Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think his form came a little too late, at least his price can't go up now eh ;)

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Jean Michel Aulas on Alexandre Lacazette: “He will stay.”

Jean Michel Aulas also discussed in an interview with BeIN Sports the future of Alexandre Lacazette.

“He showed great mental strength to be able to come back from the difficult period he had. I can say that he alongside two or three others at the club is a world class player, who knows that he has a very important place at Lyon. He is paid the most at the club, we will continue to look after him. He will stay. We know that all world class players are worth more than €50m…”

Who could play for PSG?

“If I am honest, I think that today Alexandre Lacazette after the departure of Zlatan. I think a boy like Nabil (Fékir) too could.”

If you received a call from Nasser Al Khelaifi, would you discuss for these two?

“I think the question is irrelevant at the moment. With the falling oil prices, I don’t think that Nasser could afford them.”

On Hatem Ben Arfa:

“I know that he would really like to come back, so we have started to discuss the possibility of making that happen with him. We have already made an offer for him. I would love for him to come back to show his immense talent at Lyon. Come back to where it all started that would be nice. He is interested. Would he be better on the bench of Barcelona or PSG or starting for Lyon, who could be Ligue 1 champions next season? It is up to him to decide. If he comes, I will be deeply happy.”

On the summer window:

“We will be more stable than last summer, so I could imagine one or two arrivals and then in terms of departs, we will complete.”

On Christophe Galtier:

“He is an excellent manager. He has already put our neighbours back at the top of the table. It would be good if there is a little time for him between St Étienne and here, but I cannot imagine he would be too far away from the Lyon job in the future, because he deserves it and has progressed enormously.”

On Didier Deschamps:

“I think it is a shame that the second best team in France only has one player in the squad. It is incomprehensible. Hatem Ben Arfa not in the squad? It is an incredible injustice. I am upset for him.”

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wow, that really is pretty crazy. How much more are they expecting?!

waza7111

Lyon have already said they won't sell him for less than 50 million euros.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Think we'll see at least 6-7 PL clubs braking their transfer records this summer.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Wow, that really is pretty crazy. How much more are they expecting?!
Why would they want to sell him? They are fine financially with their brand new 60k places stadium and with CL qualification worth €50m it's not worth taking risks selling your best players.

They have no replacement and will struggle to attract another 20 goals a season striker or even a 15.

Plus selling to WHU defines you as a really small time club. If you have any dignity you'll prefer being the feeder of a bigger institution.
I'm sure Marseille would be more receptive for Batshuayi though if they want a L1 striker.

m1y2

cant wait for the muppet summer, love to see premier league as strong as possible

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Aulas confirms rejecting €40m West Ham offer

In an interview with Le Progrès, Lyon President Jean Michel Aulas confirmed that he has rejected multiple offers for Alexandre Lacazette, the largest being a €40m proposal from West Ham United.

“In order to make a sale, all three parties need to be in agreement. We have refused several offers, with the largest being that of West Ham for €40m… That is also a response. I want to keep him but there is no certainty because he will decide in the end. I do not want a 28th August situation, as we have qualified for the Champions League, we find ourselves in the same situation as Monaco with Martial. A priori, he stays. If there is an offer that we cannot refuse, he will come see me and then that is it.”

itso 7

Aulas confirms rejecting €40m West Ham offer

In an interview with Le Progrès, Lyon President Jean Michel Aulas confirmed that he has rejected multiple offers for Alexandre Lacazette, the largest being a €40m proposal from West Ham United.

“In order to make a sale, all three parties need to be in agreement. We have refused several offers, with the largest being that of West Ham for €40m… That is also a response. I want to keep him but there is no certainty because he will decide in the end. I do not want a 28th August situation, as we have qualified for the Champions League, we find ourselves in the same situation as Monaco with Martial. A priori, he stays. If there is an offer that we cannot refuse, he will come see me and then that is it.”
If thats not a 'for sale' sign I don't know what is.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
If thats not a 'for sale' sign I don't know what is.
I guess the message is "I only consider offers whose amount is superior to 40m".

Sure, he won't reject crazy offers.

bucky

Really wonder how they would react to offers for Umtiti and Tolisso.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Really wonder how they would react to offers for Umtiti and Tolisso.
Lyon is still a selling club, they could leave for the right price. They may hold on to a high valuation so that they can keep most of their spine.

It's rumoured that they would prefer to sell Fekir. They will have to sell Ghezzal if renewal talks don't succeed as he enters his last year of contract. Grenier and Valbuena won't be kept.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Lyon is still a selling club, they could leave for the right price. They may hold on to a high valuation so that they can keep most of their spine.

