Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyJ1985

Can't blame Lyon for demanding silly money. When Lukaku is being talked about as a £60m+ signing, Stones has gone for £50m, Pogba for £89m, Sane £37m etc etc. Foreign clubs must see the premier league as a gold mine.

sammyvine

Wenger's unwillingness to just add the extra £10-20m to their bid to actually get him signed is why they will never again mount a title challenge under him.

Not lacazette specifically, but the general trend.
They could have had Suarez if they added a couple more million:lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They could have had Suarez if they added a couple more million:lol:
Crazy isn't it, they would have won the league at a canter last year if he had stopped being such a stingy git.

December_16

He's so good. Would be devastating in this Arsenal setup. Would be interesting to see if Wenger would finally man up and sanction the cash splash.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think that it's too late, the player that Lyon targetted chose to sign in China and we are in the second half of August. Aulas will up the price every hours now.

pascell

Win win for the Lyon president today. If he watched the arsenal game then it would've been clear as day that they lack a striker, which gives him more power over the say of the transfer fee as if Wenger wants to win something this season they'll have to pay it.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
He will stay unless 60 million is paid. I dont think he will go to west ham who are ready to go close to that amount.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
18 goals in his last 17 league games. For sale at the right price but Wenger has other ideas.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It's gotten to the point where even I want Wenger to finally get the cash out and sign him.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Arsenal would be stupid to not sign him. The owners have to stump up the cash. I dont think Wenger is the problem here. The owners surely are a bigger problem but no one sees it because its behind the scenes.

Mark Pawelek

Arsenal have such an unbalanced side. They could buy him if they sold a striker and midfielder to finance the deal. If it's not enough, add some pennies from the piggy bank or sell both their strikers. Just look at Palace's latest deals for inspiration: extorted £25m for Bolasie and bought Benteke. Wenger just doesn't seem to get this haggling and horse trading business.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I understand wenger not wanting to overpay here.

Lacazette is not that good really and it is doubtful he could dislodge Giroud. For 30m, you are risking it to see if he can rise a level. For 60m, he needs to actually be another level.

I'd be pissed if we spent 60m on fecking lacazette. Shades of us being disappointed at losing out on fecking Clint Dempsey to spurs on deadline day because somehow he was the only target. There are other fecking fish in the sea.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Lacazette is not that good really and it is doubtful he could dislodge Giroud. For 30m, you are risking it to see if he can rise a level. For 60m, he needs to actually be another level.

I'd be pissed if we spent 60m on fecking lacazette. Shades of us being disappointed at losing out on fecking Clint Dempsey to spurs on deadline day because somehow he was the only target. There are other fecking fish in the sea.
Who is a better striker than Lacazette, Arsenal can realistically buy? If Bathsyuai is worth 32m then Lacazette is worth 40+.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Different types of player but Lacazate is about the same level as Giroud.

Mark Pawelek

I'd rate the 4 in this order:
1. Alexandre Lacazette
2. Olivier Giroud
3. Danny Welbeck
4. Yannick Bolasie

If Pardew can extort £25m for Bolasie, you'd think Wenger could get £30m for Welbeck. Sell one of their midfielders too and they've about got the £60m they need. Wenger just is not active enough in the transfer market.

Bestie07

1. Alexandre Lacazette
2. Olivier Giroud
3. Danny Welbeck
4. Yannick Bolasie

If Pardew can extort £25m for Bolasie, you'd think Wenger could get £30m for Welbeck. Sell one of their midfielders too and they've about got the £60m they need. Wenger just is not active enough in the transfer market.
Sorry, but who will pay £30m for a man currently without knees in this window?

Red Stone

1. Alexandre Lacazette
2. Olivier Giroud
3. Danny Welbeck
4. Yannick Bolasie

Welbeck can't move in this window, most likely. There's no way he'd pass a medical.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Different types of player but Lacazate is about the same level as Giroud.
Agreed. He's probably a little better but he's really not going to make drastic changes to the side.

JPRouve

Scout
Agreed. He's probably a little better but he's really not going to make drastic changes to the side.
I disagree, his style can allow drastic changes. He has far better movement and can provide a lot more options to someone like Ozil.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I disagree, his style can allow drastic changes. He has far better movement and can provide a lot more options to someone like Ozil.
Stylistically he can change but it's nothing that will significantly alter the standing of Arsenal in the league or in the CL. More is needed than simply a pacey striker.

Mark Pawelek

Sorry, but who will pay £30m for a man currently without knees in this window?
True. I should not be so stupid, and read player news before posting in future! But why did Wenger buy another midfielder when he already has so many? He just can't resist the temptation: dangle a midfielder in front of his eyes and Wenger's hooked. Also, my accusation: Wenger is not active enough in the transfer market, still stands. Will anyone refute that?

JPRouve

Scout
Stylistically he can change but it's nothing that will significantly alter the standing of Arsenal in the league or in the CL. More is needed than simply a pacey striker.
Lacazette isn't just a pacey striker, he has pace but that's not his game. He does almost everything Giroud does but he adds pace and he is a better finisher.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I am with you here mate. I like Giroud but Lacazette would take their team to a new level because tactically he's exactly what they have been crying out for.

Pacey technical forward and in that side he'd outscore Giroud and make them much more dangerous in all type of games.

pascell

We all know Wenger will think about buying him for weeks and then decide that he'll stick by Welbeck. The window will shut, Welbeck will get injured for a few months and Wenger will come out saying 'I could've signed Lacazette when he was 10'. Same old Wenger, too indecisive and that's why Arsenal won't win the league whilst he's their manager.

M Bison

Supports
York City

Did that really happen?! :lol:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
We all know Wenger will think about buying him for weeks and then decide that he'll stick by Welbeck. The window will shut, Welbeck will get injured for a few months and Wenger will come out saying 'I could've signed Lacazette when he was 10'. Same old Wenger, too indecisive and that's why Arsenal won't win the league whilst he's their manager.
Welbeck is already injured and aint coming back till at least Christmas.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Alexandre Lacazette: “I think that this summer I will need a change.”

Speaking in an interview with Canal Football Club, Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette confirmed that he will be seeking to leave the club in the summer.

“I think that the right moment has arrived to leave. I think that this summer I will need a change of scenery and discover something else, still with the idea of advancing and progressing in terms of football and as a person. I will continue to work, in the hope that good opportunities will come this summer. Barcelona to join Umtiti? It is a very big club. They have extraterrestrials upfront. It would be a dream… If that happens, great, but I am not here to say that I will take a place from Luis Suarez. But I would like to play for them one day.”

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think he's class. From his last 4 seasons including this one, 3 have been 20+ goals in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.