Alexis offered to Roma

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why not try him on no10? His work rate was never in question. I think that he would be great there. Better than Lingard at least( he can't be worse)

R'hllor

Dont think he even wants to be here, dont think he ever wanted to join us but guess money played a part and him being sick of same old Arsenal i guess.

Marcus

Ok having seen the team play the first 2 games, I am comfortable selling Sanchez. He will just be blocking the progress of our youngsters. He is not going to happily sit on the bench.

roykeane19

We sold Lukkaku and herrera without any replacements, we cant sell our most talented player whos better than most our of current attackers bar Martial, especially being so short, he has the quality, just needs a run of games and confidence

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Dont think he even wants to be here, dont think he ever wanted to join us but guess money played a part and him being sick of same old Arsenal i guess.
Its amazing city dodged him. They have had a stretch where pretty much all of their signings are the right ones. Didnt they dodge kaka when he was declining as well. Even though he turned them down they got lucky there. At this stage in sanchez career its all about collecting his money. So you cant even threaten him with not playing or losing your national team spot with no football

Last edited by a moderator:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
When does Italian window close? Some articles say 2nd Sep but I remember reading somewhere that it closes this Friday, on 23rd.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's most likely going. Ole didn't deny it in the post match comments either.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We sold Lukkaku and herrera without any replacements, we cant sell our most talented player whos better than most our of current attackers bar Martial, especially being so short, he has the quality, just needs a run of games and confidence
Sanchez isn't better than anybody. He's been an absokutela farcsical player. You could argue that he could perform at Lingard's level if he improves but there's been no sign on much else. I'd rather give opportunities to Mata, Greenwood and Gomes.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Actually they are very happy. They think they have signed two great players and to be a possible winner of Serie A next year.
I think that to be Scudetto challengers we need another top midfielder in the middle of the park, someone like SMS or Rakitic.... if not, I see it hard to believe.
Anyway: we are happy, I remember that under Conte we have seen average players like Giaccherini, Pelle, Matri, Vucinic, etc. playing like good players... imagine with Sanchez :D

Tomb Bombadil

Supports
Arsenal
Why not try him on no10? His work rate was never in question. I think that he would be great there. Better than Lingard at least( he can't be worse)
I guess he would have had a better impact than all the other subs. At least I wouldn't loan him out and pay a lot of his wages. If you sell Alexis you are really light in attack. I see Rahsford and Martial as starting material. Lingard and James shouldn't start every game and without Alexis you just have Mata and Perreira (+Greenwood, Chong).

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Did you even remember he’s still here?
When Martial pulls his hamstring, Rashford has to go off injured and Lingard ends up playing up front, you'll definitely remember that Sanchez isn't here.

Seems completely mad to me. Basically gambling our entire season on two players both being fit enough to play 60 odd games. If we wanted to get rid of Lukaku and Sanchez we should have signed a replacement striker.

Mainoldo

When Martial pulls his hamstring, Rashford has to go off injured and Lingard ends up playing up front, you'll definitely remember that Sanchez isn't here.

Seems completely mad to me. Basically gambling our entire season on two players both being fit enough to play 60 odd games. If we wanted to get rid of Lukaku and Sanchez we should have signed a replacement striker.
Very good... and when Mané pulls a hamstring and Salah goes of injured maybe Liverpool will finish 8th.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Very good... and when Mané pulls a hamstring and Salah goes of injured maybe Liverpool will finish 8th.
We aren't Liverpool. Liverpool also have Firminho, and a better team than us.

I'm not sure what your point is. It's not exactly unlikely that we'll need to do without Rashford and/or Martial at some point. I mean, it happened literally last season, and the only thing that bailed us out at the time was Lukaku.

Francis Abernathy

One problem with keeping him as back up/benchwarming is the assumption that he'll be fine with that & he'll give his best when called upon.

crossy1686

career ending

Mata, Lingard, Rashford Martial, Gomes, Chong, James and Greenwood can all play in Sanchez position and cannot do a worse job than he has.

Gambling our season on Sanchez coming good despite 18 months of absolute shitness is crazier in my opinion.

