2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

kundalini

Did really well to intercept pass from their keeper then set up Rashford for our goal. Apart from that, Garnacho was rubbish, tried to attack their right back but with little success, shots weren't up to much either. Still struggles defensively.

El Jefe

Different? Cross the ball, beat his defender on the outside, shot quickly rather than cutting inside to do so.

All things easier to do if you're on your stronger foot obviously.
This isn’t the 90s, the majority of wide players play the position inverted. The only ones who play on the side of their dominant foot are those that have excellent close control or are great crossers two things which Garnacho doesn’t possess.

Marwood

This isn’t the 90s, the majority of wide players play the position inverted. The only ones who play on the side of their dominant foot are those that have excellent close control or are great crossers two things which Garnacho doesn’t possess.
You don't have to be a great crosser to be productive. Half of City's goals are from basic cutbacks.

Neither of our wide men do it because they're always on their weak foot.

always_hoping

One of the few United players that came out of that game with any credit. If only he got the chance to play in a more consistent and less flaky United team.

Fahad Jawaid

I will reiterate what i posted even when he scored twice against Villa, currently he is not good enough for a team who wants to achieve top 4 finish, specially playing as part of the front three.

He is still very raw and needs to develop several important aspects of his game which includes finishing, crossing, general passing and physicality. Plus he has this head down approach on the break, where he never has his head up or tries to find anybody either he tries stupid shots from awkward angles or he ends up losing the ball getting crowded and subsequent fouling in frustration.

You compare his approach play with Amad today, Amad was levels above, his constant pass and move and always in control of the ball, trying to pick people out, which Garnacho is never able to do with ease.

His best use was last season when he was brought on against tired legs to stretch the play. But due to Antony being himself and Sancho not available, he has been played non-stop which should never be the case.

Mike Smalling

I will post what I have before about Garnacho. The problem with him isn’t his talent, effort or attitude - those are all fine. The problem is we are relying on a 19 year old that is still a work in progress and inconsistent, because our squad building is terrible. He should be coming off the bench and starting cup games - not carrying the team.

In Rainbows

I will reiterate what i posted even when he scored twice against Villa, currently he is not good enough for a team who wants to achieve top 4 finish, specially playing as part of the front three.

He is still very raw and needs to develop several important aspects of his game which includes finishing, crossing, general passing and physicality. Plus he has this head down approach on the break, where he never has his head up or tries to find anybody either he tries stupid shots from awkward angles or he ends up losing the ball getting crowded and subsequent fouling in frustration.

You compare his approach play with Amad today, Amad was levels above, his constant pass and move and always in control of the ball, trying to pick people out, which Garnacho is never able to do with ease.

His best use was last season when he was brought on against tired legs to stretch the play. But due to Antony being himself and Sancho not available, he has been played non-stop which should never be the case.
There was an easy pass in the overlap, which would have made it an easy cross for Amad to tap in

Garnacho chose to shoot

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Looked great on the right…

So our genius manager moves him back left.

Not blaming the lad… the manager is awful
We didn't really have any options, unless you want to play Bruno on the left and McTominay at #10.

With both Martial and Hojlund out, we had no choice but to play Rashford at striker. Then with Rashford playing at striker, Martial and Sancho out, we had no choice but to play Garnacho on the left. All of our players that are unavailable just has a knock-on effect through the team in terms of where players have to play.

Also, Villa was literally the first time Garnacho has ever played on the right. Sure he had a good game then, but it's not like we moved him out of position in this match. He played in the position that he's spent his entire career in.

Guapa

Not the finished product yet by a long way.Needs competition for his place while he continues to improve his all round game much like Hojland.These kids are being used to carry a dysfunctional team which isn't a good look.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
There was an easy pass in the overlap, which would have made it an easy cross for Amad to tap in

Garnacho chose to shoot
Eriksen played the wrong pass and he slowed the move down by dallying on the ball. Really frustrating as those passes are pretty much all he has to offer.