It's rumoured that they would prefer to sell Fekir. They will have to sell Ghezzal if renewal talks don't succeed as he enters his last year of contract. Grenier and Valbuena won't be kept.
I'd take him, even after that injury. He looked so good before. Probably why I'm not in charge of a football clubs transfer budget.

bucky

I agree, but it seems getting their players will be more expensive than I thought. They obviously have every right to demand whatever fee they deem good enough. Wasn't Aulas always quite vocal about not wanting to sell their best players or demanding ridiculous fees, when in the end he sold his players for less or has their financial situation improved that much?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I agree, but it seems getting their players will be more expensive than I thought. They obviously have every right to demand whatever fee they deem good enough. Wasn't Aulas always quite vocal about not wanting to sell their best players or demanding ridiculous fees, when in the end he sold his players for less or has their financial situation improved that much?
They were in a pretty poor state a few years ago when missing out on CL regularly, having to sell every year and saving for their new stadium downsizing from their all conquering 00s side.

Fortunateley for them they unearthed a very strong homegrown generation and with additional revenue from the new stadium + CL money they don't need to sell anymore. They didn't 2 years ago when offers for Lacazette and Umtiti didn't match their valuation and only sold squad player N'Jie last year to rebalance their squad.

I expect them to keep a balanced transfer spending with sales funding recruitment. They won't need to spend a lot so I don't think it makes sense to sell many players, but what the hell do I know.

bucky

They were in a pretty poor state a few years ago when missing out on CL regularly, having to sell every year and saving for their new stadium downsizing from their all conquering 00s side.

Fortunateley for them they unearthed a very strong homegrown generation and with additional revenue from the new stadium + CL money they don't need to sell anymore. They didn't 2 years ago when offers for Lacazette and Umtiti didn't match their valuation and only sold squad player N'Jie last year to rebalance their squad.

I expect them to keep a balanced transfer spending with sales funding recruitment. They won't need to spend a lot so I don't think it makes sense to sell many players, but what the hell do I know.
Well, thanks. I was really hoping for Umtiti and Tolisso at United, but this will make things more difficult.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Now Spurs are in for him, eh? Kane and Lacazette up front.

We better get Zlatan or Aubameyang if we're letting him go to Spurs.
Lacazette is the first forward that we've been linked with that IMHO we should be going for. He is exactly what we need because he can play up front or from either flank, Kane is also incredibly good in the 10 role, adding Lacazette gives us so many more attacking options from just one player. Kane can play CF with him in a wide position, he can play CF with Kane in the 10 role and if need be they can both play right up top together. He's also the first player we've been linked with who fits the Poch system of being aggressive, physical, dynamic and hard working.

This would be a big deal for us but it's the media silly season so meh, I'll believe it when I see it.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Now Spurs are in for him, eh? Kane and Lacazette up front.

We better get Zlatan or Aubameyang if we're letting him go to Spurs.
apparently they are in for embolo as well (and berahino etc etc)
They will probably buy a striker - ideally for them somebody who can operate wide or up front so Lacazette (or Embolo)would be good options.
But honestly with Rashford developing and having Martial would Lacazette actually get that many games for us?
He will do well somewhere but I'm not convinced he is what we need right now

redwar

They will probably buy a striker - ideally for them somebody who can operate wide or up front so Lacazette (or Embolo)would be good options.
But honestly with Rashford developing and having Martial would Lacazette actually get that many games for us?
Yes if we use a 4-4-2 diamond, converting into 4-3-3, with the strikers interchanging, giving width and penetration.

--------- Martial ---------
- Raschford - Lacazette -

The question is who supports them? Do we got the fullbacks, DMs, MCs and the depth to support them?

Varun

Staff
Don't care much about lacazette but we should get Embolo.

NoPace

West ham getting big bids rejected all over the place it seems.
They're probably right to keep looking for moon shots, though. They don't seem to have too many major holes but really only Payet, Creswell and Reid are top 4 quality, I think. They have other talent, but it's either inconsistent (Kouyate, Sakho, Carroll, Lanzini) or limited (Noble, Valencia, Tomkins, Adrian).

Enigma_87

You know who
They're probably right to keep looking for moon shots, though. They don't seem to have too many major holes but really only Payet, Creswell and Reid are top 4 quality, I think. They have other talent, but it's either inconsistent (Kouyate, Sakho, Carroll, Lanzini) or limited (Noble, Valencia, Tomkins, Adrian).
Would they go for top 4 tho? It's a huge competition and I can't see them gaping the bridge with the top teams next year. Building a team rather than spending money would be a better choice IMO. Bilic is also good manager to lay the foundations.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Arsenal won't but they should. He's young-ish, got decent resale value and is French. He backed up his break through season last time around. Lyon seem to be moving the goal posts but Wenger should stick at it for Arsenal's sake.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Wenger's unwillingness to just add the extra £10-20m to their bid to actually get him signed is why they will never again mount a title challenge under him.

Not lacazette specifically, but the general trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.