Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

Shaw at his worst this season has been atrocious and telles wasn't as bad as that today
I'm a big fan of Shaw but Telles has easily been better these last few games than Shaw has been so far this season. Obviously once he gets back into form he's a much better player, but he needs to get his head right to get back into form first.
You're probably right but I just don't see it with Telles.

He doesn't look like he belongs at this level at all.

mu4c_20le

He was excellent today. Delivered a few nice crosses and hit the crossbar.

Abraxas

Dalot over AWB makes sense to me because you're getting some indisputable benefits in his passing, ability on the ball.

I'm less on board with this one. It's good to take Shaw out and give him a kick up the arse, but I'm rather hoping the message has got through. Because there's very little comparison between Telles and Shaw when the latter is playing well. He's better in most departments apart from maybe crossing.

Sylar

You're probably right but I just don't see it with Telles.

He doesn't look like he belongs at this level at all.
Telles has good aggression. I think both at their best Shaw is better
But telles right now deserves the spot and Shaw needs to work to get back in, which isn't a bad thing as we've had a clean sheet with telles at lb (even if not due to him)

Blood Mage

Our second best player after De Gea today. If he had more pace he'd be one of the best left-backs around.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
run of the mill fullback. Just like Gary Neville if he played in this team.

Red00012

He offers nothing going forward , I’d have Shaw back in Tuesday night

Mickson

I think he is an extremely mediocre player, but he has done an OK job so far. It won't be enough in the long run though.

Lentwood

I'm willing to give Dalot a run see if he can offer more going forward than AWB but I really don't see Telles as a better option in any way, shape or form over Shaw.

Remember, Shaw was brilliant for 18-mnths prior to this season, and if we're using the first 11 games of this season to judge players, very few would get any credit.

Telles to me just seems OK at everything, good as a backup but not the same level as Shaw for me

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He did decent job, hopefully Shaw will be back for next game. Telles doesn't offer much except spamming crosses, his passing is also not good. As a backup he is good enough.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He did decent job, hopefully Shaw will be back for next game. Telles doesn't offer much except spamming crosses, his passing is also not good. As a backup he is good enough.
Agreed. He's a good squad player. And he thrives well with RR style.

KetilOwren88

Telles is another player I feel might credit on Ragnick’s playing style, defending on the opposite half. In that way he can use his aggresion, while his biggest weakness that is one on one situations are avoided at some extent

JoaquinJoaquin

Surprised to see so many negative comments. Shaw doesn't deserve to be in the team based on this season's performances, and Telles has done nothing wrong.

criticalanalysis

Those 3 games were fun and all, but yeah, let’s get Shaw back into the team.
I rarely ever used the 'he's so average' as a criticism or point to make against ANY player ever but I can't find any other truer words for him.

Shaw needs to be back into the team ASAP.

Rossa

Those 3 games were fun and all, but yeah, let’s get Shaw back into the team.
Don’t think he’s bad at all. Caught up the field a few times in the second half, but he was playing as a midfielder by then. Very good cross on the floor that Cavani should have passed to Ronaldo on an open goal.

Eddy_JukeZ

Time for this experiment to end.

A bang average player in all facets of the game.

NickJ

One of the worst fullbacks I’ve ever seen offers nothing going forward or defensively.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's football without a brain.

It's fun sometimes, and a bit mad... So can be entertaining, but sometimes you just want a brain.

Lentwood

I don't understand this one. Personally, I would choose AWB over Dalot but I can see why some might disagree. I just can't understand Telles over Shaw...Shaw is just better at everything. Plus, let's face it, if we're dropping players based on poor form under Ole, we'd have nobody left!

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He was is very average player. A cheap buy who was never going to be good enough. There is a reason why he was playing in Portugal and Turkey till he was 27.

Godfather

He has a good cross in him. That's it. No physical presence or positional awareness at all. I don't like him as a player

Idxomer

I don't understand this one. Personally, I would choose AWB over Dalot but I can see why some might disagree. I just can't understand Telles over Shaw...Shaw is just better at everything. Plus, let's face it, if we're dropping players based on poor form under Ole, we'd have nobody left!
Yeah, this one is a big alarming sign for me.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's rubbish, no awareness whatsoever, sloppy and can't tackle.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Painfully average but I hope Shaw is getting time off to get in form.

afatzp

If you look at the LW / LM 's performance in front of Telles in last two games, basically even Roberto Carlos would be shitty and could not perform well at LB. Rashford / Bruno can't hold the ball , can't dribble pass no one , constantly lose possession , did not press timely, did not track back. These are all nightmares for full-back

Telles just had to run up & down non-stop supporting those clowns up front and still able to pull off a golden chance which Cavani should have harvested. I don't see Shaw would have made a difference if he started this game, especially this season's Shaw.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That bit of play where he overran the ball, knew he was in trouble and tried a turn to generate a foul was equally stupid and risky. I was lost for words

Status
Not open for further replies.