Alexander Buttner | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal9000

Can you share the source for this?
http://www.footballgossip.org.uk/in...-transfer-news-and-rumours-tuesday-21-august/

‘Every season the club calls on all its European scouts to send a list of players,” Van Stijn told Dutch newspaper AD.

“They ask you to make a list for any position in the team with a top five of the best players in the league. On the list that I sent in at the end of last season I had Buttner at number three or four [for the left-back slot].”

Van Stijn added: “You never know with such a big club. In the past I have seen Belgian and Brazilian guys passed over. If you have a list of major league scouting picks it makes you interested anyway and maybe they paid a quick visit to watch Büttner.

“But I must also say that I would have taken the boy to the European Championships, if I had been coach. I find him better than Jetro Willems, for example.”

Vibhas

He says that every scout, has to write out top 10 lists for every position in a team and then submit it. So I don't think that scouts list is anything that important. Most clubs have scouts in individual nations giving out recommendations and lists and i'm sure it's up to the more senior scouts to go watch him more closely.
Goal.com saying that Van Stijn 'leads' the OT recruitment in the Netherlands.
i.e. He's our head scout in the Dutchlands.

soulblight3r

Being the 3rd/4th best doesn't mean they have no potential to be a world beater or Wenger will have nobody to sign.

Anyway, I don't care if he has tattoos or came from a rough neighbourhood, he needs to bulk up.

ricky-romeo

3rd/4th best LB in the dutch league is not bad at all. i guess that Vertonghen guy was one of the guys ahead of him on the list.

United10

whether or not he actually displaces evra, it will be good to get some competition for the left back spot and he's young enough to be a long term replacement.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Am I the only one that keeps looking at his name as Butter, not buttner.

Hadn't heard of him before we signed him, but hopefully he can provide some competition to evra as I never did like the idea of going into the season with only youth players as our backup at LB.

Hal9000

Goal.com saying that Van Stijn 'leads' the OT recruitment in the Netherlands.
i.e. He's our head scout in the Dutchlands.
Maybe true, but I doubt his lists and/or recommendations are the end of it. It's probably why Martin Ferguson pops up all around the world.

Vibhas

Maybe true, but I doubt his lists and/or recommendations are the end of it. It's probably why Martin Ferguson pops up all around the world.
Yeah, of course.

I'm just saying he's a head scout for us in the Netherlands; obviously his opinion does carry a lot of weight in terms of getting the globally senior Man Utd. scouts like Martin Ferguson (and even SAF) to look at players.

That means his opinion is obviously quite likely to be accurate, and we've signed a player who still has got a long way to go before he'll even think about displacing Evra, and may not be a long term solution if he doesn't improve massively; obviously someones seen a lot of potential to grow in the lad, to do this.

But currently, of course, he's a backup.

Good luck to him, hope he develops with us, but I'd rather Evra doesn't get injured, or is forced to miss the important clashes, because the 3rd or 4th best LB in the Netherland's from the 2011/2012 shouldn't be starting too many important games for us!

gbgary

thrilled we have a new left back...but can he defend?! another revolving door on the pitch is the last thing United needs. United is full of attacking options but short on people who can defend.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
By only looking at the clip, he can surely go forward with confidence. Curious to see a clip of his defending.

dev1l

thrilled we have a new left back...but can he defend?! another revolving door on the pitch is the last thing United needs. United is full of attacking options but short on people who can defend.
Attack is the best defence

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Jeez the boy can strike a ball! those are 2 of the best penalties ive ever seen :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Excited to see this chap play. We've needed some freshness at LB for awhile now.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I thought we retired that number in Gibson's honour?

Jacob

Would look more badass if he shaved his head completely

Status
Not open for further replies.