Alexander Buttner | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
More likely to start the CL game imo - although Fergie said no more gambling as well
Fergie said no more pissing around with the team, but I bet we make at least 5 or 6 changes from the Wigan game since we have Liverpool the following weekend.

kiristao

I think Buttner (I keep typing Butler) could start against Wigan. Like a lot of guys have said, this would be the perfect game to start him. Evra an be fresh and ready for the CL and Liverpool.

kps88

Wouldn't be surprised if Evra's left out of the Liverpool match. In his two games against Liverpool post Suarez incident, he made an error that cost us the game at Anfield and could have easily been sent off after losing his head in the first minute at OT.

There's not much time though, would need Buttner to put in a really good performance over the weekend.

Nathan

i would really like to see his (buttner) get some game time. Just maybe this is what is required for Evra to regain his cutting edge and face some genuine competition for his place in the team.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Hopefully he'll start 1 of either the Wigan or Galatasaray game, I'd say the Wigan game would be more apropriate, but at the same time it seems impossible that Fergie will be dropping Evra, even when all the signs point to it.

stubie

I just wonder if fergie is considering leaving Evra out of the Liverpool match
Would be a wise idea from Fergie. Personally I can see Buttner starting tomorrow given the opposition we are playing (with all due respect to Wigan)

It would also take the sting out of the hostile atmosphere and shift the focus to the Football side of things.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Why have I now seen a few people call him Baxter?

Will Absolute

I think Buttner (I keep typing Butler) could start against Wigan. Like a lot of guys have said, this would be the perfect game to start him. Evra an be fresh and ready for the CL and Liverpool.
You're either too prudish to write 'butt', or you're rich with a house full of servants.

OB

I like this lad, infact i love him. Been wonderful, and outstanding, deserved the goal. Brilliant buy he's been so far.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
For what it's worth, I have an Arsenal supporting mate who has a v deep knowledge of football and also lives in the Netherlands who thinks Buettner will be a top, top player for us - as in cemented first team.
Like I said...my mate knows his stuff!!

Aporkalypse

Like Kagawa he looks like has has played here for years.

Quality competition will hopefully bring out the best in Evra as well.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Bags of energy, hardworking. A bit brash in the challenge, but to be expected on his debut with possible nerves and all that. very good option to have.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Buttner is having some debut he looks like a really persistent type of player that isn't afraid to get stuck in and ruffle up a few feathers. Its great to have an alternative to Evra.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
What a guy! Love his industry, will help Evra get some needed rest.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great debut. Looks very good going forward, terrific pace and likes to get stuck in. Goal to round off an excellent debut as well. Evra is no longer guaranteed to start every game.

Ekeke

Still going strong at the 90 minute mark. Dont think we'll ever have to worry about replacing him for extra time.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Very good debut. Looked good at the back and going forward - Evra needs to be on top of his game now if Büttner keeps playing like this

MUFCgal

Great debut, MOM for me.

Very good going forward, good defending too. Likes to get stuck in (thank god for that), and got a debut goal. I'd start him mid-week in the CL match.

Pat's got a fight on his hands now IMO.

Leg-End

Great debut, full back is a tough position to look good in straight away but he was fantastic and the goal typified his performance.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Hard working and good going forward, but I think people already knew that. The real test will be when he has to play in the tougher games and cope with the likes of Carrol, Ba and Cisse, Crouch, Carlton Cole etc peeling off to win headers, and then the games where we have less than 60% of posession.

NoLogo

He still looks a bit raw at times but he certainly has the attitude and the energy to become a great left fullback.

I hope we can see him soon again in some games, his first game certainly has raised is reputation within the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.