Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain | Set to miss the 2018/19 season

I can't feel too bad for him he's banging Perrie Edwards

Feel for him but knowing Klopp he'll just throw money at the situation.

Ah there's been a few articles over the years but just peoples opinions and nothing factual really. Can be bothered finding them all but here's first one I found https://talksport.com/football/2458...ar-injury-problems-under-jurgen-klopp-former/

Fair play for getting back on that . I read somewhere else that ' someone met someone ' after Kyiv and they said his playing career is over which if thats the truth its sad news. He's only 24 I think. If thats the case someone has dropped a clanger if its an old injury.

Disappointed to hear this news, I was hoping he'd back before xmas. I was one of those with the question mark when he signed but he proved me wrong when he got going. He brought a dynamic drive to our midfield that I think we'll miss if one Keita/fabinho get injured. He's a decent midfield option, now we lost that quality in depth I think we'll have to go back in for Fekir or another option else we'll be falling back on the Wignaldum/Milner/Henderson pedestrian midfield again.

Makes even more sense about our caution with Fekir. Last thing we need is to spend big on a number 10 just for an old injury of his to rear it's head and cause another expensive lay off.
There's always a risk of injury with players but if you can find a problem before they've signed, no point risking it.
I really feel for Ox. He was looking brilliant for us in the second half of the season and had a bright future ahead. Hopefully he comes back from this and spends his peak years showing us the quality that we've already had glimpses of

Think he'll come back from it. Horror injuries can happen, if you let it heal enough it could potentially be an issue of the past, but of course it will always be a sensitive thing and a risk.

Seems unlikely to me, he was a pretty high intensity player.

Yeah it sounds serious. Horrific. Good luck to him

It has that air of inevitably to it where all the right things are said, but privately there's little hope for the player.

He's only 24 (25 in August) so he really is being struck down before his prime even began.

Just can't see how he'll ever be explosive or agile again. His head must be all over the place.

Feel for him but knowing Klopp he'll just throw money at the situation.
To be honest, wouldn't any manager? If you lose an important player in your team to a season long and potentially career changing injury, you're left with very little alternatives than to go out and get a replacement. You can't just conjure up a player from thin air.

Good luck to him, but I doubt he will get back to the same level he was, his whole knee sounds to have burst along with his hammy popping off the bone.

Awful news. One of my favourite players to watch in the league, and he has so much potential as a CM. Would've excelled there this past world cup, in my opinion.

Wish him all the best.

Poor guy, he was really starting to hit form at Liverpool. Would have been huge for England too.

Hope he makes a good recovery.

tbh I'm not sure why people are surprised at this news, he basically got injured in the last month in the season, realistically he was always likely to miss this season as a result

He seems to have damaged every ligament possible as well as a hamstring, think that's him done unfortunately.

Feel sorry for the kid and you have to wonder if he will ever really be the same player.

Started an u23 game today but came off just before HT as a precaution.

Probably won't be a straight forward recovery for him.

Was he expected to come back this season at all?
I think the initial expectation after his injury was that he'd miss the entire season or would come back for the last few games, i.e. at the end of April or something like that. He's been ahead of schedule for some time but clearly not fit enough to play in the PL.

If his hammy is still at him, he's better off sitting it out for a time still. No telling what damage could still be lingering there.

Good to see he’s coming back. Wouldn’t wish a horror injury like that on anyone.

Was he expected to come back this season at all?
Possibly. He's been making good progress on his recovery and Klopp's said he was hoping to have him back.

Might be more in his interest to take it easy until the summer.

Id be surprised if you risk him especially with the amount of important games Liverpool have coming.

It’s clearly going to take him some time. It’s better if he continues his recovery in the U23 until the end of the season.

Possibly. He's been making good progress on his recovery and Klopp's said he was hoping to have him back.

Might be mor ein his interest to take it easy until the summer.
Yeah, I'd get why he would push himself to get back if Liverpool are gunning for a title. But he has to think would he really risk his future career for that?

Started an u23 game today but came off just before HT as a precaution.

Probably won't be a straight forward recovery for him.

It makes you wonder if it's a long term Hamstring problem if it's still bothering him. If he loses his acceleration he'll be done as it was certainly his main asset.

As a 17yo I always thought he'd go onto be far better than he has done

Don't mean to sound like a negative ninny but Gomez or Ox coming back from injuries is like Daniel Sturridge coming back from injuries.

Its a shame he can't seem to stay healthy. While having Ox back would be a nice boost, getting Henderson off the pitch is priority 1 for me.

I did a very quick review of EPL games this season when Henderson starts vs. when he doesn't:

With Henderson:
9-5-1 with 26 Goals For, 9 Goals Against.
Without Henderson:
12-2-0 with 38 Goals For, 6 Goals Against.

Surely this is his last season at Anfield?

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that modern medicine has come on leaps and bounds but I think Ox is done as a top player. He will be 26 this summer after having missed basically an entire season. He's been dogged by injuries throughout his career as well. Every time he looked like he was going to kick on, he got injured and missed another crucial stage of development.

I think his level will be somewhere between Ramsey and Wilshere.