Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Can't blame Lyon for demanding silly money. When Lukaku is being talked about as a £60m+ signing, Stones has gone for £50m, Pogba for £89m, Sane £37m etc etc. Foreign clubs must see the premier league as a gold mine.
So true :lol:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
It was a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Looks a bit like Kanye West in that celebration. What a goal, though. I would still prefer Icardi but God knows how much he'd cost so getting Lacazette would probably be more realistic.

Paxi

Isn't Lacazette supposed to cost upwards of £50M ?

Yeah probably 50-60 million but I think Icardi would cost 70-75 million. Of course this all baseless speculation coming from me. Unless someone knows his release clause and wants to correct me. :)

JG3001

I've said elsewhere and in discussions with people, that I'm really surprised Arsenal never went in for this guy. I wouldn't mind him at United, think he'd work really well as part of a 2 man strike partnership, even though that's not our style as things stand

Infra-red

I don't think he's a prototypical Mourinho striker as his system of play generally calls for someone who can hold up the ball and bring wide forwards (who are usually the ones making the runs in behind) into play. That being said, we're averaging more possession than a typical Mourinho side and he's even broken his cardinal four-man-defence rule this evening, so who knows...

lsd

The Oracle
Yes let's buy every player in the world who has ever scored a goal

Baxter

Yes let's buy every player in the world who has ever scored a goal
In fairness, this guy has scored over 80 goals in the last 3 seasons.

I was more impressed with Tolisso today though, and his goal was class too.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
A very good player, but if we are looking to buy a striker, I'd rather spend the money on Lukaku (who I don't rate too highly, though is tried and tested in the EPL).
This guy would be good for a team like LFC, who aspire to be in 4th, 5th, 6th place. But if you want to win the league or go for in the CL, I wouldn't trust this guy.

I will put it another way, he is not nearly as good as Ibrahimovic (who can score 30 goals a season in all comps) and we'd be stuck with him for around 3-4 years. I'd expect him to score around 20 goals in all comps, which is not good enough for a MUFC main striker.

Spurs will have Kane.
Everton Lukaku.
MCFC will have Aguerro.
CFC will have Costa.
I believe Lacazette is a higher risk than any of the above. Perfect for LFC, though.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He's scored 22 league goals this season...10 of them are penalties

Winrar

A very good player, but if we are looking to buy a striker, I'd rather spend the money on Lukaku (who I don't rate too highly, though is tried and tested in the EPL).
This guy would be good for a team like LFC, who aspire to be in 4th, 5th, 6th place. But if you want to win the league or go for in the CL, I wouldn't trust this guy.

I will put it another way, he is not nearly as good as Ibrahimovic (who can score 30 goals a season in all comps) and we'd be stuck with him for around 3-4 years. I'd expect him to score around 20 goals in all comps, which is not good enough for a MUFC main striker.

Spurs will have Kane.
Everton Lukaku.
MCFC will have Aguerro.
CFC will have Costa.
I believe Lacazette is a higher risk than any of the above. Perfect for LFC, though.
Lukaku would probably cost a arm and a leg, although as you said he's a PL proven talent.

Not sure what he thinks of Mourinho either, but considering how he's willing to use Mata again after abandoning him at Chelsea I doubt that will be too much of a concern.

bucky

He's scored 22 league goals this season...10 of them are penalties
To be fair, he doesn't get enough support. Fekir has steadily improved over the course of the season, but hasn't reached his old level yet. Ghezzal has been a disappointment and Valbuena is inconsistent. Cornet is simply young and needs more time. I reckon that he would score more than he already has with more consistent players beside him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This looks like it's going to be the only time Lukaku breaks 20+ goals in a season himself. I don't really rate Lacazette incredibly highly but his goal ratio is a weird thing to criticise him on.

