View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Orion.

Best pound-for-
pound footballing talent at the club, IMO.

The Hilton

First time he was sent free he shot when he should have passed, but other than that his decision making was generally pretty good. End product still needs work, but if he continues to get his head up for a pass when needed then that's his biggest weakness gone.

Trex

He really should have gotten the 7, I trust Eric's judgment on this however, perhaps he chose to keep him hungry and not complacent?

I'd say he's better, might be my United bias speaking however.
Yeah its your united bias atleast not at this moment. Garnacho is great though, one thing he has over Martinelli is a lower center of gravity which combined with his pace and ability to go either way makes him just electric.
Martinelli at the moment is more polished in terms of output but there's no reason why Garnacho can't catch up.

OrcaFat

I don’t know if he does everything he should do (according to the Rule of Erik) when we’re out of possession but he is irresistible when we are going forward.

Heinzesight

If his progression continues on this trajectory…feck me. Love his attitude and desire to want the ball. Getting his head up more too.

The Purley King

What you notice about him is he dribbled with his head up, analysing the situation.
His decision making is already very good.
Exciting prospect for sure .
If he played for someone else and we wanted to buy him it would be £70m+

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Played very well today. I do wonder if the lineup today suggests that Ten Hag sees him ahead of Sancho.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Played very well today. I do wonder if the lineup today suggests that Ten Hag sees him ahead of Sancho.
He probably already did so last season.

Garnacho makes our attack go alive, a very promising quality for sure.

Chip

Turned 19 a month ago! Another season trending in the right direction, and I'll say he's the biggest talent since Ronaldo without any hesitation.
A shame how MG turned out. Imagine the two of them on the wings in the future...

Only downside is that I fear he's going to want a move to Real or Barca in a few seasons being Argentine/Spanish.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I don’t know if he does everything he should do (according to the Rule of Erik) when we’re out of possession but he is irresistible when we are going forward.
He was really good today defensively, it's one of the main things I noticed as he had a tendency to become a bystander last season during defensive phases, but his work rate today to get back in front of Shaw was top notch.

miked99

Really looking forward to watching his development this season, such an exciting prospect. I think he's going to go up another level

OrcaFat

He was really good today defensively, it's one of the main things I noticed as he had a tendency to become a bystander last season during defensive phases, but his work rate today to get back in front of Shaw was top notch.
I agree. EtH has his specific rules, of course. I don’t know what they are so it’s difficult to know if he’s taking up the right positions, pressing at the right time etc but the improved effort and awareness of defending as a thing he needs to do is quite a big step forward.

I could see him starting a lot of games this year. Rashford can get the odd rest and can play CF sometimes to ease the load on Hojlund. If Hoj slots in okay we’re looking at a more productive front line this season. Mount should get more goals than Eriksen did last year. Antony looks ready to chip in a bit more.

In theory it’s looking good and I think Garnacho adds potency with his speed and instinct for aggressively attacking play. He’s highly attuned to the business of getting the ball into the net without any faffing around.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hard not to, I think? His directness is such an asset and he’s popping up with either a goal or assist more often than not.

saivet

Does anyone else see a similar playing style to Martinelli? Love his dribbling and acceleration.
I think so, I think he has a bit more awareness to his game than Martinelli imo, though think that's an area Garnacho will improve on, in time.

Shark

@NotShark
I was thinking this earlier. Wonder how many seasons we get to keep him before he is poached by Madrid?
Madrid would have to fork out an astronomical fee if he reaches his potential to prize him away. It's not 2009 anymore. When you think about it 80m for Ronaldo even at that time was far too generous.

ShinjiNinja26

Only downside is that I fear he's going to want a move to Real or Barca in a few seasons being Argentine/Spanish.
There’s always a possibility but the one thing that gives me hope is the fact they have Vini Jr on the left already who could hold that position down for years, plus if Mbappe goes there it’s his favoured position as well even though they’d bring him to play striker and Barcelona are an absolute shambles at the moment and I don’t see them fixing things any time soon.

Chip

He was very good. Interesting to see if he'll start vs Wolves.
He has to really - with Rashford as a 9. The only other viable option is Rashford on the left with Sancho as false 9 as Martial is surely not fit to start after no pre-season games.

Garnacho has surely done enough to go with the former option.

BarstoolProphet

Biggest reason to be excited about the upcoming season. Such an entertaining player to watch.

Pronewbie

Peep
I'm as big a fan as most are in this thread but I also saw big concerns about his defensive contribution and also his positioning when we build out from the back. I recall Martinez angrily smashing the ball out of play during the 1st half because Garnacho didn't provide him an outlet.

Hopefully he is the sort who's willing to improve that facet of his game because our system requires that, and he'd be a clear starter then.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Turned 19 a month ago! Another season trending in the right direction, and I'll say he's the biggest talent since Ronaldo without any hesitation.
A shame how MG turned out. Imagine the two of them on the wings in the future...

Barca are washed. They won’t be buying any players that top PL clubs don’t want to sell for a while. And Real already have Vini and Rodrygo, with Mbappé likely following at some point.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
As others have said there is no guaranteed starting spit for him there no matter how good he gets, unless he suddenly becomes able to play on the right.

It is a puzzle what happens when/if he becomes unplayable though. If everyone hits their potential we could have a City situation of having 2 players good enough to want to be first name on the team sheet in 1 position.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Ah well, he has a contract until 2028 and if he keeps improving so much that Madrid want him, and with the way money in football is going, then it'll be £200 million minimum for him.

Walters_19_MuFc

Proper United winger. Gets the ball and goes at his defender. Such an exciting player to watch! He'll certainly be champing at the bit to start more games this season, and it'll be hard for ten Hag to leave him out with performances such as the one against Lens.

SAF is the GOAT

Really needs to learn to use his left foot more

He needs to some times go to the byline and cross it and not always take the ball to his right and have a shot like Marcus and Antony are doing

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I was thinking this earlier. Wonder how many seasons we get to keep him before he is poached by Madrid?
He won't, not in the foreseeable future anyway (within next 8 years or so). Supposedly Madrid would still have Mbappe and Vinicius Junior by that time, 2 of the very best left wing forward in the world playing in the exact same position as Garnacho. Unless they are buying him as 3rd choice LWF, or if they somehow declined sharply forcing Madrid to look for replacement.

But normally speaking, by the time both Mbappe and Vinicius Junior is declining in 9 years later (say at age 32-33), Garnacho could be at his peak of power (age 28), its still possible.

Last edited: