2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Superunknown

He's going to have bad performances as he's still learning. He shouldn't be written off after one performance. However, Sancho looked bright when he came on and Garnacho looked pretty weak throughout when he started. Logic would say that there is sense in swapping those two around and starting with Sancho in the next game with Garnacho as the impact sub.

Sgreddevil

He should always be the impact start until he gets more maturity in his game. I have not really see him performance in those games he started.
Sancho should start the game instead.

kundalini

Absolutely awful performance. First half was just horrible. Even when we had a slight opening, Garnacho would make a poor choice, typically run into traffic, or make the wrong pass. Even helped Wolves start at least one counter-attack with a shocking pass that was intercepted.

KjaAnd

Didn’t do anything right tonight. Just completely overmatched. He’s got a lot of work in front of him if he wants to become a starter.

Valencia Shin Crosses

That was about as bad as he could have possibly played. Further reinforces that he should still be a supersub until he can refine some parts of his game. A more experienced player would have found ways to contribute even if their 1v1 take on's weren't coming off, but he seemed to get pocketed and then started fecking up even the basics.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It was weird. I saw him wince just before kick off when stretching. Then he played the worst I’ve ever seen him. Looked reluctant to run at players.

Eddy_JukeZ

Dreadful.

Not really sure how talented he is compared to other players in his age bracket(or previous players we had in the age bracket too). I think people are jumping the gun hoping he doesn't have his head turned by Real or Barcelona at some point. He's still fairly raw in my view.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He's better off the bench against tiring defenders, and if he doesn't like returning to that role Erik can show him reruns of this game Clockwork Orange-style.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Time is on his side and he's got talent and tenacity, but there's only one way to describe his performance: Abysmal. The whole attacking set up was designed for him to receive the ball wide on the left side with two options forming a triangle, Shaw slightly behind him and Mount just ahead of him, both at the ready to play him in-behind. I doubt he passed the ball more than once to either of them. Head down, always picking the hardest option and always surrendering possession. Rinse and repeat. Under different circumstances, it could have been one of those occasions when we see a player being subbed after half an hour.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It was weird. I saw him wince just before kick off when stretching. Then he played the worst I’ve ever seen him. Looked reluctant to run at players.
Saw that too, looked like he'd tweaked something as he stretched, or he was already carrying an injury. Also looked a little slow on the break, when the is usually rapid.

Oranges038

Pocketed with ease tonight. Expected from a youngster though, he'll learn from it.
Years ago an aging Dennis Irwin pocketed Ronaldo with ease for Wolves. Not comparing Garnacho to Ronaldo, but young wingers sometimes just get outfought and outplayed. It happens.

Semedo will not play like that every game, he's just had a good game while Garnacho was incredibly poor. He'll have better games.

Mitoma will tear Semedo a new one next week.

Last edited:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
That's why people should be calm to claim he's like watching Ronaldo again. He's got great potential but he's got long way to go to be any close to being good enough as a regular starter. Think it was a game off from him but showed some determination so it wasn't all that bad..

pascell

Years ago an aging Dennis Irwin pocketed Ronaldo with ease for Wolves. Not comparing Garnacho to Ronaldo, but wingers sometimes just get outfought and outplayed. It happens.

Semedo will not play like that every game, he's just had a good game while Garnacho was incredibly poor. He'll have better games.

Mitoma will tear Semedo a new one next week.
They do, so people should temper their expectations of him for this season.

Semedo gets torn apart most games, there's a reason why he didn't make it at Barca.

Jeffthered

He was very poor tonight, seemed the occasion got to him. He played without any instinct and that's not what we want from him. But he will be ok, and he will learn from that. So I have no worry about him. He's great, but a poor game.

Just be yourself.

Glorio

Most worrying thing was he couldn't run with the ball. At some point he had space, and 2 defenders caught up to him with ease.

Prior to tonight, at his worst, he still runs with the ball, today Antony was legit faster than him, really odd

Oranges038

They do, so people should temper their expectations of him for this season.

Semedo gets torn apart most games, there's a reason why he didn't make it at Barca.
Yeah he's usually fecking shite. He's was just high on the new manager bounce coke tonight.

Irwin99

He will have a few more games like that. His touch was heavy and just couldn't get anything to work.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Most worrying thing was he couldn't run with the ball. At some point he had space, and 2 defenders caught up to him with ease.

Prior to tonight, at his worst, he still runs with the ball, today Antony was legit faster than him, really odd
Used to being subbed on against tiring defenders with fresh legs.

Not ready to start for me.

Glorio

Used to being subbed on against tiring defenders with fresh legs.

Not ready to start for me.
I know pre-season is a different kettle of fish but he showed enough against Lens (I think it was), which made me think he might be Ok.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Poor game which seems the norm when he starts. Not worried about his potential though

DavelinaJolie

It's this kind of game that left time unconvinced last season, bit he lost the ball with such frequency is was more worrying.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Don’t get how we seem to turn these technically gifted young players towards becoming donkeys. Same happened with Januzaj and others. That performance from him tonight was worse than anything Dan James served up. Hopefully ETH doesn’t stand for letting talent go to waste.

dinostar77

He should always be the impact start until he gets more maturity in his game. I have not really see him performance in those games he started.
Sancho should start the game instead.
Agreed. Its only one game, but i do wonder if he's best coming on around 70min mark when the opposition are tiring. Not a good performance.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Should only be used as an impact sub.

On his day, he is very threatening against slow/tired defenders. But he doesnt make the side balanced at all.

edgecutter

Played like a kid today, and that shouldn't be a stick to beat him with. He'll light up the league this year, but he'll put in stinkers like today occasionally due to his age. Needs time and patience.

Marwood

It's pretty obvious he needs to up his physical levels. Which is fine at 18. Hopefully he's dedicated enough to do that.

Also he looks like a young Nick Nolte. I can't unsee it now.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It's pretty obvious he needs to up his physical levels. Which is fine at 18. Hopefully he's dedicated enough to do that.

Also he looks like a young Nick Nolte. I can't unsee it now.
:lol:

Oh shit, you're right... Garnacho needs a moustache now.