. Then he does something like that and you're convinced he's going to be a world class player at some point. I guess the key to being a great player is consistency, let's hope he develops that part of his game this season to be more reliable.
I wouldn't say he'll looks like he's going to be world class because I don't think his natural ability is quite there but I agree with the sentiment that he does seem to come up with clutch moments just when you think his bottom level is too poor.

However, I like mentality and attitude and I think ETH appreciates that as well. His decision making is the one thing that needs to be improve massively or he could end up like Rashford, which is not necessarily a criticism because that's a really good level to achieve but it's what sets apart a moments player from becoming truly dominant.

It should be said, he's incredibly young so you would think time is on his side but again we just need to look at Rashford, where injuries, managerial changes and just poor development on/off the pitch can stunt growth.

kundalini

Sensational overhead for his goal. Decent attempt just wide from a tight angle from Rashford's decent cross. Poor effort from Dalot's cross late in the first half. Other than that, wasn't great, too many passes straight to an Everton player.

Expected him to destroy Ashley Young, especially after Young got booked quite early on, but it never happened.

Still needs to work on his defensive play; we needed to stop those crosses coming in from the right.

Last edited:

Malone_Post

Goal aside, which was obviously ridiculous and should have goal of the season in the bag already, what impressed me was his defensive work rate. He was getting back and helping Shaw out over and over. Putting in tackles and blocks. It’s the kind of workrate we very rarely see from Rashford anymore.

Raven

Absolutely ridiculous goal, it'll be a while before we see one that spectacular.

NoPace

Surprised to see people saying he didn't defend well, I thought he found a way to break up play a couple of times defensively and was better than Rashford on the other side in that regard. Quiet game apart from scoring the goal of the season, but he also could have gotten Young sent off with a bit more service.

lex talionis

Strange to think the boy at 19 has already scored the greatest goal he will ever score, but it’s quite likely the case that he has.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Unbelievable goal. I was disbelief for about 5 minutes wondering what on earth I had seen.

Sensational overhead for his goal. Decent attempt just wide from a tight angle from Rashford's decent cross. Other than that, wasn't great.

Expected him to destroy Ashley Young, especially after Young got booked quite early on, but it never really happened.

Still needs to work on his defensive play; we needed to stop those crosses coming in from the right.
To be honest I didn’t expect that at all. Garnacho is great at providing a good direct attacking spark but his all round game and consistent technical game makes me unsure of his potential especially when I see him up against a dogged athletic fullback. Although his numbers this season aren’t great he has a way of getting at defences and creating pressure. But if we talk about immaculate technique I.e weaving out of tight spaces, showing lovely balance, showing hightened intelligence / decision making and pin point passing - he has a long way to go.

He obviously had a natural skillset of a very good player but whether that’s the potential of a top player I can’t quite tell yet. What he appear to have is a dogged and unfazed mindset which should hold him in good stead if he deals well with adversity (which will come).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Was Giggs consistent at the same age?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's a bit weird that an Argentinian NT player is idolizing Ronaldo so much.
Granted he's very young. Messi is a bit boring when it comes into celebration though I agree. What can you copy from him...

Jeffthered

The goal and performance against Fulham last season (when he won the game for us with another fantastic goal, the only goal.... ) was when I thought 'we have a player here..'. But he needs coaching (similar to a number of our players..). He needs to simplify his game, Rashford is the same right now... they both get caught in possession too easily, and make the wrong decisions in the last third. That's coaching. Compare Salah, (different class, I know) Saka, now Doku... Kulusevski... these are all more mature players, the way they manage and apply their skillset.Far more effective.

Garnacho would be awesome at Citeh, sorry to say. or with Klopp. ETH.. I don't know. Really don't. But he's a talent, absolutely no doubt about that and he needs to play. Start every game for me. Why not? He's earned it and his confidence must be sky high. We need to build on the energy from Mainoo, Garnacho, Maguire, Shaw. These players make a difference to our team. I trust them far more than many other players, so called 'star' players at that.

Last edited:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Granted he's very young. Messi is a bit boring when it comes into celebration though I agree. What can you copy from him...
His style of play would be good to copy. How he controls the ball and dribbles. Suppose Garnacho being a Red Devil by heart he’s gonna love Ronaldo and watching him play for us while he was growing up.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
His style of play would be good to copy. How he controls the ball and dribbles. Suppose Garnacho being a Red Devil by heart he’s gonna love Ronaldo and watching him play for us while he was growing up.
Garnacho was around 3 years old when Ronaldo left United in his first stint, but no doubt I'm sure he had an influence.

luke511

He was born and raised in Madrid and Ronaldo was a team mate, nothing weird about it.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Unbelievable goal. I was disbelief for about 5 minutes wondering what on earth I had seen.

To be honest I didn’t expect that at all. Garnacho is great at providing a good direct attacking spark but his all round game and consistent technical game makes me unsure of his potential especially when I see him up against a dogged athletic fullback. Although his numbers this season aren’t great he has a way of getting at defences and creating pressure. But if we talk about immaculate technique I.e weaving out of tight spaces, showing lovely balance, showing hightened intelligence / decision making and pin point passing - he has a long way to go.

He obviously had a natural skillset of a very good player but whether that’s the potential of a top player I can’t quite tell yet. What he appear to have is a dogged and unfazed mindset which should hold him in good stead if he deals well with adversity (which will come).
Pretty much echo's my view of him. I think he's Martinelli, not Vinicius. Not technical enough to be truly elite, but if he develops his finishing and passing more can be a quality winger with good production.

Yagami

Good post resistant
That's lovely. Can't help but smile at that. The kid being so cute, Garnacho seemingly being so genuine with him and looking genuinely happy for the kid every time he smiles to the mum after he does/says something cute. Not to mention the mum being a mum!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Garnacho has spurned some easy chances recently, then he goes and scores a chance that most of us couldn't do even in our dreams!
Most of us cant score a tap in in front of a packed stadium.

lex talionis

LW is sorted, without a doubt. Rashford will have to accept his role at RW and we can dispose of both Sancho and Antony and keep Pellistri and Amad in the squad. When Garnacho is out, Rashford can go back to LW.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Garnacho went global with that goal. Footage of different reactions to it from varying broadcasters. South America the most crazy, as always.

What's refreshing is that's the kind of thing schoolkids around the world who follow United will be trying to emulate for weeks/months now. More pity them if they're trying it on anything but grass, mind, but it's a nice thought to think they've been given something that will be part of their childhood memories in the same way as anyone who has tried to copy the gazillion legendary goalscorers we've had here in the past.