Alexis Mac Allister | Liverpool watch

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Liverpool always manage to do good business. It has been like that for quite a while. What can ya do
Yeah, Nunez, Kieta, Carvalho, Melo, Shaqiri are all blinding business.

Although the jury is still out on Nunez.

Davie Moyes

Liverpool include huge add ons in transfer offers which are easily done (mostly through appearances).
That is a secret behind their "smaller" initial fees. In Nunez transfer they had 5 mil for 10 games played and another 10 mil for 60 games played.
Spot on.

EireRed_GS

Been just saying to my liverpool mate, will be interesting to see how much impact he has when hes not on every set piece like he was at Brighton.

Crimson King

Liverpool always manage to do good business. It has been like that for quite a while. What can ya do
Nunez, Keita, Oxlade, Melo, Karius, Nathan Phillips, Kabak, Minamino, Markovic, Clyne. None of them set the world alight, and a few of them weren't cheap.

United have wasted a ridiculous amount of money, especially when that chode Woodward was pulling the strings, but let's not pretend that Liverpool haven't signed their own share of duds under Klopp too. Although, admittedly, they spend less money doing it.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Nunez, Keita, Oxlade, Melo, Karius, Nathan Phillips, Kabak, Minamino, Markovic, Clyne. None of them set the world alight, and a few of them weren't cheap.

United have wasted a ridiculous amount of money, especially when that chode Woodward was pulling the strings, but let's not pretend that Liverpool haven't signed their own share of duds under Klopp too. Although, admittedly, they spend less money doing it.
Not Klopp signings. And Clyne was a good payer ruined by injury.

Karius, Phillips, Minamino were dead cheap. Arthur and Kabak were loans.

In context i still hold Karius to be Klopp's worst signing even though he cost very little. he was playing and really lowering the level of the team.

But in terms of monetary waste, that's not a compelling list for your argument.

mu4c_20le

We often give Fred a lot of crap around here, but Keita cost just as much and was a complete write off. He alone is enough for any 'argument'. Then you had the wonderful summer last year.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Konate,Diaz,Nunez,Gakpo and now this guy. All a downgrade on the level of player they purchased before. Long may it continue.
Downgrade on what? Sometimes managers make players a lot better… we’ve seen over the years that signing ready made superstars isn’t always good. Look at people like di Maria, cavani. Sometimes the cheaper players are the best ones to sign. Less pressure.

dinostar77

Said 55m on BBC earlier now says 35 rising to 55. How do they sign the likes of those players for such small fees. We signed vdb for that kinda money
Add-ons that are easily achievable, otherwise brighton wouldnt have sanctioned the deal.

Crimson King

Not Klopp signings. And Clyne was a good payer ruined by injury.

Karius, Phillips, Minamino were dead cheap. Arthur and Kabak were loans.

In context i still hold Karius to be Klopp's worst signing even though he cost very little. he was playing and really lowering the level of the team.

My argument was that not every signing Liverpool make works out. It's compelling enough for that.

I conceded that they hadn't wasted money to the extent Utd's hierarchy have. Keita was signed for a lot of money at the time and didn't live up to his reputation. Nunez was very expensive, but there's still time he'll work out.

DJ_21

Did he say he rejected us as we play in the CL and he’s not mentally ready? He thinks playing in the Europa league with a big team will help his development. If that isn’t small time mentality then I don’t know what is :lol: what player chooses europa over CL. They should be challenging themselves.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Did he say he rejected us as we play in the CL and he’s not mentally ready? He thinks playing in the Europa league with a big team will help his development. If that isn’t small time mentality then I don’t know what is :lol: what player chooses europa over CL. They should be challenging themselves.
Have a guess If you think world cup winner Mac Allister really said that.

DJ_21

Said 55m on BBC earlier now says 35 rising to 55. How do they sign the likes of those players for such small fees. We signed vdb for that kinda money
They have a better transfer team.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
£35m - meanwhile, we shell out £80m like its nothing.

We never seem to be on the good end of any transfer business when it comes to value!
I'm afraid the club has a reputation for overpaying and other teams jack up the price when Man Utd come calling !

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Source?

Von Mistelroum

It's very weird how obsessive the media are about this £35m tag. It's on everything that every outlet posts with zero mention of any add-ons. We have this exact same deal and you can be certain it'll be £55m everywhere and probably media inflation on top of that too, United's new £60m star needs to prove he's worth such a huge sum!

Cloud7

Shame that I have to hope that he flops and his club career fizzles away into nothingness now

Simon Powley

Do people actually believe that twitter quite is real? How gullible are some people???? :lol:

Waynne

You don't pursue players one after the other, talks are done in parallel and the issue with them isn't one of time but to find an agreement that satisfies all parties, more time doesn't impact the core issue.

And my question would be out of the hundreds of thousands of transfer that you have seen, is there any pattern suggesting that a player that arrives on July 1st is actually ready before a player that arrives on July 15th or August 30th? I could be wrong but I haven't noticed any pattern, some players need a few weeks, others need a few months and others don't need any time. My observation is that it's a case by case outcome, that no one has been able to systematically predict.

Where I would agree with you is if we were talking about peace of mind on that particular topic for the staff but that's marginal.
Oh ok. Thanks for the insight. I've gained a better understanding on this. I didn't know that talks are done in parallel.

Davie Moyes

It's very weird how obsessive the media are about this £35m tag. It's on everything that every outlet posts with zero mention of any add-ons. We have this exact same deal and you can be certain it'll be £55m everywhere and probably media inflation on top of that too, United's new £60m star needs to prove he's worth such a huge sum!
Absolutely. Even the BBC are doing the same. Makes me think it's how Liverpool as a club release the transfer fee info.... alongside that all the player have turned down Utd also.

mu4c_20le

Absolutely. Even the BBC are doing the same. Makes me think it's how Liverpool as a club release the transfer fee info.... alongside that all the player have turned down Utd also.
The comments on bbc are hilarious

Redcy

Every Liverpool signing is cheap, was always a boy hood fan, and rejected United. Its been the narrative going on for years, I remember Kewell, Keane, etc, all saying it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Every Liverpool signing is cheap, was always a boy hood fan, and rejected United. Its been the narrative going on for years, I remember Kewell, Keane, etc, all saying it.
True, I'm under the impression that they all get that interview in the Liverpool Echo(?) where they reveal their love and obsession for the club. Barcelona has the same trick.:lol: