Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

Shaw is the best passer and dribbler but defensively this season he has been very shakey

The_Midfielder

Seriously?

Half the time Shaw ends up playing almost as our main playmaker as he's such a good passer. His creativity from fullback is a huge weapon for us and to some extent helps mitigate the lack of passing ability our midfielders have. Telles is fairly good on the ball but Shaw at anything even close to his best is comfortably better. Of course, if you are purely talking about Shaw this season then fair enough, as he's been in shit form for most of it.
his long passes are better than shaw..

Based Adnan

His highs aren't as good as Shaws but he's been more consistent when you look at this season.

Devil81

Works his nuts off but I'm not sure if he has the quality at the top level.

Shaw is the best passer and dribbler but defensively this season he has been very shakey
Confirms what my eyes tend to tell me, Shaw has more quality but is simply less arsed. When it comes to actually trying to make the most of their talents, Shaw seems often happy to just drift along and do the least possible. Such a shame.

OmarUnited4ever

His balls down the line we're generally pretty good... Which makes it more annoying that his crossing was so poor.
I don't think his crosses are poor, our attackers don't make use of it and usually the tall PL defenders (Dowson & Zouma) can easily clear it, if you watch Liverpool for example you'll see 2-3 attackers contesting it causing havoc and chaos which might lead to a goal scoring chances, of course Telles is no TAA or Cancelo crossing wise, but his are decent enough for our attackers to make something out of them.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Confirms what my eyes tend to tell me, Shaw has more quality but is simply less arsed. When it comes to actually trying to make the most of their talents, Shaw seems often happy to just drift along and do the least possible. Such a shame.
This doesn't really show that Shaw has more quality. Shows he's a better passer, but suggesting that's the only measure of quality is a disservice to defensive qualities. Tackling, duels and interceptions are not simply a result of 'trying'.

Hughie77

He's improved , now if we can use him correctly, and we need to control possession for him to be proactive, out of possession for long periods and he has to defend more I think he can struggle.
Most full backs like him do struggle out of possession, so basically we need to keep hold of the ball more.

This doesn't really show that Shaw has more quality. Shows he's a better passer, but suggesting that's the only measure of quality is a disservice to defensive qualities. Tackling, duels and interceptions are not simply a result of 'trying'.
No they aren’t, but with Shaw they clearly are. He’s the perfect example of a footballer playing within himself.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he needs to stop crossing from such deep positions.

he should really model his game on robertson to see the sort of positions he gets into and crosses from.

the way he does it now it’s so easy to defend as the defensive line can step forward to meet it, rather than having backward momentum

Cloud7

Shaw in top form is a better player than Telles. That being said, Shaw has been here almost eight years and he's been in said top form probably cumulatively two seasons or so. Are those periods what he is regularly capable of, or are those purple patches and what we see most of the time from Shaw what he's going to be like most of the time? Telles is better than what we've gotten from Shaw this season, which is all that matters right now. In the time he's played Shaw hasn't shown anything to say he should be starting ahead of Telles.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
100% Shaw beats 100% Telles. Trouble is, Telles is giving us 100%. We haven't seen it fron Luke this season. So we'll take Telles over 85% Shaw and hope that Luke can find the motivation like most of the others are doing.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
he needs to stop crossing from such deep positions.

he should really model his game on robertson to see the sort of positions he gets into and crosses from.

the way he does it now it’s so easy to defend as the defensive line can step forward to meet it, rather than having backward momentum
Think it's a tactical instruction. Dalot doesn't do that and he often comes inside.

It makes sense because of Ronaldo in the box but he has to deliver it perfectly . We will soon see a header goal from CR7 because Telles has one hell of a left foot.

acnumber9

Think it's a tactical instruction. Dalot doesn't do that and he often comes inside.

It makes sense because of Ronaldo in the box but he has to deliver it perfectly . We will soon see a header goal from CR7 because Telles has one hell of a left foot.
Telles does it regardless of who is in the team. And sometimes regardless of whether there’s somebody in the box. It’s a sign of a player who doesn’t have the pace or trickery to beat a player and has run out of ideas.