Passitlikescholes

No pun intended but that's not how you play. If you have played the game you would certainly get it (again no offense meant , pardon me if it did)

Look at the space infront of Rashford. You have 2 runners with you. Don't tell me Rashford's best option is to pass it from there. Passing from there is just limiting your options . If it was Eriksen, I would understand the argument. It's your winger ffs with a pace to burn and already beaten the last defender.

I've actually played the game at high enough levels thanks.

You know what my proof is on it being the right decision, garnacho scored easily.

All he had to do was stay onside because Rashford gave him a perfect one on one which he EASILY finished.

Tony247

A bright spot and I have very high hopes. He is erratic at times but so was Ronaldo at the beginning. Needs tough mentoring by the manager.

lex talionis

Wasn't it in Ronaldo's third year at Old Trafford that he went from impressive young prospect to world class?

Wigan 0:2 Man Utd

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a right winger for me. Quality. Much better on the right than on the left and I think it opens up his game so much, given he's capable of playing on both wings. That type of winger, playing on their natural wing, is my favourite type of player so I hope we persist with that

sammyhol

He's a right winger for me. Quality. Much better on the right than on the left and I think it opens up his game so much, given he's capable of playing on both wings. That type of winger, playing on their natural wing, is my favourite type of player so I hope we persist with that
100% agree. And he can do it in this Ten Hag system.

Only problem is Rashford can’t on the left in this system.

When one door opens, another slams shut!

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I didn't expect him to look so comfortable on the right. Often the case with inside forwards these days not wanting to go round the outside to beat his man, but Garnacho has once again proven he's not like most players his age.

DownRiver

Two performances on the right, and appears in par with Mo Salah with his quickness and unpredictability. I am surprised Ten Hag has not played him there before.

End of times for Antony, especially with Diallo there.

flameinthesun

Only problem is Rashford can’t on the left in this system.

When one door opens, another slams shut!
I was actually thinking this, just when it looks like we may have solved the right wing issue by putting Garnacho there we end up with a problem on the left with Rashford.

Irrational.

So much more variety to his game and generally more effective on the right. Hope he continues there and keeps Turn Back Tony on the bench.

Marwood

Really good first half.

How refreshing is it to see a winger playing on his strong side?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Garnacho wasn't even at his best tonight, or close to it, yet he was easily the best attacker we had out there. I don't know if to be happy or scared about that. We have one forward who looks like he might be able to score. One. Its going to be a long second half of the season at this rate...

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I thought he was very good in the first half. Top 3 today for sure.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Good performance today, best player alongside Mainoo.

massey

Class game from him tonight had their left back on toast many times and his crossing was on point too,think the right wing is sorted now just to sort out the left.

Mike Smalling

I like him more and more every game for his attitude and approach. He’s our best option on the right now and it’s not even close.

Marwood

I feel sorry for fans who've only grown up with inverted wingers and think its the way it has to be.

Best thing in football is a winger bombing down the touchline, doing everything quickly, first time.

It's the basics of chance creation that forsome reason we overcomplicate and think we're too special for.

RedIan

He is such an exciting talent, get rid of Anthony. Garnacho has to stay right wing 1st choice with Amad and Pellistri if he stays as back up.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I love the bloke so glad he recently signed a new contract.

Now get some better players to play in the same side to keep him.

The Irish Connection

Lovely to see.
Reminded me of Ronaldo when he cut inside, shot with his left from outside the box and hit the crossbar.
Fingers crossed he can keep up these performances on the right.
Of course, Amad deserves a go there too.

Oranges038

It's great that he can shift from left to right with such ease, all wingers should be able to switch sides like that. Not sulk because they are played out of position.

Played a great cross in for Hojlund that he should have put away and had a couple of decent efforts himself.

AndyMUFC

It’s still early days obviously but really impressd with him on the right again, ends up being a threat going on the outside and inside.