Alex Telles | signs for Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRedDevil

Nah, they’ve all just returned from holiday and we’ve had Telles gone, Maguire stripped of captaincy, Rashford signed, Fred on his way and some others making early moves. All things considered it seems they’ve been waiting to see if they’re in the managers plans and now they’re off.
Henderson didn’t travel with the squad, so hopefully he is close to leaving.

Bailly also didn’t travel.

crossy1686

career ending
Henderson didn’t travel with the squad, so hopefully he is close to leaving.

Bailly also didn’t travel.
Great news, I’d suspect they’re in negotiations to leave already, or Bailly’s under house arrest for slipping in his local Morrisons and two footing some old dear in the chest.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Well at least there won't be any suspicion of dodgy dealings at 4m...

ShinjiNinja26

I wasn’t expecting to get anything for him so £4m is decent business. Cheers Telles, will always remember that performance against PSG where he looked quality, sadly he didn’t stay at that level.

Remember the geese

:lol: Nobody did, we had multiple offers from European teams also. Every single one offered £0…

But obviously it’s more fun to make up an evaluation from your own sofa then get angry about it.
A lot more believable. He only had a year left on his contract, wasn't particularly young and was very, very, average. Take what you can get and consider it a result.

Judas

Open to offers
How can people be angry at getting anything for him :lol: honestly surely it's tiring constantly moaning. Happy to have got a few million, and now we can move on.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm amazed we got any money for him.

We're talking about a 30 year old, clearly surplus to requirements defender with a year left on his contract (year extension that we're never ever triggering). £4m + Addons (probably about £1m) is pretty good.

As an aside, find it funny that if it's selling cheap its in Pounds but if it's buying expensive it's in Euros...

Blood Mage

I think the overall concern is directed at our pattern of buying high and selling low which we can't seem to break out of. Other clubs see this happen every year and are emboldened to take the piss out of us in the market.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think the overall concern is directed at our pattern of buying high and selling low which we can't seem to break out of. Other clubs see this happen every year and are emboldened to take the piss out of us in the market.
We're not Dortmund or Brighton though, who cares what we sell players for? I only really care who we buy to improve the team. Why do people waste their energy on moaning about the fee for a player they all want to get rid of anyway?

Varun1

Nah, they’ve all just returned from holiday and we’ve had Telles gone, Maguire stripped of captaincy, Rashford signed, Fred on his way and some others making early moves. All things considered it seems they’ve been waiting to see if they’re in the managers plans and now they’re off.
We still have at least Bailly, Elanga, DVB, Brandon, Maguire, Fred, Henderson and possibly Mct. It will be a miracle if we manage to shift them all.

Burkeovic

He had 1 year left on his contract was on £100,000 a week so owed £5,200,000 on his contract we get 4 million for sale while Saudis pay 1 year we owed on his contract so deal close to £10 million all in happy enough.

Varun1

Great news, I’d suspect they’re in negotiations to leave already, or Bailly’s under house arrest for slipping in his local Morrisons and two footing some old dear in the chest.
Or just the usual, another injury...

Judas

Open to offers
We're not Dortmund or Brighton though, who cares what we sell players for? I only really care who we buy to improve the team. Why do people waste their energy on moaning about the fee for a player they all want to get rid of anyway?
Exactly. It’s like the resale shite that infested this place for awhile.

We didn’t even buy Telles for that much, and most people would have forgotten he even existed, yet they’re the same ones complaining we didn’t get more for him?

Onerealunited

Be happy… £4m pound is a great fee for a 30 year old Telles the whole world knows that we cannot and won’t use. There is a reason that Sevilla didn’t want to sign him. When the transfer season started most of us would have been happy if we got €2m for him and none would have complained if we released his contract and saved his wage. Now instead we are saving his wage and getting a fee of £4m… be happy

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I thought I only way any club will sign him will be on free transfer, so good at least we got some money.

4 million plus add ons is not bad. Maybe some other journalists will report the add on part. Won't be surprised if the total fee is around 8-10 million.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
If its anything like the ban Barcelona got a few years back, then they could still buy players. They just couldn't be registered in the squad. Assuming the ban will be sorted soon, then it makes sense for them to continue their transfer business.
They are not a real football club and they are rich enough to pay fines and bribes. Their ban will vanish into thin air. Nobody will care.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He isn't worth £10-14m though is he? Nobody would pay that.
He’s a £10m footballer if he was earning the wages of a £5m footballer that’s developed into a £10m player.

We pay him what £20-30m full backs earn. The new club won’t offer him his current wage so he either stays to collect the cheque, or we lower our fee so the new club can pay him a signing bonus to partly make up for loss of earnings.

If we were paying him £80k a week we could sell him for £15m

We have got all of this wrong for decades.

red.knight

I forgot about him. £4 million is a good money for him. Can't some Saudi club offer Maguire a big money contract and chuck us a paltry £35M for him? I would take that.

mancsarered

I've accepted that we're never going to sell for good sums. Now I'm just glad to be cleaning house.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Blooming hell. The one United players the Saudis want and he’s worth feck all

LordSpud

Remember that when we sell for what looks to be a cheap figure, we are also saving on the wages too.

For that reason I think we won't get a lot for Maguire either. It's a long road to get out of this mess we're in, but we're doing it

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Remember that when we sell for what looks to be a cheap figure, we are also saving on the wages too.

For that reason I think we won't get a lot for Maguire either. It's a long road to get out of this mess we're in, but we're doing it
Maguire at 30m and off the wage books is huge imo

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
4 million for 30 year old telles, who’s crap ok

40 million for 30 year old Fabinho who is also crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.