Jericho

Looks to be getting better each time I see him. He’s benefiting from a run of games. Good for him. I like him, he’s always seems to have a good attitude.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Looks to be getting better each time I see him. He’s benefiting from a run of games. Good for him. I like him, he’s always seems to have a good attitude.
Yes. While I'll be the first to knock "passion merchants", a good attitude goes a long way.

I still think Shaw is the better player, but when he's not applying himself properly, he's best left off the field. Telles is a good enough player to have there. I don't know what's happened to Shaw this season. Probably got too comfortable.

criticalanalysis

I like the effort and that he's getting a run out because it's alway good to use the squad but he is comfortably the weakest link in this current first team for me.

The United

He has been better defensively lately. But not exactly an answer for us.

Mainly because he is too slow for a FB for us. It didn't let him come forward more like how Dalot does in the other side. He just does not have the speed to recover or get into the position fast enough against counters.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
100% Shaw beats 100% Telles. Trouble is, Telles is giving us 100%. We haven't seen it fron Luke this season. So we'll take Telles over 85% Shaw and hope that Luke can find the motivation like most of the others are doing.
Even at 85% Shaw is better than Telles. The problem is we've seen Shaw at 50% (at best) for most of this season. However Telles is doing well enough that Shaw will need to get his shit together if he wants his place back, which is a fairly good situation to be in for us.

Stgun

I will have this guy to be our starting leftback. We have seen enough of Shaw for over 7 season and the time he has a good game in 7 seasons is basically as long as a youtube compilation , won nothing with him in the end , we should have enough material already to conclude that he isn't good enough for us and will never be good enough which i have explained why in his own thread.
Give Telles enough chances before we judge , and by the way we haven't lost an EPL games when both Dalot and Telles started this season so that's another reason to keep him for starting eleven

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Infinitely better than Shaw, at least he opens up the passing angles by running forward on the touch line. Shaw seems to think he’s a #6 and just hang out in the half space doing nothing but playing slow passes.

Alfie092

At their absolute best, Shaw is a better all-rounded LB but Shaw has been abysmal all season and while I don't think Telles has been setting the world on fire, he is performing at a higher level than Shaw this season. Telles has actually been good defensively this season, something which worried me in the past and he is more of a threat on the other end of the pitch than Shaw, even though his crossing can improve, so because of that Telles deserves the number 1 LB spot for now.

Atletico Madrid 1:1 Man Utd

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was excellent. Would start him in the return leg. Say what you want about Shaw, but fecking hell the guy doesn't know how to play with intensity at all. Telles was an immediate change.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Telles plays with passion and desire. Gives everything. Today he was so important!
Should be first choice really.

Rossa

Can people stop saying he’s slow? He isn’t! Offered more in his cameo going forward than Shaw did all match. Also, he has intensity and the right determination

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Agree with the above. Nice cameo and played with some energy. Lovely bit of skill as well to get away from 2-3 players and put in a cross.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Can people stop saying he’s slow? He isn’t! Offered more in his cameo going forward than Shaw did all match. Also, he has intensity and the right determination
Agreed. Shaw sometimes looks completely switched off. I know Telles isn't Paolo Maldini but, my God, did he look more with it than Shaw did. One of the few who didn't have stage fright.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I've no idea why Shaw's been back in tbh

The one redeeming thing about RR was not picking players based on their name but Shaw coming back into the team certainly wasn't based on Shaw's improved performances

::sonny::

Far better player than Shaw

Shaw plays (like Maguire) only because he is english

PoTMS

Shaw at his best is miles better than Telles. But Shaw has been turd since his England exploits and Telles has improved a lot. Telles and Dalot should be our starting fullbacks from now on.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't understand why he was dropped for Shaw. He was coming into good form and Shaw is off form.

Hope Ralf sticks with him. Had a good impact on the game

TheReligion

Abusive
Far better player than Shaw

Shaw plays (like Maguire) only because he is english
So our German coach plays players because they are English? Yet Wan Bissaka has been dropped recently and Rashford both of which are English?

Makes absolutely no sense. Do you not like English people?

Status
Not open for further replies.