g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alexis Mac Allister | Liverpool watch

ShoePolish

Probably tapping him up most of the season to make them his prefered destination, then got gentlemans agreement from Brighton to be let go in summer if he stays in Jan.

BuzzKillington

How much is he on a week. Can we not get them to add that to it and refer to it as a “Liverpool splash the cash in £100m deal” like it would be for us.

Jeffthered

There you go. Good signing, decent price.

I'm not sure what's going on at our club but we're still a little behind the curve. I do worry about next season if we don't sort ourselves out.

BTW, I do like the look of both Emerson and Paqueta at West Ham.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
He's more like a Jota signing than a Mane signing.

MadMike

I'm not sure what's going on at our club but we're still a little behind the curve. I do worry about next season if we don't sort ourselves out.

Season only finished like 10 days ago, most clubs have signed no one. Relax a little

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
How much is he on a week. Can we not get them to add that to it and refer to it as a “Liverpool splash the cash in £100m deal” like it would be for us.
Was apparently around £50k at Brighton and around £150k at Liverpool.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Isn't it beneficial to get your priority signings in as early as legally possible?
That's an interesting question. I don't think that there is any substantial benefits, primarily because you don't sign priority signings for a few month and I don't think that there is a systemic benefit to get a player at a particular time during a transfer window.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Konate,Diaz,Nunez,Gakpo and now this guy. All a downgrade on the level of player they purchased before. Long may it continue.

Waynne

That's an interesting question. I don't think that there is any substantial benefits, primarily because you don't sign priority signings for a few month and I don't think that there is a systemic benefit to get a player at a particular time during a transfer window.
If you're able to get in say 2 targets out of 4 as early as possible, wouldn't that give you more time to scoop up the remaining ones? Liverpool seeem to be doing this regularly in wrapping up signings asap. Also you're looking at pre-season games to get your new player bedded in. You'll want that to be from the very first pre-season game to hit the ground running at the start of the new season.

I dunno that's just my logical understanding of it. Get signings in early, give then enough time during pre-season and start the new season on the front foot.

L1nk

"No other clubs (inc CL qualified) were ready to do business"

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Wasn't Naylor as much in the dark about this transfer as everyone else? Barring Romano (for a change).

Naylor claimed there was no clause when clearly there was something like a clause/agreement.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If you're able to get in say 2 targets out of 4 as early as possible, wouldn't that give you more time to scoop up the remaining ones? Liverpool seeem to be doing this regularly in wrapping up signings asap. Also you're looking at pre-season games to get your new player bedded in. You'll want that to be from the very first pre-season game to hit the ground running at the start of the new season.

I dunno that's just my logical understanding of it. Get signings in early, give then enough time during pre-season and start the new season on the front foot.
You don't pursue players one after the other, talks are done in parallel and the issue with them isn't one of time but to find an agreement that satisfies all parties, more time doesn't impact the core issue.

And my question would be out of the hundreds of thousands of transfer that you have seen, is there any pattern suggesting that a player that arrives on July 1st is actually ready before a player that arrives on July 15th or August 30th? I could be wrong but I haven't noticed any pattern, some players need a few weeks, others need a few months and others don't need any time. My observation is that it's a case by case outcome, that no one has been able to systematically predict.

Where I would agree with you is if we were talking about peace of mind on that particular topic for the staff but that's marginal.

Jeffthered

Season only finished like 10 days ago, most clubs have signed no one. Relax a little
Hmmm. Have to agree to disagree there. I have seen far too many drawn-out-throughout -the-summer transfer sagas. Madrid get Bellingham. Liverpool get Mac Allister.

Let's get business done early. All the players etc on hols anyway.. doesn't affect them.

This should be the job of a team.at United. Identifying, negotiating and signing players.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Unless you’re living under a rock I’d think it’s pretty obvious what’s happening

nakpodiareuben

I think this is a very good deal for Liverpool and for that price? It's a steal. I really need united to make similar shrewed signings

Bangor_Red

Said 55m on BBC earlier now says 35 rising to 55. How do they sign the likes of those players for such small fees. We signed vdb for that kinda money

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was always a bit of an irritating little fella, moving to this lot can only multiple that out to irrational levels.

Gordon Godot

The earliest legally possible is 1st of July. That's when the transfer window opens.

Indeed. Every year people are losing their mind that we haven't signed anyone even before the season has finished.
And every year we are lot, waste time chasing the unobtainable and then overpaying for the average. Nothing changes

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Incredible signing for the dippers. Bafflingly low price.

Seriously odd that Utd weren’t in for him as he’s a very versatile midfielder who can play anywhere from DM to 10… really, really weird - especially as for once we had CL footy and Liverpool don’t, so could genuinely offer him something more.

This will be one of those transfers that gets referenced A LOT imo.

Salford_Red83

Said 55m on BBC earlier now says 35 rising to 55. How do they sign the likes of those players for such small fees. We signed vdb for that kinda money
£35m release clause.
Coming to the end of his contract.
Nobody else was in for him.

Davie Moyes

I see BBC are now also getting in on the act now of reporting Liverpool fees as only the up front fee. I can only conclude this means that Liverpool as a club release and present the figures this way.

However this will be in the same vein as Nunez reportedly costing around approx 60m euros but rising to 100m euros when those addons were really easily achievable like making 20 appearances or to that effect.
On the other hand with us the Martial fee is constantly reported as £58m (when it included Balon Dor clause) or Amad's fee where we constantly hear £40m when the initial fee was around £19m.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
BBC says £55m

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65842033

Anyway, still good transfer for Pool. Klopp type midfielder
They've since updated it.

Liverpool have completed a £35m deal to sign midfielder Alexis Mac Allister from Brighton on a five-year contract.

The fee could rise to £55m for the Argentina playmaker, who helped Brighton finish sixth in the Premier League last term to qualify for Europe for the first time.

tomaldinho1

"No other clubs (inc CL qualified) were ready to do business"
Classic twitter nothing quote. It doesn't say there were other CL qualified clubs in contact, just that none were ready to do business.

Wout Weghorst's move to Everton confirmed.
  • Contact was made 3 minutes ago at the C suite level.
  • No other clubs (including Real Madrid) were ready to do business.
  • Weghort wanted to join Everton, rather than waiting.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Liverpool include huge add ons in transfer offers which are easily done (mostly through appearances).
That is a secret behind their "smaller" initial fees. In Nunez transfer they had 5 mil for 10 games played and another 10 mil for 60 games played.

gajender

He wasn’t coming to the end of his contract. He signed a new one before the WC.
He had year on his contract when he signed the new one maybe his stipulation to extend was lowish release Clause or walking out on free .

Kinky Melinky

Liverpool always manage to do good business. It has been like that for quite a while. What can ya do

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Think it's a good signing considering their problems in midfield, they need at least another signing in the midfield (a physically gifted player to cover TAAs gaps on the right) and reinforcements in defence to get back into the Champions League places IMO.

Maybe a little on the slow side but massive physical upgrade on the likes of Thiago/ Elliot (I think he is shit but Klopp seems to love him).

Surprised Arsenal/City weren't in at that price as I feel he would do a great job in their systems too (Gundogan light).

Mount is probably the more physically gifted player but I'm not sure he's worth (allegedly) double of the Alexis (alleged) fee.