g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Alejandro Garnacho image 17

Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Raven

About as bad a performance as you'll see. It'll take time for him to fill out and be competitive physically which I feel is his biggest weakness.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think it was a night where the fullback had his number on the whole. I wonder why they didn’t consider swapping wings or something

redmanc

a poster implied that fans were saying similar things about Ronaldo back in 2003 as we were about garnacho yesterday
Im still not sure why my quote of my preference to keep Ronaldo over Figo has any relevance here, in 2005 Ronaldo was doing quite well if i recall... but thanks for clarifying.

FriedClams

Im still not sure why my quote of my preference to keep Ronaldo over Figo has any relevance here, in 2005 Ronaldo was doing quite well if i recall... but thanks for clarifying.
it was just to highlight some of the things people were saying. Reading more posts from back then, people were way more convinced about Ronaldo than garnacho

Eric_the_Red99

I think it was a night where the fullback had his number on the whole. I wonder why they didn’t consider swapping wings or something
Garnacho might be ok enough on the right, but I think if you put Antony on the left wing he’d probably keep running straight off the pitch as he’s incapable of turning the other way. Kinda like Zoolander.

pascell

Because he has to learn how to get the better of the defender in these situations, moving him out of that situation won't do anything positive for his development.

Glorio

It wasn't his decision making that let him down the most. It was his technical ability. He was the most dispossessed player on the pitch today with only Rashford rivalling him in unsuccessful touches. Even his passing wasn't great. Look at Shaw's yellow card. That was a direct result of a wayward pass from Garnacho. It was a straight abysmal performance.
This - I don't think his decision making was particularly wrong - it's just a night in which he struggled to do even the things that come naturally to him.
When he made a pass, it wasn't accurate and bobbed all over, when he tried to dribble or shoot, it was frankly messy, and the most puzzling of all was he had no speed on the ball on the night, it seemed to keep getting caught under his feet, and he just looked unbalanced. During the first half, at some point I started to genuinely wonder if he was drunk.

Was an off game, he's much better than what he showed and I still think he's going to be a really impactful player for us this season, whether coming off the bench or as a starter

Glorio

it was just to highlight some of the things people were saying. Reading more posts from back then, people were way more convinced about Ronaldo than garnacho
Is it possible this place was a lot more positive then than it is now after the dark ages the club has endured?

Howl

Is it possible this place was a lot more positive then than it is now after the dark ages the club has endured?
I think there's just a huge difference in talent levels. Ronaldo was very technically proficient whereas, I am not so sure that Garnacho is or definitely isn't at the same level. People probably are more critical these days though which is reflective of society as a whole.

always_hoping

Poor decision making was the main issue for him against Wolves, it happens with teenagers still learning their trade and that game was good lesson for him.

Hoof the ball

I'm noticing just how conservative he is on the ball, dribbling aside.

He heavily favours square and backwards passes. Even in moments of space around him he's hesitant to turn and look for a progressive pass.

I'm not concerned about execution at this point due to his relative inexperience, but I'd like to see him a little more a brave in sliding balls into the feet of an advanced player and playing off him.

Joel Miller

He had a really poor game and nothing really came off for him but I hope he doesn’t let it affect his confidence too much. He was definitely trying too hard at times. He took the wrong option far too often, but that’s pretty common with younger inexperienced players, his decision making will develop with time.

lex talionis

A bit of context is required. Rashford wasn't much of a target for Alejandro and Wolves defended very well. He had a poor game, but no poorer than Rashford and Antony, neither of whom have any excuses for being no-shows. I hate to see him benched after his performance, but given the options ETH has at his disposal I hope he goes with Sancho v Spurs and brings in Garnacho if needed in the second half.

Tottenham 2:0 Man Utd

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
If he's going to start then he's going to have to be held to the same level of scrutiny as everyone else. Two games in a row where he's been shite. Hopefully next game he's back on the bench.

acnumber9

Shouldn’t have started after Monday and shouldn’t be starting next week.

Red_toad

If he's going to start then he's going to have to be held to the same level of scrutiny as everyone else. Two games in a row where he's been shite. Hopefully next game he's back on the bench.
Everyone’s too busy piling in on Antony. They were both very poor, offered very little and poor decision making. Sancho should be taking one of their places.

Sgreddevil

Stop starting him. He is not ready yet. Put Rashford back to his natural LW and let Martial/Sancho be the no 9/false 9.
He genuinely look worse than a sunday league striker at no 9 position. Didn't press much, cannot hold the ball, no key passes and didnt even get a decent shot on goal today.

AndySmith1990

Hope all those people shouting for teenagers to be thrown into the first team and start games, are enjoying his performances

Red00012

He’s an impact sub it’s time to bench him get Rashford out wide and Martial / Sancho up top . It’s not rocket science

lilcurt

He’s an impact sub it’s time to bench him get Rashford out wide and Martial / Sancho up top . It’s not rocket science
Martial/Sancho upfront... That's probably the only option but fecking hell, what happened to the club. Absolute negligence in squad building.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Only games he should be starting are cup games. He’s still too raw and should be used off the bench as a threat because right now all he’s doing is just taking up Rashford’s best position and making us toothless at both left wing and upfront.

Telsim

The lad needs to work on his first touch.

Also, shouldn't be starting. Too much smoke was blown way too early, which is often the case at this club.

Kopral Jono

Decision-making not up to scratch just yet. One of our better players today, though.

SAFMUTD

He definitely shouldn't be starting. Get him subbed in the last 20-30 minutes against tired legs and he'll do his work.

He always runs at people, never thinks about a pass. I am hoping Hojlund will sort out that as Rashford has zero movement. There is never a pass on when he is playing.

kundalini

I thought he started reasonably well, setting up Antony for a shot that was off-target and then having a shot from an angle saved. Decent shot blocked by an arm of a Spurs player but close enough to their body for it not to be a penalty. Gave the ball away cheaply on occasion. Better than against Wolves but still not great.