Alexander Buttner | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
RVP adds a bit more to the squad than this lad though. Buttner seems to essentially be cover but I don't understand where he's going to fit in and what this means for Fabio. Surely Fabio should be chosen ahead of him? I don't think he's too far away from being there yet.
Fabio on loan is more than likely to get a run of games over a season. Here as backup he'll get played when he can at the expense of Evra.

It's actually a lot better to go out on loan if you're good enough to keep your place. Much like Welbeck did at Sunderland. He would not have had the same development coming off the bench 10 times in a season and maybe starting as many games as backup.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
United bought all that land around Old Trafford so they can bring their caravans to matches...

Widnes

Look good tonight, I know not exactly the highest level but did everything he needed to

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Cleared a shot off the line, looked solid in defence and went on a few quality runs...

Good performance, basically. He looks really accomplished on the ball - no awkwardness about his game at all in that aspect. feck knows what he'll be like against top opposition, mind. Agree with the De Laet comparison as far as his runs go.

jb8521

Cleared a shot off the line, looked solid in defence and went on a few quality runs...

Good performance, basically. He looks really accomplished on the ball - no awkwardness about his game at all in that aspect. feck knows what he'll be like against top opposition, mind. Agree with the De Laet comparison as far as his runs go.
Dont think his runs were like De Laet at all he looks to have a good touch and dribbling style De Laet just always seemed to run really fast in straight lines a bit like a run away train

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I thought he was impressive tonight very composed.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Dont think his runs were like De Laet at all he looks to have a good touch and dribbling style De Laet just always seemed to run really fast in straight lines a bit like a run away train
Better technique than De Laet definitely. It just reminded me of him in the sense that he just randomly eliminated three players from play by himself at one point. Probably the blond hair and all.

De Laet was such an enigma for us. I remember when we first got him I was absolutely staggered that he couldn't make it for Stoke reserves, yet now he's with Leicester in the Championship.

Baxter

Alex Buttner is now also injured #mufc

Jesus effing Christ.

(Playing in the Utd reserve match, I should add).

Baxter

Can't remember who, but there is a lot of people on twitter saying it, including the reliable Peter Bolton.

prateik

Played 82 minutes and the official match report doesnt mention him being injured.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
For what it's worth, I have an Arsenal supporting mate who has a v deep knowledge of football and also lives in the Netherlands who thinks Buettner will be a top, top player for us - as in cemented first team.

kps88

Mirror claims he'll be starting on Saturday. Beats me how they know that. Doubt SAF has decided his team.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Mirror claims he'll be starting on Saturday. Beats me how they know that. Doubt SAF has decided his team.
They will have been talking about it at OT, in the coaches team meeting. One of the coaches will have mentioned it to someone - who will mention it to someone - who will mention it to a journalist.

Don't tell anyone - but that is how rumours start!

SATA

Good time to start him and Evra can be given the weekend off after 2 gruelling international games, it's why we bought him for

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
I'd like to see him play against Wigan, but I doubt Fergie will drop Evra, even when we think he's going to he usualy ends up playing him anyway.

Tooni

agreed, thought i read somewhere that evra was doubtful for the game aswell. Good time for rotation and a home debut.
Is there anyone who is not doubtful at all ?!

This injury speculation by the media is getting worse than the transfer speculation. Anything to make a few more quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.