Gomes

Gambling our season on Sanchez coming good despite 18 months of absolute shitness is crazier in my opinion.
How is not selling Sanchez gambling? If anything, selling him and thinking we will be fine with Rashford, Martial and 5-minute-man Greenwood is.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Mata, Lingard, Rashford Martial, Gomes, Chong, James and Greenwood can all play in Sanchez position and cannot do a worse job than he has.

Who is going to play up front when Rashford and Martial can't? Considering the plan seems to be to start both every game.

Not sure I'd exactly feel confident with a front line of James, Greenwood and Lingard. That's a low end of table front three in front of an at best mid table midfield.

crossy1686

career ending
How is not selling Sanchez gambling? If anything, selling him and thinking we will be fine with Rashford, Martial and 5-minute-man Greenwood is.
Because he isn't going to play and throwing him in if those two get injured thinking he's going to score 20 goals this season is beyond naive. That time is better given to Greenwood, James, Chong or Gomes in order to aid their development, and I'm sure you can see the irony in your own post by labelling Greenwood a 5 minute man after the second game of the season...

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We won't be fine with a Rashford, Martial and Greenwood but the situation won’t be any better with Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and a £375k a week passenger who contributed nothing positive last season.

crossy1686

career ending
Who is going to play up front when Rashford and Martial can't? Considering the plan seems to be to start both every game.

Not sure I'd exactly feel confident with a front line of James, Greenwood and Lingard. That's a low end of table front three in front of an at best mid table midfield.
How do I know? But we all agree that Sanchez is going to do any better than anything we have in the reserves so why cling to this notion that we need him? We didn't have any strikers under LVG once and Rashford got a start, wonder what happened to that lad?

And anyway, Sanchez isn't a striker, he's never played there, even for Chile he played out on the LW so lets not pretend he's going to learn to play in a new position when he can't even play in his current position.

Shobbster

Nothing says Sanchez can't be played back into form. Give him 10 games and after that make a decision. At least he won't hide like Lingard.

crossy1686

career ending
We won't be fine with a Rashford, Martial and Greenwood but the situation won’t be any better with Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and a £375k a week passenger who contributed nothing positive last season.
£560k a week apparently. It costs us £30m a season to keep him on the bench...

Mainoldo

We aren't Liverpool. Liverpool also have Firminho, and a better team than us.

I'm not sure what your point is. It's not exactly unlikely that we'll need to do without Rashford and/or Martial at some point. I mean, it happened literally last season, and the only thing that bailed us out at the time was Lukaku.
My point is every bloody team in this league except City get weaker if two strikers get injured. So highlighting the point like we are the only team in England that become weaker with key injuries is dumb and boring. Especially when the player in question has had 4 good games in two seasons. Get a grip.

Last edited:

Tomb Bombadil

Supports
Arsenal
Compare: Salah - Firminho - Mané / Shaqiri - Origi - Ox
To: Lingard - Martial - Rashford / Mata - Greenwood - James

Of course if they lose Salah or Mane it's a hugh blow but they have some good BU options where I don't see the BU at United good enough if someone got injured for a longer period. So why not keep Sanchez and having a different offensive option with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
How do I know? But we all agree that Sanchez is going to do any better than anything we have in the reserves so why cling to this notion that we need him? We didn't have any strikers under LVG once and Rashford got a start, wonder what happened to that lad?

And anyway, Sanchez isn't a striker, he's never played there, even for Chile he played out on the LW so lets not pretend he's going to learn to play in a new position when he can't even play in his current position.
We also finished 6th that season largely because we didn't score enough goals...and actually had more strikers than we have now.

It's not about trusting youth. The younger players will get games Anyway, but relying on 18 year olds to get you goals and results is stupid.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
which is a point everyone is overlooking, what if the player has decided he wants to go? There's already discontent with Sanchez earning what he does among the rest of the playing staff, if he starts being disruptive because he doesn't want to be here (like Lukaku over the summer) why would anyone want that negativity to stick around?

Get rid and if things do take a turn for the worst in terms in injuries between now and January just bring in Llorente on a free if he's still available to give us an option

Like I said it's laughable that in almost every thread there's cries about Mata and Lingard taking the minutes Gomes should be getting and yet people want Sanchez to stay because Greenwood should be relied upon? Does not compute

crossy1686

career ending
We also finished 6th that season largely because we didn't score enough goals...and actually had more strikers than we have now.