Skills

Snitch
There must be a good reason that none of the big clubs have touched him despite the hype/goal record over the last 3 or so years. In the same time, the likes of Dembele, Martial and now Mbappe (probably) got snapped up as soon as possible with less to show.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There must be a good reason that none of the big clubs have touched him despite the hype/goal record over the last 3 or so years. In the same time, the likes of Dembele, Martial and now Mbappe (probably) got snapped up as soon as possible with less to show.
Lyon aren't a selling club, Aulas is a pain in the ass and he is a huge fan of his club(Lyon). Also he is too much of a playmaking type of striker, you can't really plug him upfront since he is only worth his potential price, if you involve him in the general play. He is the type of striker that managers like Guardiola, Sarri or Bielsa would like.

Last edited:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's for the same reason the likes of Aubameyang, Icardi, Griezmann, Kane or Lukaku are still at their club. No striker spot open at the top clubs who have no incentive to break the bank, those prolific strikers are very important for their clubs who don't want to sell them, especially on the cheap, and players sometimes like to show a bit of loyalty before eventually moving on.

lopiop

Rooney gone in the summer the number ten shirt is waiting for him

JON.B

Sloop
Don't know why but I just have the feeling that he wouldn't cut it in the Premier League for some reason.

JG3001

It's for the same reason the likes of Aubameyang, Icardi, Griezmann, Kane or Lukaku are still at their club. No striker spot open at the top clubs who have no incentive to break the bank, those prolific strikers are very important for their clubs who don't want to sell them, especially on the cheap, and players sometimes like to show a bit of loyalty before eventually moving on.
I agree, top strikers who can consistently deliver 20+ goals a season are gold dust. Why sell them for 50-75 mil when you are going to have to spend the same to replace them.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Lyon aren't a selling club, Aulas is a pain in the ass and he is a huge fan of his club(Lyon). Also he is too much of a playmaking type of striker, you can't really plug him upfront since he is only worth his potential price, if you involve him in the general play. He is the type of striker that managers like Guardiola, Sarri or Bielsa would like.

Where does he start at the moment? How do you rate him?

I started to hate him just because a mate always shouts Laaaaaa – kaaaaa –ssssetttt like a maniac, when he scores goals with him against me in fifa….

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Where does he start at the moment? How do you rate him?

I started to hate him just because a mate always shouts Laaaaaa – kaaaaa –ssssetttt like a maniac, when he scores goals with him against me in fifa….
He starts upfront but he is like a poor's man Benzema, he is the type of striker that links up a lot and his frustrated when his teammates don't involve him. Personally I think that he is pretty good but that's not what everyone thinks.

Paxi

What does that mean? He is a nine and nothing else.

You just said this

He starts upfront but he is like a poor's man Benzema, he is the type of striker that links up a lot and his frustrated when his teammates don't involve him. Personally I think that he is pretty good but that's not what everyone thinks.
That's not a 9 and nothing else. That's a 9 1/2 to me. That's what it sounds like to me.

Robin van Persie claims his partnership with Wayne Rooney is blossoming due to the two Manchester United strikers adopting a brand new position - the 'nine and a half'.

The Dutchman says the pair interchange between the more forward position, traditionally the No 9 spot, and the creative No 10 position linking with midfield.

Van Persie has scored 10 goals for United since his summer move from Arsenal - helped significant by his forming an immediate understanding with Rooney.

Double trouble: Robin van Persie has hailed his partnership with Wayne Rooney

Van Persie told the club's official website: 'I call it a nine and a half because you have two positions, the nine and the 10, and we are both nine and a half.

'We are just helping each other out. We both play behind and a bit higher up. It seems to be working well and I am very happy with Wayne - hopefully we can keep it going.'

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said the flexibility to the partnership was key but that the pair had yet to hit the highest level together, even if there were flashes in the 2-1 win over the Gunners.

Ferguson said: 'There's flexibility there and the right type of movement. They also both have the courage to play in these positions. Robin's not far away in that respect.

'They're both mobile players and good footballers with a great desire to play and win. I don't think you saw the best of them as a partnership against Arsenal.'

Status
Not open for further replies.