Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I would rather us sign a pure number 9.

My word, Ruud would have been amazing this season. I'm pretty sure he'd have throttled Valencia right now, for his shite crossing. But I'd say Ruud would still be on 35 goals this season already. It makes you realise just how incredible of a finished he was.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
My word, Ruud would have been amazing this season. I'm pretty sure he'd have throttled Valencia right now, for his shite crossing. But I'd say Ruud would still be on 35 goals this season already. It makes you realise just how incredible of a finished he was.
You could put any of Ruud, Ole and Hernandez in this side and we'd easily be in one of the top 3 positions. Finishing really is an art, and we need more players who know how to put the ball in the back of the net with ease.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yep, the best I've seen anyway. The amount of points we've dropped solely because of poor finishing is mad.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's not a 9 and nothing else. That's a 9 1/2 to me. That's what it sounds like to me.
No it's not, unless you think that only players like Higuain and Inzaghi are 9 because Suarez,Lewandowki, Ibrahimovic or even Giroud thrive when they are involved in general play. Lacazette leads the line but he likes to do more, he likes to be involved.

JPRouve

Scout
A striker whose sole job is to finish the 27 chances we create every game. Put Van Nistelrooy in this side and we'd be in the top 2.
So you want a limited striker. Lacazette is a finisher that's his best attribute but he also has the ability to link up and he likes it, the real problem is that he is probably not good enough for a top club(CL semi finalist).

Vanya

He's the 3rd highest goal scorers in the major European leagues. Great finisher and works very hard for the team. He's also created more chances and has more key passes per game than Auba, Lewandowski and Cavani.

But he doesn't really use his head or his left foot to score goals and therefore is over reliant on his right (85% of his goals come from his right foot). His hold up play is also not at par with the best strikers. That said, I'm still surprised that no top team has gone in for him yet. He would make an excellent squad player if not a starter.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So you want a limited striker. Lacazette is a finisher that's his best attribute but he also has the ability to link up and he likes it, the real problem is that he is probably not good enough for a top club(CL semi finalist).
Not limited, just a player who doesn't go wandering off. Someone who stays between the goalposts and is on the end of chances, like a number 9 is supposed to do. Whether it's likely or not with Jose here is up for debate, but it's something I'd like to see anyway.

JPRouve

Scout
Not limited, just a player who doesn't go wandering off. Someone who stays between the goalposts and is on the end of chances, like a number 9 is supposed to do. Whether it's likely or not with Jose here is up for debate, but it's something I'd like to see anyway.
Yeah, you want a limited a striker. It's fine you can come to peace with it.:D

JPRouve

Scout
They should have signed him when they sold Suarez. Funny they went for Balotelli and Benteke instead

Dont think they could afford him now
I'm almost sure that he rejected them because he didn't thought that it was an upgrade from Lyon.

JPRouve

Scout
Would you say Ronaldo was limited?(when he played for Madrid). he used to do exactly what the poster is suggesting.
You don't really think that Ronaldo wasn't wandering off or that he was waiting for the ball? You can't possibly think that.

This is Ronaldo, the not at all limited player:

JPRouve

Scout
He wasn't wandering off after he came back from injury, for Brazil or Madrid.
He was wondering off though.

You could have used Van Basten or Batistuta as examples but not Ronaldo.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He was wondering off though.

You could have used Van Basten or Batistuta as examples but not Ronaldo.
Van Basten? The guy who simultaneously played as CF, LW, AM, RW and CM in the same game?

Bojan11

You could put any of Ruud, Ole and Hernandez in this side and we'd easily be in one of the top 3 positions. Finishing really is an art, and we need more players who know how to put the ball in the back of the net with ease.
Hernandez?

He should never be mentioned in the same breathe as RVN.

Womp

idiot
Hernandez?

He should never be mentioned in the same breathe as RVN.
Can't discount the fact that Chica puts the ball in the back of the net though. His movement off the ball is top notch, one of the best around, always in the right place. More of an instinct striker though.

RVN was a different beast, mind.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm talking about strikers with top class finishing ability. And Hernandez, despite flaws in his build up play, puts the ball into the back of the net when given a chance more often than not. He's a lethal finisher.
Nowadays, it's rare for successful teams to use this type of players that only exclusively hover around the box. Teams prefer to not play with 10 players which has always been the problem that someone like Mario Gomez had to face.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I'm talking about strikers with top class finishing ability. And Hernandez, despite flaws in his build up play, puts the ball into the back of the net when given a chance more often than not. He's a lethal finisher.
He's really not.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good move for him. They will need help with Griezmann leaving and Torres no longer viable.

Xeno

This feels like when Griezmann left Sociedad and you just knew he was going to explode. Or Aubameyang from Saint-Etienne. So obvious.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
how is it that other clubs can consistently make intelligent purchases like this, yet we continue to have incomplete teams...

edcunited1878

how is it that other clubs can consistently make intelligent purchases like this, yet we continue to have incomplete teams...
Because other teams are settled. United stopped refreshing the squad the last year or two of Fergie, it stopped entirely Year Moyes and the chopping and changing at will has been happening the past 3 years.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
If last summer some other team signed Zlatan for free, or Bailly who now looks to be a bargain, would you say the same thing about them? ;)

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Gameiro, Gaitan, Martinez, Vietto, Mandzukic and Cerci weren’t necessarily stunning successes. They are quite hit-n-miss (Griezmann, YFC and Oblak on the plus side).

NYAS

And yet again, Arsenal just passively watching from the corner with their cock in hand..

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This feels like when Griezmann left Sociedad and you just knew he was going to explode. Or Aubameyang from Saint-Etienne. So obvious.
Hopefully he'll be more Jackson Martinez than Griezmann :drool::drool::drool:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Looks like atleti rumours are true.
Atleti are in financial problem, they will need to repay loans they have taken to build the new stadium. I do not think they can buy him without selling a player.

Inter Yer Nan

If they can keep Griezmann and with Carrasco, Saul improving and Simeone keeping the defensive organization top drawer that would be a very exciting Atletico team certainly capable of repeating the 2013/2014 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.