It's not about trusting youth. The younger players will get games Anyway, but relying on 18 year olds to get you goals and results is stupid.
I think we're relying on the team to get us goals, not some kids from the reserves. We've always had a 25+ a season goalscorer but we've also always had a hefty amount of goals come from the midfield and defenders also. This is something we will need to get back to in coming months, the team needs to score more on average.

Mainoldo

Compare: Salah - Firminho - Mané / Shaqiri - Origi - Ox
To: Lingard - Martial - Rashford / Mata - Greenwood - James

Of course if they lose Salah or Mane it's a hugh blow but they have some good BU options where I don't see the BU at United good enough if someone got injured for a longer period. So why not keep Sanchez and having a different offensive option with him.
Doesn’t answer my point that Sanchez has scored 4 goals since he’s been here. What is he going to do. Play and get 25 goals out of his arse.

crossy1686

career ending
Doesn’t answer my point that Sanchez has scored 4 goals since he’s been here. What is he going to do. Play and get 25 goals out of his arse.
:nono: This is not a discussion for a factual argument. Sanchez IS the 25 goal a season striker (despite being a left winger) we desperately need to win the league.

Mainoldo

:nono: This is not a discussion for a factual argument. Sanchez IS the 25 goal a season striker (despite being a left winger) we desperately need to win the league.
They just love to moan even if what they are moaning about makes no sense to what we have witnessed.

Yagami

Good post resistant
After Pogba, I think he's actually been our most creative player despite a lot of his killer passes not reaching its target.

I look at our bench last night and think "keep him for now". Our attacking depth is non-existent already.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
To the people who are saying something along the lines of “we’re getting rid of our deadwood, why are you still complaining” - well, we might not actually be permanently getting rid of him as Inter have the option to buy.

For me, this is the biggest issue with this deal. I would be more than happy if I knew he was gone for good, but he could rock up as a United player at the start of the new season and we’ll just have the same problem again.

Al-T

Ole seems to have moved his stance. A few days ago, Sanchez would be playing more games than you might expect. Post match yesterday he says let's see what happens in the next few weeks.

Looks like he'll be off and hopefully a good chunk of his wages off the books. It would leave us light up front. Maybe the press speculation about Llorente will come to something.

crossy1686

career ending
Ole seems to have moved his stance. A few days ago, Sanchez would be playing more games than you might expect. Post match yesterday he says let's see what happens in the next few weeks.

Looks like he'll be off and hopefully a good chunk of his wages off the books. It would leave us light up front. Maybe the press speculation about Llorente will come to something.
I suspect he's had a chat with Sanchez and Sanchez has outlined his desire to play on the LW as his preferred position. Ole's told him he's behind Rashford, Martial and maybe James in the pecking order for LW so he'll have to fight for it, hence his comments about Sanchez staying last week and giving him an option. Sanchez has most likely decided he isn't up for fighting for his place so he fancies the Inter move where their LW has just fecked off to Bayern.

slir32

Why does Sanzhez want to play LW he is rubbish at it. He is a fantastic 10 he even did well in the pre season for us in that position under Jose.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This goes deeper than footballing ability. There were clearly some rotten apples in the squad last season. Maybe Sanchez was and is one of them.

Is Sturridge still a free agent?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I think we're relying on the team to get us goals, not some kids from the reserves. We've always had a 25+ a season goalscorer but we've also always had a hefty amount of goals come from the midfield and defenders also. This is something we will need to get back to in coming months, the team needs to score more on average.
There are not enough goals in the team and we were already basically counting on Sanchez to chip in a lot more. I was fine with that on the basis there was no alternative. Now we are just being destructive to our own chances.

Take Sanchez out and instead of gambling on him and some untried youngsters to fill the gaps, you're putting all the pressure on the youngsters.

Greenwood in particular is a fantastic talent, but how many goals did even someone like Ronaldo or Messi get at that age? Not many. It's a ridiculous situation to put the squad in.

Unless Sanchez is causing a lot of problems with team harmony j don't get it...and even if he was that meant signing another forward was not really a choice.