Alexis offered to Roma

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
This sounds like a terrible deal for us.
Loan him to Inter,pay half his wages and no obligation to buy,which most likely means Inter will send him right back to us next summer.
Awful deal.

Going into a new season with Rashford,Martial and Greenwood as our only strikers seems a big risk.
Not at all awful. Inter are paying half of his wage this season. That's miles better than us paying all of his wages for almost nothing in return.

SteveW

Nothing would make me happier than to get this guy out of the club.

Castia

If somebody told me 18 months ago when we signed him that he’ll be absolutely shite and we’d actually pay him 200k a week to play elsewhere on loan I’d never believe it.

What a disaster, from comfortably a top 5 PL player to absolutely useless within a few months.

MartinRed

Fingers crossed on this one.I will personaly send Conte basket with treats as personal gift.Make that two baskets.:wenger:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
The good thing about this really is that Ole obviously has a lot of faith in Greenwood.

Here's hoping.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If somebody told me 18 months ago when we signed him that he’ll be absolutely shite and we’d actually pay him 200k a week to play elsewhere on loan I’d never believe it.

What a disaster, from comfortably a top 5 PL player to absolutely useless within a few months.
It's been so disappointing it's unreal.
That excitement at amazingly getting him then that slow realisation that he's totally shot.

Every step of the Rooney path too.
Wrong position, needs to be fit, needs legs around him, blaming other players for "getting in his space" etc.
Before we finally accepted it.

We need an rvn

Winning the PL second?
like @SteveW said basically. Getting rid of players who aren't pulling their weight (not pun intended) but earning a fortune are the worst players to have at a club and can be a bad influence on young players and bad for team morale. There's no way we're winning the league this year so get rid of them, give the best kids some valuable game time and see what happens.

I'd like to think we can't do worse than last year's position given how our defence already looks much more balanced etc.

We need an rvn

Imagine being an Inter Milan fan right now.
what, happy they think they've snapped up two internations who will probably rip up seria A, or crapping themselves they've bought two duds that another manager thinks can turn things around?

Personally, I think they'll both do well in la liga and be happier than they were at United - but glad they're out of our club as the glove just didn't fit

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
what, happy they think they've snapped up two internations who will probably rip up seria A, or crapping themselves they've bought two duds that another manager thinks can turn things around?

Personally, I think they'll both do well in la liga and be happier than they were at United - but glad they're out of our club as the glove just didn't fit
I think Lukaku will do better but Sanchez is done.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

:wenger:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
On another note what are inter milan doing!!
He's having his medical with Inter tomorrow according to the M.E.N. Looks like we've gotten rid of him.

We must remember to be thankful to the kind people at Inter Milan, first they take the fat boy off our hands and then Sanchez shortly after. Their generosity knows no bounds.

Jimmy_Bond

Jesus, it's mental what an absolute cock Lukaku has turned out to be. What a bitter little man he is as he's failed at the biggest club he'll ever get to play for and got booted out for the youth.

Saying that, hope he manages to convince Sanchez, and hope he has Darmian and Rojo in his phone book.

Dolf

Would be funny if Lukaku and Sanchez lead Inter to a Serie A title :lol:
Not sure if that would say something about us or about them.

ValenciaRocks

Simon stone further reporting of Sanchez deal to inter being made either tomorrow or on Wednesday. His wages are to be subsidised in the transfer fee I’d imagine; only way a deal can be done.

As for the reports that Lukaku has been messaging Sanchez, whilst it’s definitely possible, it sounds like a bs story to me

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Some managers think that they possess the golden touch with anyone don't they?

Like when Mourinho took Falcao to Chelsea, despite him having barely been able to stand up for a season for us.

Jimmy_Bond

Simon stone further reporting of Sanchez deal to inter being made either tomorrow or on Wednesday. His wages are to be subsidised in the transfer fee I’d imagine; only way a deal can be done.

As for the reports that Lukaku has been messaging Sanchez, whilst it’s definitely possible, it sounds like a bs story to me
But that would make it a permanent deal, no?

That would be brilliant.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
i'm genuinely shocked at the number of people who have watched Sanchez for his United career and still want him to stay. what are you guys smoking?
Marquee Mania..!!
Sanchez is a big name star player, therefore Top Trump's rate him highly.
The fact that he hasn't produced for 3 years is neither here nor there...

Chairman Steve

I hope it happens. It’s been such a bad signing all round. Done nothing for us on the pitch but the majority of the damage has been done at the negotiating table with our existing players and maybe even players we were interested in.

As mentioned before, the club must have huge confidence in the likes of Greenwood, Gomes and Chong if they’re doing this, and those guys should get a gigantic confidence boost off of it.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This is an absolute ridiculous decision when you consider how short of options we are up front.

Our go to bench options tonight with a fully fit squad were Mata and a 17 year old...and that's with Daniel James and Lingard in the team!

Getting rid of Sanchez means that as soon as one of Rashford or Martial get injured or need a rest our season is over.

Enigma_87

You know who
This is an absolute ridiculous decision when you consider how short of options we are up front.

Our go to bench options tonight with a fully fit squad were Mata and a 17 year old...and that's with Daniel James and Lingard in the team!

Getting rid of Sanchez means that as soon as one of Rashford or Martial get injured or need a rest our season is over.
No one things so far ahead. When that happens we can blame it on injuries and hindsight..

RedDevilSwe

Supports
Liverpool
What happens at the stage of the season when we start picking up injuries and have two games a week? Mata and Mason (who is totally untested at top level) on the wings?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainoldo

Did you even remember he’s still here?