Alexander Buttner | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Dunno why some people's first reaction to a player playing wonderfully in his debut is to worry that it will hinder another player or that it will bench a first team player.

Based on that I would be surprised if evra plays at Anfield.

Skywarden

Tough as nails. A proper SAF player if I ever saw one. Looking forward to see him play against the tougher sides; today was a walk in the park really.

prateik

Wonder if he'll start in the next game now.. Almost certain to start in the league cup.

Irwinwastheking

I dunno. I think it gives Fergie something to think about.

He had a dream debut, and Evra (through no fault of his own) has all the other shit at Anfield.

ricky-romeo

well done, fantastic debut. might only be wigan at old trafford, but still he puts in a great performance. very comfortable with the ball at his feet as well.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Dunno why some people's first reaction to a player playing wonderfully in his debut is to worry that it will hinder another player or that it will bench a first team player.

Based on that I would be surprised if evra plays at Anfield.
I wouldn't.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Loved him out there today, by far the man of the match for me, and my goodness what a threat he is going forward.
But out of all that, his goal, assist, etc. what impressed me the most is his energy, it's like he sniffed a gram of coke or speed before the game and during half time, not once did I see any sign of complaceny from him.
And the look on Evra's face after the goal says it all really, priceless.

Hopefully this will give Evra the kick up the ass he needs so he starts performing better, if not then by all means take a seat and watch Buttner take your place.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I said prior to kick off and when he signed - he is not just a cover. He has what it takes to be the one to replace Evra. Of course, it was only his debut but a great start indeed for the lad.

Irwinwastheking

Surprised if Evra played is the wrong way to say it. I should have said I wouldn't be surprised to see Buettner playing.

Will Absolute

To be honest, I was thinking that he's not that great - decent pace but not electric, makes too many fouls and certainly not a better defender than Evra. Then he assists Hernandez and scores a goal of his own - so all in all a great debut, but not terrific play. Seems to be a potentially great signing though.
Well, however he turns out, you're covered with that post. :)

Irwinwastheking

Just to add, if Buettner playing well can get Evra back to his best then we are in for a treat of a season.

Can he fill in at Centreback?

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
"And thats how many more goals we have this season than you Danny."

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Tough as nails. A proper SAF player if I ever saw one. Looking forward to see him play against the tougher sides; today was a walk in the park really.
Yep. Delighted by his defending, running, attacking, confidence, passion, desire ... wonderful debut that could not have been any better.

In fact the kind of debut that can change a career ... he will have gained so much confidence today. Evra is still my 1st choice but he has competition now and thats great.

Looks like yet another shrewd signing ... much like Evra was when we signed him for him to quickly usurp Heinze!

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker

Sheeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt
So true. :lol:

That was quality today. He played as if he'd been one of our top players for years. Not quite at the Evra 07/08 or 08/09 standard, but not a million miles away either. I think Fergie will start Evra against Liverpool but there's an interesting problem there now.

Irwinwastheking

Why do you add that 'e' in there?

He's obviously not a center back. Evra is more of a center back.
https://www.redcafe.net/f6/alexander-buettner-358181/index8.html

I thought it was Buttner, but I checked the page link and saw an 'e'. Clearly wrong though.

Also, I didn't ask was he a centre half, I asked could he fill in. Valid question given half the squad are asked to fill in positions they are not used to.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Despite his impressive debut, Evra is still the number 1 LB for me and for SAF too surely.It's good to know that your cover is of quality.Buttner will not take Evra's place on the basis of one game and that game being against the Mighty Wigan

Irwinwastheking

Despite his impressive debut, Evra is still the number 1 LB for me and for SAF too surely.It's good to know that your cover is of quality.Buttner will not take Evra's place on the basis of one game and that game being against the Mighty Wigan
No, but if he gets more chances (which he will) against better opposition and does that consistently he will be No1. He can only beat what's in-front of him and to have a MOTM performance from fullback on your début regardless of opposition is extraordinary.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No, but if he gets more chances (which he will) against better opposition and does that consistently he will be No1. He can only beat what's in-front of him and to have a MOTM performance from fullback on your début regardless of opposition is extraordinary.
I agree with you.Some fans are just too quick in writing off Evra completely due to Buttner's great match.
We'll see what happens in the coming months

Status
Not open for further replies.