Alexander Buttner | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbgary

evra doesnt need competition...he needs a seat. he got one today. evra is past it. buttner did more today, at both ends, than evra's done in the last two seasons.

Drifter

American
evra doesnt need competition...he needs a seat. he got one today. evra is past it. buttner did more today, at both ends, than evra's done in the last two seasons.
Steady now.Let's not get carried away.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He plays most games. Rotation and competition will help him hopefully.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's bit of a mentalist streak about him. Good goal and did well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fantastic debut from him. Had no idea what to expect from him but he played really well. Wasn't afraid to get stuck in and looked good on the ball. Wigan weren't really threatening though so I'll have to reserve judgement on his defending, but very promising start.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
very harsh mate but i agree with you. Stat-wise Buttner did do more than Evra over last two years. Let's judge tha lad after 10 games. If he can keep it up than yes, Evra should be benched.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So I'm in for a treat later when I see the match then? I'm at work so I don't know anything whats happened in the game, I know the score obviously, but I'm reading in the match thread that he was great today. Good stuff.

Cold_Boy

The best thing about him is his energy and aggression we have been lacking

Rossa

To be honest, I was thinking that he's not that great - decent pace but not electric, makes too many fouls and certainly not a better defender than Evra. Then he assists Hernandez and scores a goal of his own - so all in all a great debut, but not terrific play. Seems to be a potentially great signing though.

Ekeke

Well probably only 2 players put in above average performances and they were Buttner and Welbeck. In the first half most our good play came from them and in the second half Buttner may have had a higher involvement in our 4 goals than anyone else.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

Sheeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt

Ivor Ballokov

No point getting carried away as it was only one game but a very promising performance. Showed great work rate in providing width all afternoon though and decent in the tackle, looking forward to seeing how he responds to harder challenges.

Phil

Played better than Evra's current standard..

Controversial?

prateik

More stupid that controversial.
He goes for goal more than Evra .. That aside, Evra is fantastic going forward and there wasnt much defending to do against Wigan.

Evra is first choice. Great to see the new signing have a good game, but thats all it is at the moment.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I like him. Got a bit of aggression in his game.

A couple of dodgy defensive involvements aside, attacking wise he looks great, and I think he could provide Evra with the kick up the arse that's been coming for a few seasons.

Sylar

Evil Cleverley.

Think we should just try and find evil looking versions of some of our players. Might need to bring back Evil Carrick though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looked very good going forward and I like his all energy style. Let's see how he is defensively against tougher opposition. So far so good.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
I really liked this guy so far
He is fast, hard working, physical, and likes to attack
The goal was icing on the cake

Ekeke

He's nothing like Ritchie De Laet :eek:
Agreed.

De Laet flicks the ball forward and wherever it goes he follows it at pace mostly running in almost a straight line

Buttner is as skillful as Evra with a lot more control of the ball than someone like De Laet

Status
Not open for further replies.